What NOT to wear in First Class

From one of the articles, this was a comment....

"i know armando personally and i would be willing to bet that his sweat suit he probably purchased @ neiman marcus was not the reason for his denial for first class.....small man big mouthitis. i love how they film his home to indicate that he has a few dollars in his best buy executive pocket, not like the average joe that got his sweats at walmart god forbid. this is hilarious."

Someone seems to be questioning whether the track suit wearing exec copped an attitude........

By the way, was it my "what to wear in first class" thread that got shut down? I didn't even notice....... shows I must be as tired as Bavaria!

Duds

He paid for the upgrade with miles. His upgrade was confirmed on the screen. He presumably went to the GA to get a new BP.

I didn't know a GA is allowed to downgrade a passenger from first class to coach because the GA doesn't like his attitude.

AFAIK the dress code, and attitude "rules" apply equally to coach and first class passengers. I don't know what he could have done to justify being denied first class but still be allowed to board the flight.

I'm assuming if he lost his upgrade because another passenger paid cash for a full fare ticket the airline would have said as much.

"i know armando personally and i would be willing to bet that his sweat suit he probably purchased @ neiman marcus was not the reason for his denial for first class.....small man big mouthitis. i love how they film his home to indicate that he has a few dollars in his best buy executive pocket, not like the average joe that got his sweats at walmart god forbid. this is hilarious."

Someone seems to be questioning whether the track suit wearing exec copped an attitude........

By the way, was it my "what to wear in first class" thread that got shut down? I didn't even notice....... shows I must be as tired as Bavaria!

Duds

My father used to work for a different airline years ago and whenever we flew, we had to dress up. That, however was because of their rules about employees flying and again it was years ago.

One of the replies to one of the articles, early on, mentioned that it's possible the gate agent got confused, and thought he was traveling on an employee "pass" (using quotes b/c I know that's not the right word). And that you do have to dress a certain way, even now, if traveling on such a pass. So if they got confused between his miles upgrade vs an employee thing, that's why they might have cited his clothing.

Or they've just all lost their minds...

Duds

Your thread was one of the ones that brings in lots of views and thus revenue I believe! Good boy!

By the way, even though I am wearing my German approved outfit today, I was told by security that I look very tired today, and that hopefully I can get some sleep on my flight. No 'you look lovely' for me today, just more concern for my wellbeing from the security which is on duty in my parallel universe.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

On behalf of the disboards I'd like to thank you for posting today. At the DIS, we know you have a choice in travel-related messaging boards and we appreciate every number, letter and asterisk you choose to type here. If there's anything we can do to make your posting experience more pleasant for you, don't hesitate to ask. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

::goodvibes

Your thread was one of the ones that brings in lots of views and thus revenue I believe! Good boy!

By the way, even though I am wearing my German approved outfit today, I was told by security that I look very tired today, and that hopefully I can get some sleep on my flight. No 'you look lovely' for me today, just more concern for my wellbeing from the security which is on duty in my parallel universe.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

On behalf of the disboards I'd like to thank you for posting today. At the DIS, we know you have a choice in travel-related messaging boards and we appreciate every number, letter and asterisk you choose to type here. If there's anything we can do to make your posting experience more pleasant for you, don't hesitate to ask. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

:) :) I second that.

Now that you mention it, the asterisks are my favorite part! :rotfl2:

I love when they say that when you've just flown a route on which they are the only available airline. The "quickest" connecting option generally more than double travel time (so not really an option).

I do though, agree with thanking Bavaria.

Duds

Oh, let's not go there!!! Just play nicely...that's all I ask.

Thanks so much for flying DIS Airlines!! We do appreciate your patronage!!!

If I were a woman I'd say to hell with it and just wear nothing.

Sage words of advice...not!:laughing: A dude-directed reality check: most women I know complain about freezing on planes and drag along jackets/travel-sized blankies to insure survival.

Sage words of advice...not!:laughing: A dude-directed reality check: most women I know complain about freezing on planes and drag along jackets/travel-sized blankies to insure survival.

Personally, I love the sweaters that double as wraps (NEVER EVER to be confused with the Ronco(tm) Snuggie) :lmao:

Reporting from the parallel universe...

Today's flight was rich with DISworld hot buttons. Shame on me - I flew 'internationally' (but if I fly a German airline to Germany does that count as international?) The two women in F were wearing skirts, black sweaters, patterned tights, and scarf or pashmina. The men were mostly wearing what in DISworld is called the 'girlie outfit' and in German is translated as se.. er, highly attractive, ie denim trousers with a sport coat or blazer, dress shirt, and scarf.

On my short haul flight today we had a special guest - Bodo the dog, who was going to sit in his carrier, but who happily used the boarding gates while not on a leash. Being a German dog, when he got a little excited and tried to join me instead of waiting for his owner, he immediately sat down when told, and waited. He then boarded the plane sans leash, and I assume eventually went into the carrier. He again joined us at baggage claim, sitting quietly off the leash, and behaving better than I see most children and adults behave at baggage claim in America.

There was no DISworld carry on drama; we left with bins 1/2 full, and on time.

While on a chocolate restocking session I detoured to my favourite Turkish place in the terminal and while ordering lunch a Shephard (what you people call a 'German' Shephard and we just call a Shepard) stood next to me patiently waiting and obviously enjoying the smell of lamb.

Just another happy day of flying longhaul in the parallel universe - no fuss, no drama, with a few assorted animals behaving as well as the adults.

Oh, and just for keishashadow - the curried lentils and beans have finally made a comeback on the LH Asian veg menu (yay!) so there may well have been some peeps plopping on the plane. Perhaps it is time for that helpful poster to provide us with a discourse on the impact of flying on the sphincter muscles again, as many of our current audience may not have had the pleasure of reading that post.

Edited to add! I almost forgot the most relevant piece. At security in FRA I was enjoying the 'view' in the priority screening lane of the males around me in their girlie business attire. But one gentleman stood out - for wearing a Puma track suit!!!! It became clear however that while his outfit unfortunately may have been from Germany, he didn't belong to us. :)

Speaking of chocolate (no, not the uber elite chocolate that typically fills the pockets of your Longchamp, but the bourgeois variety I love so well) I have a new favorite in-flight food item:

Minibix Chocolate biscuits! Real miniature weetabix with dark chocolate bits inside. Major yum! They taste like small, crunchy pains au chocolat. I was getting tired of bringing my instant oatmeal in tupperware and making use of the hot water on board for breakfast.

Reporting from the parallel universe...

Today's flight was rich with DISworld hot buttons. Shame on me - I flew 'internationally' (but if I fly a German airline to Germany does that count as international?) The two women in F were wearing skirts, black sweaters, patterned tights, and scarf or pashmina. The men were mostly wearing what in DISworld is called the 'girlie outfit' and in German is translated as se.. er, highly attractive, ie denim trousers with a sport coat or blazer, dress shirt, and scarf.

On my short haul flight today we had a special guest - Bodo the dog, who was going to sit in his carrier, but who happily used the boarding gates while not on a leash. Being a German dog, when he got a little excited and tried to join me instead of waiting for his owner, he immediately sat down when told, and waited. He then boarded the plane sans leash, and I assume eventually went into the carrier. He again joined us at baggage claim, sitting quietly off the leash, and behaving better than I see most children and adults behave at baggage claim in America.

There was no DISworld carry on drama; we left with bins 1/2 full, and on time.

While on a chocolate restocking session I detoured to my favourite Turkish place in the terminal and while ordering lunch a Shephard (what you people call a 'German' Shephard and we just call a Shepard) stood next to me patiently waiting and obviously enjoying the smell of lamb.

Just another happy day of flying longhaul in the parallel universe - no fuss, no drama, with a few assorted animals behaving as well as the adults.

Oh, and just for keishashadow - the curried lentils and beans have finally made a comeback on the LH Asian veg menu (yay!) so there may well have been some peeps plopping on the plane. Perhaps it is time for that helpful poster to provide us with a discourse on the impact of flying on the sphincter muscles again, as many of our current audience may not have had the pleasure of reading that post.

Speaking of chocolate (no, not the uber elite chocolate that typically fills the pockets of your Longchamp, but the bourgeois variety I love so well) I have a new favorite in-flight food item:

Minibix Chocolate biscuits! Real miniature weetabix with dark chocolate bits inside. Major yum! They taste like small, crunchy pains au chocolat. I was getting tired of bringing my instant oatmeal in tupperware and making use of the hot water on board for breakfast.

all this talk of chocolate as I sit here eating my Taco Bell for lunch........ I must be missing something!

Duds

This??!!! I may need to add it to my list! Today I got to stock up on the special holiday lines of chocolate - limited time only!
055712067070.jpg

If you're eating Taco Bell for lunch I am lost as to where I can even BEGIN to help you with your issues.... ;)

That being said... there's nothing quite like a burrito supreme after having been in Paris for 4 months. :lmao:

all this talk of chocolate as I sit here eating my Taco Bell for lunch........ I must be missing something!

Duds

So, are they REQUIRING scarves in Germany now? ;)

Seriously, I've noted the European scarf obsession, but I just can't participate. Ever since childhood I've had issues with feeling choked if I have anything wrapped around my neck. I wouldn't wear a turtleneck even if you paid me, and the only winter "scarf" I own is a heavy silk jersey draped cowl -- but I think I've only worn it twice in 10 years, both times when I had to spend time outdoors in Chicago in sub-zero weather.

The men's outfits seem fine to me ... except for the scarves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter