What sort of mattress topper can you ask for to put on the sofa bed?

Why do the different DVC resorts use different mattresses/manufacturers? You'd think that by now Disney would have an specific brand they use so they can be sure the comfort is there while still fitting with the design (I use "design" loosely here as some sofas have as much style as a paper bag, and pretty much the same comfort level.)
I would think the ones available are ones left by guests who buy one and leave it behind after they leave. The same as people who buy box fans, blenders, etc, and leave them behind. If the resort has one, they will bring it to you. If there aren't any, they won't. And that would explain why different people end up with different types and brands.
Denise

I would think the ones available are ones left by guests who buy one and leave it behind after they leave. The same as people who buy box fans, blenders, etc, and leave them behind. If the resort has one, they will bring it to you. If there aren't any, they won't. And that would explain why different people end up with different types and brands.
Denise
LOL, I was referring to the sleeper sofas and their mattresses. You are correct in that Disney/DVC does not buy mattress toppers.

Why do the different DVC resorts use different mattresses/manufacturers? You'd think that by now Disney would have an specific brand they use so they can be sure the comfort is there while still fitting with the design (I use "design" loosely here as some sofas have as much style as a paper bag, and pretty much the same comfort level.)

My best guess would be it's because they refurb the resorts at different times and get different deals each time. And different room designors who pick out different things.

Mattresses are such a personal thing. Some people love memory foam, some people hate them. Some people love a firm mattress while others a softer one. If I didn't think it might be a maintenance nightmare for something like sleep number beds that would seem like a nice solution.

Personally I'd love for them to go with some type of memory foam everywhere. And I know plenty of people would disagree with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter