WHat time does the Mickey slide open on the first day?

mketting

Mrs. Incredible
I am wondering if we will be able to go staight to the slide if we board as soon as boarding starts or will we have a bit to wait?

I hope so too. This si where I intend on sending the husband with our son as soon as we board so I can get everything else squared away!

Anyone know for sure?

Yes, it will be opened. And it is the best time to go. Good planning on your part.

All past 3 DCL cruises for us, that deck was open and ready for cruisers! We have always went there first thing upon boarding (Cat 3s). Everyone goes to the buffets. To have the Mickey pool and the slide - so uncrowded, it was my favorite thing of the cruise. My teens loved being the first ones to get chicken fingers & fries. Then myDH and I would take turns going to the buffet and a cocktail server would always be there to dote on us. I believe we just went up to the bar too, everything was soooooo empty, clean and relaxing. The pool will be open and the slide too. It will be very cean too :banana:

After the drill, we always go up to Deck 10 to save our favorite table for the sail away and sit there and enjoy everything around us.

We were one of the first ones to board on our cruise. When we got up to the pool deck they were still cleaning the Mickey Pool. The pool had no water in it. After about 35 min. it was filled and opened. Maybe they were just running a little late.

crzy4dsny said:
We were one of the first ones to board on our cruise. When we got up to the pool deck they were still cleaning the Mickey Pool. The pool had no water in it. After about 35 min. it was filled and opened. Maybe they were just running a little late.

I take it they don't heat the pool then:(

Last week, on the Wonder, we got up there about 12:45 and it was roped off. They opened it up at 1:00.

lbgraves said:
The pools are heated. They show the temperatures on the TV.

The Mickey pool was COLD on the Wonder last week! The Goofy pool was heated though.

When we went last year, they were cleaning and repainting the pool, and did not open until after the fire drill I think, my girls were so disappointed, the year before that it was open as soon as we walked on board.

I think the best bet with the Mickey slide pool on the first day is to be prepared to NOT be able to go in but have your kids' swimsuits handy (or even on) so if it IS ready, everyone will think how smart you are for being able to get in so quickly! Being prepared to NOT go in will keep little ones from being disappointed if it's not ready right away.

When we went in December, it was roped off when we boarded, but it was 11:45 a.m. After lunch, it was open but we explored the ship a bit first and then went to change the boys into their swimsuits (which I had packed in our day bag thanks to the tips here on the board!). Their sandals were in another suitcase, though - but as it turned out, that suitcase got delivered just as we were heading out for the pool!

Next time, I'll pack swimsuits and sandals in the daybag. They can also change in the bathrooms up on Deck 9 if the pool opens before the cabin is available. Since it was our first cruise, we were excited about seeing the cabin for the 1st time together. Now that we're "oh so experienced" (LOL!!!), we'll be less interested in exploring the ship and more interested in maximizing our fun time! No getting turned around backwards for us any more (LOL).

This is a big disappointment. According to everything else I have read, the pool is supposed to be open when they begin letting people board. This cruise is for my daughter and the one thing she asked to do is to go straight to the Mickey pool to swim before it gets too crowded. She will be so disappointed.

For those of you who have boarded and found it closed, did the crowds build up prior to them opening the pool, or is it pretty much free on the first day?

We were in group 3 to board the ship and my 2 kids were one of the first three to get in the Mickey pool. It was empty for at least 15 minutes and slowly got busy after that. The slide was not open at first but within the hour it was opened and my kids loved it and had pleanty of opportunity to go down it. I've got great pictures of the kids all by themselves in the Mickey pool. Thanks to the disboard tips they had their swim suits on under their clothes and were ready to go! My husband and I took turns going through the buffet. It was an awesome way to start the cruise!!! :sunny: We were so pleased to find that our dd age 3 had several opportunities to swim throughout the cruise without it being overwhelmingly crowded. There were lots of kids but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Have a great time!!!

lisamac said:
We were in group 3 to board the ship and my 2 kids were one of the first three to get in the Mickey pool. It was empty for at least 15 minutes and slowly got busy after that. The slide was not open at first but within the hour it was opened and my kids loved it and had pleanty of opportunity to go down it. I've got great pictures of the kids all by themselves in the Mickey pool. Thanks to the disboard tips they had their swim suits on under their clothes and were ready to go! My husband and I took turns going through the buffet. It was an awesome way to start the cruise!!! :sunny: We were so pleased to find that our dd age 3 had several opportunities to swim throughout the cruise without it being overwhelmingly crowded. There were lots of kids but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Have a great time!!!

Were there specific times of the day that you took your DD to avoid the crowds, or were you just basically lucky? My DD has a medical condition that includes some balance and strength issues. She doesn't do well in large groups of children running and pushing.

gssmks said:
This is a big disappointment. According to everything else I have read, the pool is supposed to be open when they begin letting people board. This cruise is for my daughter and the one thing she asked to do is to go straight to the Mickey pool to swim before it gets too crowded. She will be so disappointed.

For those of you who have boarded and found it closed, did the crowds build up prior to them opening the pool, or is it pretty much free on the first day?

No, no, no, don't be disappointed. It will most likely be open... here are some pictures - although they are bad pictures, they are pictures of my daughter, being the first in the empty CLEAN Mickey Pool. We always boarded with swimsuits on. It's so great enjoying it so clean and empty.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=538973532&key=gGJBxy

It was open when we boarded (around 12:00) both times Sept. 2004 and Sept. 2005. I hope it is open this September also. My kids loved being the first ones in the Mickey Pool. :thumbsup2

Saturday--Day15.jpg

Cathy

It looks like the Mickey pool differs at each situation...because when we went this last November, we were one of the first families up there too. The pool was open, but the Mickey slide did not open until 12, which was about a half hour away. They made it seem like they were waiting for the slide lifeguard to come on duty at 12. DH and I took turns getting lunch at Topsider's, and the kids just played in the pool until then. There were lifeguards around, just not the one that goes up to the slide area.

lisamac said:

Have a great time!!!

So are you saying that your 3 year old was able to go down the slide? I have a three year old as well and I thought she would not be able to slide. I would love it if she can! :Pinkbounc

PizzieDuster said:
No, no, no, don't be disappointed. It will most likely be open... here are some pictures - although they are bad pictures, they are pictures of my daughter, being the first in the empty CLEAN Mickey Pool. We always boarded with swimsuits on. It's so great enjoying it so clean and empty.
QUOTE]

I keep reading about it being "clean" -does it not stay that way? Do they not clean it? Yuck!

gssmks said:
Were there specific times of the day that you took your DD to avoid the crowds, or were you just basically lucky? My DD has a medical condition that includes some balance and strength issues. She doesn't do well in large groups of children running and pushing.

We went around 1:30 on the day the boat was at Nassau and then in the morning of the day at sea.
It wasn't empty but it wasn't terribly full either.

Good luck! :goodvibes

cathyscrapper said:
It was open when we boarded (around 12:00) both times Sept. 2004 and Sept. 2005. I hope it is open this September also. My kids loved being the first ones in the Mickey Pool. :thumbsup2

Saturday--Day15.jpg

Cathy

I hope it is open for my little girl. We plan to try early mornings and maybe during dining times, but this may be her only chance to really use the pool. When a lot of children get into the pool, she'll have to get out.

When in Sept. are you sailing? We are on the Sept 16th Double Dip Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!