What restaurants to avoid in EPCOT World Showcase?

Dh and I have to eat at Le Cellier in Canada every trip now. We love the atmosphere and DH is a die-hard carnivore!!

We loved San Angel Inn in Mexico. The "twilight" setting is so relaxing, although it does make it kind of hard to see the menu. Excellent food though (IMHO).

We will not eat at Akershus in Norway again. The service is superb, but the food does not appeal to either one of us. Mostly cold meats and salads, and some warm foods with strong "unusual" tastes. The breads were good, did not care for the soup.

Would like to try R & C. Heard some good things about it. I think we'll try it for our November trip.

Counter-service in American Pavilion was terrible when we tried it. We were just looking for something quick and simple. I ordered chicken strips, DH ordered a hamburger. Both were cold and unremarkable. Took forever and a day to actually get the food. Then, most of the tables in the seating area weren't cleaned off even though they were not being used. Is the American section of the WS the only one without a sit-down restaurant?

Dined here for lunch on our last trip. Although the food was fine, and the service superb, my biggest complaint was the lack of choices on the menu. Perhaps dinner would be different.

Despite the small menu, I wouldn't rule out dinner here on a future trip, although I probably would try the Bistro first.

I am not a fan of the Biergarten (Germany) or Akerhaus (Norway).

I would rather drop dead from starvation than ever eat Alfredo's food again.

If you go to the worst Italian restaurant in your hometown, order anything off the menu, put it in your refirgerator for a month, take it out and drop it down the sewer and let it float around for a while it will still be better than Alfredo's at it's best.

We are certainly in the minority as we love the "honey sesame chicken" at Nine Dragons!! Maybe you all are ordering the wrong item?

We like the "Rose & Crown" and it has become a family tradition for our 1st night in WDW! ( although the food is average to slightly good if your hungry enough)

We don't like "Alfredos" cruddy, overpriced, and we've even given it a few tries.

The sitdown place at Mexico was OK but can't they light up the tables a little there??

Just did the Marrakesh in May and it was pretty good and a very nice experience!

We've never eaten in America but we live here so no big deal!

Le Cellier was good the first time and ok the 2nd time so what ever.

Hope that might help!!

I would definitely say avoid Akershus in Norway. We gave it a big YUCK, although many do quite enjoy it! :)

but we have ALOT of great mexican food choices in Texas. I think it might depend on what you are use to. For counter service, especially with kids, we love Germany for the hot dogs & sausages and also UK's fish & chips.

No bad experiences. Of course we like some better than others, but that's just a personal taste thing.

We've never had a bad dining experience at EPCOT. :D

stevets - LOL! ;)
We've never been to Alfredo's but probably will try it once just to say we did it. I guess we are forewarned.

Last 3 times we tried San Angel Inn in Mexico it was horrible and the service was poor. We won't go back. This one used to be one of our favorites.

Thumbs down to Marrakesh dining experience.
The belly dancer was fun but the food was mediocre and the restaurant was unkempt. We were disappointed.

Thumbs up to Norway Kringla Bakery. A bit pricey for lunch but really yummy! High quality open-face sandwiches and super dessert choices.

Yakatori House was also really a pleasant surprise. Everyone groaned as I dragged them in but the tasty light dinner was perfect for leaving room for a Kaki Gori for dessert!

--penny

No bad experiences really...enjoyed some places better than others. Teppanyaki is my overall favorite in Japan with San Angel Inn in a close second. Lotus Blossom Cafe in China (CS) was quite yummy also. I must be unlike the others too, as I enjoyed Nine Dragons. The sesame chicken was very good and my fruit drink was quite yummy too. :p :o

The take out from China is awful. I think frozen chinese food from the supermarket would be better, even if you didn't defrost it! My kids think the best chinese food comes from the food court at the mall, and even they wouldnt touch the food from world showcase China.

Obviously, opinions on this topic are varying & contradictive. I noticed a lot of comments both ways on Mexico & China. I wonder how much of that is due to what Americans are used to - ie food in Mexico is nothing like Taco Bell, and a lot of 'authentic' Chinese restaurants have to serve what we have come to expect to be successful.

That said, I tended to go to places I was pretty sure I'd like, like the Biergarten (which I did). I was pleasntly surprised by Makaresh. I had the sampler which was wonderful. I was afraid it would be spicy (which I don't like), but it was just right.

Now this was back in '88, so things may have changed. We'll see next month.

OK... enough said.

Actually, no. Nine Dragons is the worst place to eat in all of WDW that I have found so far. The service is snail slow (even in off hours), the prices are too high (even for WDW) and the food is nasty. This is where cold, greasy noodles go to die.

Do yourself, your wallet and your stomach a favour and skip it.

The counter place is worse. This is where they unload all the nasty congealed noodles/rice that they couldn't unload at Nine Dragons.

I've had EXCELLENT chinese food. I live in the San Francisco bay area and lived in LA for 13 years. I know great chinese food, OK chinese food and NASTY chinese food.

This is nasty.

Princess Aurora - LOL!! from both my husband and me!:p

Not that China was on our list of options for our upcoming trip - I'd already read enough cautionary reviews - but yours is by far the most well-put!

Germany -- the show was fine, the food was the worst german food I have ever had in my life.

Also, the French beer is nasty.

The only place that I have really not enjoyed while at WS was Nine Dragons! Honestly, IMO, the local take out here is much better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter