What sit down restaurant has the worst food in WDW?

Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre

This is the only place that we could not eat the food it was so bad and we have never returned.

Chef Mickey's breakfast was horrible, in my opinion...and overpriced.

Great character interaction, though. I guess that's what you really pay for.

But Crystal Palace breakfast has great food and great characters, so was well worth it. I won't ever go to WDW again without a breakfast there.

The only BAD meal we have ever had at WDW was for dinner at the Coral Reef. The food tasted terrible and was ridiculously over priced.

It's funny, at WDW I think there are 4 catagories:

Crappy CS
Good CS
Crappy TS
Good TS

I would much rather eat at good CS (like Pecos Bills) than the following TS restaurants:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Tony's
Mama Melrose
Hollywood and Vine

And honestly, I have yet to find a breakfast that I like at WDW. Crystal Palace was vomit.

I'd say that I have "fancy tastes" but like I said, I'd rather have a burger and fries from Pecos Bills.

This is one of those questions you may ask 500 different people and get 500 different answers.

I personally have never had a bad meal at WDW. I've had some average meals that didn't make me go whoa that was great but they weren't horrible either.

Average buffet diiner - Chef Mickey's
Awesome buffet dinner - Trail's End Restaurant

average buffet breakfast - Name escapes me and I think they have changed it anyway. In AK
Awesome buffet breakfast - 1900 breakfast

Sidenote: Character interaction at all character buffet meals was great.

Most loved sit down dinner for me is Le Cellier. Most loved Sit down lunch is 50's Prime Time.

Now I have not by far tried every place in WDW but as of now this is my list.

P.S. Favorite DTD quick meal place is Earl of Sandwich. Give me a glass of wine and Roast Beef sandwich from there and I'm good to shop! :laughing:

I think that in the last few years, all of the foods are getting to be more of the same between all of the restaurants. Especially breakfast. So when you say that one place has a good breakfast but another doesn't, I don't see any difference. The bacon, eggs, ham, etc are all the same mass produced/cooked glob of bacon, eggs, and ham just delivered to the different places. Burgers, chicken fingers, sandwiches, etc, same thing, its the same food everywhere. Unless you're in EPCOT or somewhere that has a specific theme, you're eating the same food at every place, there is no difference other than the kids heating it all up for you.

Same for TS, they have dumbed down the menus at many of the TS places so that the same food is used at most of them, they may have a little different side item, or something like that, but it's the same food. They've removed some of the more individualized items from menus, for instance, Spoodles no longer has paella on the menu. But I look at the menu now there and at many other places and I can't even see what I want that I couldn't have elsewhere.

I'll say that we've never had a horrible sit down meal at WDW. We've had a TON of meals that we don't think are worth the price paid - Coral Reef at lunch is one. They're a seafood joint with almost no seafood on the menu! The Sci-Fi menu typically disappoints (other than the shakes - yum!).

I would be somewhat hesitant to eat seafood there while future seafood was swimming by watching me. I'd have a hamburg just to be sure that I wasn't upsetting any of them.

CHEF MICKEY yucky yucky yucky (breakfast)and its hard to mess up breakfast for me....then ohanas....ever since they changed the menu...yuck and our server spit all over our food....eeww

OK, that statement requires more detail. You make it sound like the just hocked up something and spit it on your food. If so, what did you say to them to tick them off. If not, what did happen, really!

China.

Having traveled and eaten REAL Chinese food this was gross!

Having eaten a LOT of American Chinese food this was HORRID!

HINT TO CHEF... It is NOT really required that ALL food be overcooked and then subject to a salt bath!

Second Rainforest, but the truth is that when the food FINALLY arrives it's not that bad. It just apparently is made in Texas and transported one dish at a time to Orlando!

It reminds me of a group trip that I was on when I was in College. One of our tour stops was in Italy. When we ate dinner the first night all I heard was, that's the worst Italian food I've ever eaten. No, It was the only REAL Italian food they had ever eaten. Americanized "foreign" food is not real foreign food. It's just what we have come to expect.

I've heard a lot of negative things about Rainforest, but, I have eaten there on almost every trip and although I agree with the wait time the food has always been great.

There are very few things that I cannot eat. Somethings I like better than others, but, the only place I have ever gone to on Disney property where I had to throw it away was at the Commissary at the Studios. That stuff wouldn't even have made the listing of quality dumpster food.

Okay Let's see what's been listed so far:

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

Only about 50 more places to go until we've named them all!
MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

Of course all places will end up on the list. Someone, sometime will have had a bad experience for every place at WDW. What is interesting is how many times a particular place is mentioned. If all places get mentioned an equal number of times then the result is meaningless. But it looks like a few places are getting many more mentions than others (Sci Fi and San Angel for example)

Someone with time on their hands needs to tabulate the responses.

As many have said, everyone has different tastes, and this is proof.
Over the past 4 years, we have attempted to eat at as many restaurants as possible, and try as many foods as we could.
For us, the worst table services were the Crystal Palace at b-fast and Chef Mickey's at dinner. We enjoyed Akerhaus breakfast and Breakfastsaurus, and found there was a wide range of options between the three (unique fruits and pastries). 50's Prime Time had wonderful pot roast, and we expected the atmosphere, it was another reason to try it. O'Hana was my favourite TS during our trip, the food was spectacular. Sci-fi and Liberty Tree Tavern were okay. Really enjoyed LeCellier as well. Hoop-dee-doo and Whispering Canyon were worth the money too.

For the CS.....most are similar at MK and MGM, but Epcot and AK give distinct tastes. Loved Flame Tree at AK, Yorkshire Fish Shop at Epcot (UK), Pecos Bill at MK, Earl of Sandwich (DTD), and Pinocchio Village Haus at MK (for the Figaro fries alone). the Lotus Blossom (China) and Yakitori (Japan) were edible, but not spectacular (the Lotus egg rolls were actually spring rolls). Looking forward to trying Tangierine Cafe and Sommerfest this year.

Hope

Okay Let's see what's been listed so far:

Resorts
1900 Park Fare
Boatwright's
Boma
Chef Mickey's
GF Cafe
Jiko
Kona Cafe
'Ohana
Shutters
WCC

MK
LTT
Crystal Palace
Tony TS

Epcot
Akershus
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Morocco (TS?CS?)
Nine Dragons
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France

MGM
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Hollywood &Vine
Mama Melrose's

DTD
Rainforest

Only about 45 more places to go until we've named them all!

Of course all places will end up on the list. Someone, sometime will have had a bad experience for every place at WDW. What is interesting is how many times a particular place is mentioned. If all places get mentioned an equal number of times then the result is meaningless. But it looks like a few places are getting many more mentions than others (Sci Fi and San Angel for example)

Someone with time on their hands needs to tabulate the responses.
For me, It was Boma... I know I know..:confused3 .. but my taste buds just don't agree with their seasonings. I know the quality was really good, just couldn't eat their food.

COral Reef didn't do anything for me either. I had an hour wait with a then 6 year old, service was slow..... seating was far from the fish....fodd was just ok...not worth the price.. just not something I'd go back to.

If I can get my DD9 off my hip today, I might take on the challenge and tally if noone else does! It's an ice day here, so we're stuck inside, no school... :dance3:

Well, like it's been said before, I think a thread like this will eventually list all the places on site.

That being said, I'll contribute my thoughts.

Boma, Akershus and Morroco seemed like quality food, just not up my alley. Actually, I say that and I enjoyed all 3 better than the rest of my family who didn't seem to like anything.
I must not have my expectation too high for buffet's because I've never had a bad experience at any of the buffets at WDW. It's pretty easy to avoid the food that's been sitting for a while, and get the fresh stuff. I've eaten at 1900, CP, Chef M's and Cape May Cafe, H&V. I found them all to be fine.

LTT is one of our favorites. The kids love it and I think it's fine. It's our comfort food.

Now, as far as not good, in quality...I was very disappointed with Sci-Fi. The ribs were horrible, I may have caught them on a bad day, but yuck. Also the onion rings weren't very good either, and I think DW's chicken pasta was icky too. However DD's cheeseburger was good and the atmosphere is way cool.

Also Coral Reef was disappointing foodwise. I wouldn't say it was bad, but certainly not worth the money.

Actually, DW and I are trying to hit at least 3 new places each visit (Gotta love the dining plan, even with the dummied down menus) and the only places that we've eaten that we would pay to eat at again (other than the buffets) are Ohana (DW's favorite), LeCellier (DD and My favorite) and Spoodles (DS is into the buffets, he's all about the characters, not the food). We haven't tried any of the 2 DDP credit places, other than Artist Pointe (back when they had character meals at breakfast), so I can't really comment on those.

I may be the only person but I have not had any bad food at any of the restaurants. I have had mediocre but not bad. Everthing has always been okay to eat. The least impressive was at Hollywood and Dine before it became a buffet. I had some spaghetti sauce that was essentially crushed tomatoes and not much else. I have never been overly impressed with 100 Park Faire but I don't eat prime rib so picked from everything else and while there were some fine enough things, nothing was spectacular.

My point in listing all the places mentioned so far, was not just to keepa tally, but as a response to some of the posters who ask generically for DISers to list the 'best places to eat at WDW" without listing any of their preferences. Now when someone posts and says, which place on property has the best selection of sushi - a much more effective request. Also, I've been many times to WDW and there are still plenty of places I've never dined. If you have one marginal experience, it's easy enough to avoid that place on your next trip.

I've never dined at Sci-Fi, in all the trips I've had, but I've read both positive and negative reviews. It's probably been mentioned the most on this list asa negative, but I've read many times about great burgers and a fun environment there.

I also bet some places aren't going to be mentioned on this list, not because they are great or bad, but just becuse most folks never go there. I've rarely read any opinions about Narcoosee's, Olivia's, the TS at Saratoga Springs, Bluezoo, and others.

So keep 'em coming!

I would have to say San Angel Inn. I had some sort of combination platter. The ends of the meat were all dried up, like it had sat under a heat lamp or something. It really wasn't good. That being said, I loved the atmoshere and am thinking of giving it another chance just for that.

My point in listing all the places mentioned so far, was not just to keepa tally, but as a response to some of the posters who ask generically for DISers to list the 'best places to eat at WDW" without listing any of their preferences. Now when someone posts and says, which place on property has the best selection of sushi - a much more effective request. Also, I've been many times to WDW and there are still plenty of places I've never dined. If you have one marginal experience, it's easy enough to avoid that place on your next trip.

I've never dined at Sci-Fi, in all the trips I've had, but I've read both positive and negative reviews. It's probably been mentioned the most on this list asa negative, but I've read many times about great burgers and a fun environment there.

I also bet some places aren't going to be mentioned on this list, not because they are great or bad, but just becuse most folks never go there. I've rarely read any opinions about Narcoosee's, Olivia's, the TS at Saratoga Springs, Bluezoo, and others.

So keep 'em coming!
RE: your list
Morocco's TS is Cafe Marakesh
Rainforest Cafe is at AK as well as DTD
I mentioned Teppanyaki at EPCOT as my least favorite.

Now, you mentioned the TS at Saratoga, let me say, I love it. IT's called the Turf Club Bar & Grill. The menu isn't very complicated or sophisticated, but the Chef is very good with his sauces and seasonings.

Wait a minute. . .The Turf Club. . .Blah, I hate it, nobody should ever go there. Avoid it at all costs.

Man, I hope I didn't just give away Disney's second best kept secret.

If I had to pick a least favorite, I would say Chef Mickey's... I know! :confused3 But I've only eaten there once, and it must have been an off day...

I'd say my least favorite is Chef Mickey's. I really like the character experience there, but a lot of the food there was cold, and it was right when it opened. :confused3

Morocco's TS is Cafe Marakesh

FYI: the reason I posted it that way was because that's how the poster had it listed. Though I've read plenty of folks who went positive and negative on both.
Yes, there are two RFC's; I guessed on that one because I didn't have any other places listed for DTD yet. Personally, I find the RFC's to be a pretty homogenous group having dined at a number of them, but the poster could have meant either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter