what rides do you just skip when you are solo?

This is really interesting! I have my first solo trip booked in September and I cannot wait. Coming from Scotland so doing a full week.
I think a lot of the rides mentioned are ones I wouldn't have attempted solo anyways so it's good to get some opinions on them.
I just can't wait to walk around and soak it all in

This is really interesting! I have my first solo trip booked in September and I cannot wait. Coming from Scotland so doing a full week.
I think a lot of the rides mentioned are ones I wouldn't have attempted solo anyways so it's good to get some opinions on them.
I just can't wait to walk around and soak it all in

I'll be solo in September too! Hope you have a fantastic time! You'll find that the freedom to do whatever you want is the best part about going solo.

MK: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Ariel's Grotto, and Enchanted Tales with Belle (it was a one and done thing for me)
AK: Kilamanjaro Safaris (never intentional, I just never have time), Kali River Rapids (I don't want to get too wet)
EP: Phineas and Ferb World Showcase Adventure (and this thing in all its iterations)
HS: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and anything Frozen related

Magic Kingdom
Speedway, ETWB, Barnstormer, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Family TreeHouse, JLM.

Animal Kingdom
Petting Zoo - part of Rafiki's the other parts of Conservation Station/Rafiki's Planet Watch I enjoy.
Primal Hurl, the carnival games & boneyard in Dinoland, Triceratops Spin (no nostalgia for me, unike Dumbo or Aladdin's carpets)

EPCOT
TurtleTalk with Crush
Various Sections of Innovations - some sections I enjoy
The standup China Movie & Canda movie, mainly because you have to stand, (why they didn't build a theater like France is beyond me)

DHS
Disney Jn.
Every third year I like to see Indiana Jones Show, just not every year.

MK - Dumbo, Barnstormer, teacups

AK I'll ride all of it but Dinosaurs

Epcot I'll ride all of it

DHS I will ride all of it.

I avoid the character meet-n-greets. I feel weird as a solo.

A few years ago, I was at MK on a very low crowd day. I walked on to Space Mountain 4 times in a row. I'd do that again in a heartbeat!

MK: Always skip, Barnstormer, Speedway (just the smell of the exhaust makes me sick over there), Teacups, Stitch's Great crappy ride, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and the character meet and greets. Tom Sawyer, Country Bears, flying Carpets, Tiki and the shocker, Haunted Mansion, don't know why never really liked the ride. Every once in a while I will ride: Carousel of Progress, Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh. If I am not too tired I will run up and down through Swiss Family.

AK: Skip Rafiki's, Bugs Life, Birds show, everything but Dinosaur in that area. I do love walking the paths to view the animals, but often I am too excited to do as many rounds on Everest in the single rider line as possible before I start to feel sick. I never skip Finding Nemo, that show gets me every time.

HS: Don't skip anything but Disney Junior, but do sometimes skip, The Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, Frozen show and Beauty and the Beast. Also I will skip Fantasmic if I am there off season as they really cut down the characters, or least the last few times I went it seemed that they did.

Epcot: I skip Journey into the Imagination, Innovations East and West, Ellen's Adventure and all of the movies at the pavilions.

I have been about a dozen or so times by myself and truthfully I don't skip anything because I am by myself, instead I don't ride things I don't want to or are better experienced with one of my nieces. Somehow Dumbo just isn't as magical without my niece by my side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter