What NOT to wear in First Class

scarves, always thought of them as good way to hide something...neck wrinkles mostly:laughing:. Same group needs to eat fiber, lots of it;). Not sure it's compatible with flying though.

As for curry, it must be an acquired taste.:confused3 Im a fan of hot wings, hot sauce, you name it; so i decided to be adventurous and try the indian buffet aboard a cruise this summer. The chef assured me the dish i selected was mild

Reporting from the parallel universe...

Today's flight was rich with DISworld hot buttons. Shame on me - I flew 'internationally' (but if I fly a German airline to Germany does that count as international?) The two women in F were wearing skirts, black sweaters, patterned tights, and scarf or pashmina. The men were mostly wearing what in DISworld is called the 'girlie outfit' and in German is translated as se.. er, highly attractive, ie denim trousers with a sport coat or blazer, dress shirt, and scarf.

On my short haul flight today we had a special guest - Bodo the dog, who was going to sit in his carrier, but who happily used the boarding gates while not on a leash. Being a German dog, when he got a little excited and tried to join me instead of waiting for his owner, he immediately sat down when told, and waited. He then boarded the plane sans leash, and I assume eventually went into the carrier. He again joined us at baggage claim, sitting quietly off the leash, and behaving better than I see most children and adults behave at baggage claim in America.

There was no DISworld carry on drama; we left with bins 1/2 full, and on time.

While on a chocolate restocking session I detoured to my favourite Turkish place in the terminal and while ordering lunch a Shephard (what you people call a 'German' Shephard and we just call a Shepard) stood next to me patiently waiting and obviously enjoying the smell of lamb.

Just another happy day of flying longhaul in the parallel universe - no fuss, no drama, with a few assorted animals behaving as well as the adults.

Oh, and just for keishashadow - the curried lentils and beans have finally made a comeback on the LH Asian veg menu (yay!) so there may well have been some peeps plopping on the plane. Perhaps it is time for that helpful poster to provide us with a discourse on the impact of flying on the sphincter muscles again, as many of our current audience may not have had the pleasure of reading that post.

Edited to add! I almost forgot the most relevant piece. At security in FRA I was enjoying the 'view' in the priority screening lane of the males around me in their girlie business attire. But one gentleman stood out - for wearing a Puma track suit!!!! It became clear however that while his outfit unfortunately may have been from Germany, he didn't belong to us. :)

Hi! I have been lurking around here again recently and reading (and enjoying) your posts on different perspectives of air travel around the world. And I have to add, that even in German economy class things are much similar to what you describe!!

As a German I would say that if you fly to Germany on a German airline in F you are still flying internationally since you can't be on a Lufthansa flight in F within Germany. So you have a departure from abroad which makes it international: two nations involved - well, perhas it might be more binational? :confused: But then, I guess we make more of a a distinction between continental and intercontinental. :goodvibes

And I agree that any sign of someone wearing a German track suit at an airport, it is a sure sign that this person has a different nationality than the track suit! :thumbsup2 I just wonder what is girlie about the male outfit you described??? :goodvibes

Oh and what is the elitist chocolate you get??? At FRA airport?

If you're eating Taco Bell for lunch I am lost as to where I can even BEGIN to help you with your issues.... ;)

That being said... there's nothing quite like a burrito supreme after having been in Paris for 4 months. :lmao:

Seriously, when you get a 25 minute window to eat your lunch (if everyone is on time), you better get the quickest thing possible... I seriously ate my lunch and finished as my next class was waiting at the door....... had to wait for my bathroom break until the 2 classes ended.... 2 hours later.... fun stuff!

Oh and what is the elitist chocolate you get??? At FRA airport?

HALLO! Any chocolate we buy is the special elitist kind - we have the good stuff, you know ;) And you know that MUC has the extra good shopping opportunities

I have a headache this morning however; long haul flying + jetlag + a box of Asbach Uralt = Kopfschmerzen!!

As a German I would say that if you fly to Germany on a German airline in F you are still flying internationally since you can't be on a Lufthansa flight in F within Germany. So you have a departure from abroad which makes it international: two nations involved - well, perhas it might be more binational? :confused: But then, I guess we make more of a a distinction between continental and intercontinental. :goodvibes

Now where were you on the 'what TO wear in First Class' thread when we were told that we are apparantely 'braggarts' for flying 'internationally'? Someone must think very highly of us and our technology skills, and crashbb, and all the other foreigners if we are expected to travel long distances across nations without use of an airplane. We just haven't shared the secret of the teleportation device with the rest of the world yet, apparently. :rotfl:

I've heard the secret to teleportation is to (besides using lots of astericks and ....'s):

*hold your dog (needs to be named Toto)

*click the heels of your

FOR-53018.jpg

&

*say 'there's no place like home, there's no place like home'

Well crap apparently THAT is my problem!

* the dog's name was Bodo, not Toto
* I am actually wearing these shoes this weekend (although they do come in red)
41%2BOXvAO6ML._AA280_.jpg

Thanks for the travel tips! :rotfl:

HALLO! Any chocolate we buy is the special elitist kind - we have the good stuff, you know ;) And you know that MUC has the extra good shopping opportunities

I have a headache this morning however; long haul flying + jetlag + a box of Asbach Uralt = Kopfschmerzen!!

Good to know that I live where good chocolate is at home! Sorry for your headache, but if you chose to eat (I guess if box, it must be filled chocolates) Asbach Uralt that's a just punishment.

Now where were you on the 'what TO wear in First Class' thread when we were told that we are apparantely 'braggarts' for flying 'internationally'? Someone must think very highly of us and our technology skills, and crashbb, and all the other foreigners if we are expected to travel long distances across nations without use of an airplane. We just haven't shared the secret of the teleportation device with the rest of the world yet, apparently. :rotfl:

Sorry, since the closest I ever got to flying First Class was watching a documentary on it, I really did not feel qualified to post on this thread... :goodvibes

I've heard the secret to teleportation is to (besides using lots of astericks and ....'s):

*hold your dog (needs to be named Toto)

*click the heels of your

FOR-53018.jpg

&

*say 'there's no place like home, there's no place like home'

Do you think that this would work for us foreigners? Not everyone speaks English and the "th" is often pronounced uncorrectly, so who knows where people might end up, if they make a mistake when they are supposed to say 'there's no place like home, there's no place like home' :confused:

'der's no place like home, der's no place like home'

That is how I pronounce it, if I am tired, or speaking to other German English speakers, or if I forget to use my cover accent.

(Of course, I also say 'ja' in English sometimes which is mistaken for that awful 'yeah', and I say 'bye bye' which is the standard Germisch farewell :lmao: )

I am absolutely gobstopped by this - over the last few years I have flown extensively in business class, both domestically and internationally and never wear anything but jeans or yoga pants. Twice I have been upgraded from business to first - flight from Mumbai to Frankfurt on Lufthansa and London to Singapore on British Airways, both times wearing jeans. United first domestically is a joke - who would actually pay for it? I bet the ratio of paid to upgraded/on points is 1 to 99 - and they have the audacity to tell someone they aren't dressed appropriately and go sit with the rest of the slobs who dress like you in the back of the plane!! We are flying united first on points from Calgary to Orlando in December - I've got an evil twinkle in my eye at this point .... flashing micky ears anyone - my slippers that look like mickey feet? Maybe my halloween minnie dress.... :rolleyes1

'der's no place like home, der's no place like home'

That is how I pronounce it, if I am tired, or speaking to other German English speakers, or if I forget to use my cover accent.

(Of course, I also say 'ja' in English sometimes which is mistaken for that awful 'yeah', and I say 'bye bye' which is the standard Germisch farewell :lmao: )
And therein lies your problem....the wizards recognize only the 'th' sound....therefore if you say 'der's' rather than 'there's', you are going nowhere!! Silly you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter