WHat time does the Mickey slide open on the first day?

we4blairs said:
PizzieDuster said:
No, no, no, don't be disappointed. It will most likely be open... here are some pictures - although they are bad pictures, they are pictures of my daughter, being the first in the empty CLEAN Mickey Pool. We always boarded with swimsuits on. It's so great enjoying it so clean and empty.
QUOTE]

I keep reading about it being "clean" -does it not stay that way? Do they not clean it? Yuck!

We have never had a problem with the water getting murky like some report. We are usually at the pool by 9 am and leave between 1 & 2. Of course on port days there aren't many kids in it to dirty it up. I think that the problem with the murky water comes from too many kids not getting out of the pool when they need to use the bathroom. :rolleyes1

:disrocks: Some of the "murky" water comes from sunscreen and you know just other stuff like lb says above :rolleyes1 . And you have to remember the Mickey pool is shallow and I've only experienced "murky" in the evenings..... One time I met my DH and DD5 there, I was coming down from Deck 10, it was after late dinner and was crowded and I just went..."get out" that is just gross. DH didn't notice it and probably didn't really see that the water was yellow :lmao: . My daughter said her eyes were burning and I knew it was from all the sunscreen. When you can't recognize Mickey's beautful smile on the bottom from Deck 10, it's time to get out. :confused3 I'm not saying my daughter didn't have a blast, she did. :cheer2: It was always clean the next morning. :wizard: Disclaimer: This experience was at night when it was dark, after the late night dinner. And the it was always clean the next day.

ROFL! :) I didn't think of the sunscreen. That would have a big effect on it with that many kids wearing it.

lbgraves said:
ROFL! :) I didn't think of the sunscreen. That would have a big effect on it with that many kids wearing it.

You mean you're supposed to put sunscreen on the kids??? :rolleyes1 :sunny: LOL!

gssmks said:
I hope it is open for my little girl. We plan to try early mornings and maybe during dining times, but this may be her only chance to really use the pool. When a lot of children get into the pool, she'll have to get out.

When in Sept. are you sailing? We are on the Sept 16th Double Dip Cruise.

Try going on one of your Castaway Cay days. Head back a bit earlier than the rest and you will have the pool to yourselves. We did this on our cruise (too much sun all week). The pool was in the shadow of the funnel and very warm and DS6 and I had it to our selves for over an hour before one other child showed up.

Just a thought to enjoy it on your own.

vpalmer said:
So are you saying that your 3 year old was able to go down the slide? I have a three year old as well and I thought she would not be able to slide. I would love it if she can! :Pinkbounc

My 3 year old did go down the slide. She was just barely tall enough! :cheer2:

She is average height.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter