What Rides / Attractions Are You "Retired" From???

I cannot ride the Teacups due to the spinning.

I wish so badly that I could retire from the Carousel as the spinning gets to me there too, but I don't think my toddler will let me out of that one. Hopefully I can get DH to take him. Dumbo and Magic Carpets don't bother me because of the breeze. I find that a breeze in my face tends to make me less nauseous on spinny rides.

I've never ridden Mission Space but am looking forward to riding both sides. I'm sure Orange will make me hurl, but I'll be sure to do that at the END of the day. I just the concept for the ride is too intriguing to miss.

Hate to hear that about so many of the more popular E-ticket rides. :(
Hopefully you still get your Disney joy via other aspects of the WDW experience!
Thankfully, I enjoy every other ride on property. It's funny, RnRC and Space Mountain are small, not intense coasters. It isn't that aspect that makes them a no-go for me. It's that they rattle you around and are not smooth rides. Expedition Everest easily tops them both.

I am officially retired from ToT, or as I lovingly refer to it, the Tower of Nope. And it's a darn shame because I love the theming. But nope. I did it once. That's all. I'm done. Completely fear-based in my discrimination.

After never having rode Everest because Hei-Hei and I are both chickens, I finally womaned up and did it this year. And I loved it. Go figure. Rode it 3 times. Didn't make it over to RnRC though, so it's on the list for our Jan trip. I might love it--I might hate it. But at least I'll know.

I have no interest in Mission:Space, so I guess we can add that to the retired list. And I'm with several of you on Stitch's Great Escape. That's a shame too, because it's a clever concept ruined by a chili dog. I'll just wait until the dog vomits if I want that smell haha.

But I don't want to be retired from Space Mountain! I love it, but last time, it just felt so much rougher than in years past. Maybe it's me getting older, and I'll get on it in January. But that will be a tough one if I ever have to give it up.

Retired through reasons of motion sickness:
Tea Cups
Mission: Space
Star Tours

Retired due to complete lack of interest/chronic boredom:
Flying Carpets
Triceratops Spin
Carousel
Tom Sawyer's Island
Swiss Family Treehouse (or whatever it is!)
Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Speedway
And almost every movie at Epcot's World Showcase...

Our next trip will be with my partner who will be a first timer so it's forcing us to really take a different perspective..we'll see if any of these creep back in...

Only one...Mission Space. Got stuck in the capsule for way too long waiting for the ride to begin...that was the last time. Never again in a million years not even if it is the only ride left in any of the parks...not for a million dollars. Well maybe for a million dollars but that's the only way!!!!!!

My family has only ridden Astro Orbiter once because it takes forever to get to the front of the ride, and it is a glorified Dumbo ride. We also have retired the Dumbo ride (very occasionally riding it on say every 10 trips), and the Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride, and Stitch's Great Escape which I view as a waste of time. Another ride we don't frequent anymore is Buzz Lightyear because the line is too long. As for what makes us sick, going to have to be tea-cups and primeval whirl.

I won't ride the astro orbiter because it's terrifying to get into and out of the ride cars. I love tall coasters and don't mind heights, but something about loading high up just is a hard pass for me.

Mission space is a never done, never will. Movie/motion are a no go for me. I don't do star tours for the same reason.

RnRC used to be a fav, but I don't do upside down coasters anymore because I get a headache from them.

The fumes from the tomorrowland speedway make me nauseated and I can't even go near the fence let alone on the cars.

Wow. To be honest, I must say that I cant recall precisely what it is that batters me on SM... perhaps am indeed being shoved against the lap bar. I think it's all a big blur because at the end of the ride - i think I am a tad traumatized. I would never use that word up until now.. but I must wonder if that word truly fits, because I just can't recall. I just knew that afterward I told myself... that's enough!
It's weird because I used to love Space Mountain but after a refurb they did a few years ago, I found it the most unpleasant, painfully rough ride I'd ever been on!! Someone posted on these boards awhile back that the right side is less rough than the left side but I've never gone back on it to see if that was true. I would say it's an age thing too, but my DD feels the same way. I had the pleasure of riding the one at DL 3 years ago and that one is definitely WAY better.

Tea Cups
Space Mountain (for the head and neck jarring reasons)
Astro Orbiter
Speedway
MS Orange (one and forever done!)
The Riverboat and Tom Sawyers Island (haven't been back on that one in probably 20 years)
Figment
Swiss Family Treehouse

I am only 35? (I always have to think, yes, 35 haha)

And when I was 20, when we were at Disneyland Paris, we got a FP for the Indiana Jones roller coaster.....then got in line.....rode the ride, and then gave our fast passes away....HORRIBLE....I think its the backwards roller coastering that does it for me, because....

I can't ride Expedition Everest.....not at all....the backwards thing gets me....

I ride the teacups, but I don't spin them...

I rode Mission: Space pre-opening a few times (like how many times were we in Epcot right before it opened?? that's what happens when you go to college in Orlando haha) and I literally had to sit down for 30 min afterwards, that real weird feeling was going on behind my ears.....after 3-4 times back then, I CAN'T do it at all.....I have ridden the easy version after they split them, and well, it didn't really excite me? I mean, isn't the fun being space-like? I don't need to ride it again....

Space Mountsin for me too. I retired after the time two cast members had to haul my fat rear out of the car. It was the wrong end of a long, hot, busy day and my thighs quit on me some time during the ride. I was solo and it was mega embarrassing!

Other no-goes
Primeval Whirl-once was enough!
Character Meets-not since DD grew up and moved out, these were never my thing. DD is 29 and would stand in the Frozen line tomorrow if she could.

Seems like a lot of people share the same retired rides! Darn getting older and motion sickness :crutches:

I've never been on Kali River Rapids (just never have gotten around to wanting to get soaking wet), Dumbo, Flying Carpets, Triceratops Spin, Primeval Whirl...I'm sure there are others...I can't do even slow spinning. Therefore due to motion sickness. I have retired myself from Tea Cups (after desperately holding the wheel trying not to spin more than needed), Mission Space, Star Tours (this one makes me sad that I can't go on when DH goes without me), Expedition Everest I used to ride no problem, however the last time I rode the going backwards gave me very bad vertigo, so much so that I never want to ride it again (another sad one to lose).

At least I don't go motion sickness (unless I ride like 10 times in a row) on drops and coasters so bring on Space, Splash, RNRR and Tower :worship:

RNRC--that was a one and done for me. Also Jungle Cruise, Tiki Toom, Tea Cups (haven't been on those in years), Country Bear Jamboree (never know, may go back one day). People have been talking about Space Mountain--don't like it as well as I used to. I tend to get thrown around throughout the ride. I see people get off laughing and I'm wondering how they had fun, but I didn't, what am I doing wrong lol. I remember many years ago they supposedly made it less bumpy, but I feel like the reverse has happened. We have a FP for it this trip, so I'll go back on it, but be glad when it's done :rolleyes1

When I was young, it was a matter of bravery vs being chicken to go on the "thrill" rides. Now that I'm an old curmudgeon I realize being tossed around on a ride just isn't my happy place. I think the change happened when DH tricked me into going on a roller coaster that turned us upside down and I came off with a migraine. To each their own.

And I'll never be an astronaut.
My brother pulled something like that with his wife and I thought divorce would ensue :lmao:I'm sure she wanted to smack him at the very least.

Space Mountain
Primevil Whirl
Probably Expedition Everest too
Tower of Terror

Haven't done Mission Space or Rock and Roller Coaster.

RNRC--that was a one and done for me. Also Jungle Cruise, Tiki Toom, Tea Cups (haven't been on those in years), Country Bear Jamboree (never know, may go back one day). People have been talking about Space Mountain--don't like it as well as I used to. I tend to get thrown around throughout the ride. I see people get off laughing and I'm wondering how they had fun, but I didn't, what am I doing wrong lol. I remember many years ago they supposedly made it less bumpy, but I feel like the reverse has happened. We have a FP for it this trip, so I'll go back on it, but be glad when it's done :rolleyes1

Rofl. Yes, I too wondered if I was doing something wrong! I wondered... what was FUN about that??? And I'm not a thrill ride chicken, nor unhealthy... but I feel like I'm going to be thrown out of the seat! lol. Can you imagine how long that line would be if it included the probably thousands of us who just can do it!

And OMG.. THE TIKI ROOM... did it once and I was floored by how boring it was. An utter waste of precious Disney time! Hated it. Definitely a one and one attraction - so I don't even consider it a retirement. For me retirement means I used to do it, but not doing it anymore. I say get rid of it, and put in some kind a character attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter