What NOT to wear in First Class

Safetymom beat you to it on another thread....

My attire yesterday received the TSA stamp of approval as well as the F stamp of approval. It also received the Safetymom stamp of approval, even if it was not generally DISapproved. ;)

I just can not believe you both went there!!!!
Okay.....I'll let this one stay open, but if it gets testy like the other one, it gets closed down and quickly. There will be no insult hurling again.

Though, interestingly, he doesn't not appear to plan on suing them (at least he says he doesn't).

I wonder what the gate agent would have done had he actually paid for a first class ticket instead of using miles to upgrade to first class?

From the followup story:
A spokesperson says they've identified the gate agent and he is a contract employee who works for Air Wisconsin.

The spokesperson says the employee was interviewed and security footage from the terminal is being reviewed as officials for both airlines investigate the incident.

United says there is no passenger dress code, but they cited two rules. Ticketed passengers can not be barefoot and must be clothed.

The GA doesn't get to make up rules. Does Air Wisconsin flights even have a first class section on any of their flights?

I don't agree with the OP, I think this a case of a self important GA not a self important sloucher. The dress code is the same for first class and coach. Either he should have been allowed to occupy the first class seat he paid for (miles and money) or he shouldn't have been allowed to fly.

I don't agree with the OP, I think this a case of a self important GA not a self important sloucher.

I'm pretty certain the OP is not calling the passenger in question that, but rather making a reference to the previous thread about dress in F.

My sister has flown on another airline and she told me she doesn't wear jeans because she would not be able to upgrade or be bumped to first class if she has jeans on.
My father used to work for a different airline years ago and whenever we flew, we had to dress up. That, however was because of their rules about employees flying and again it was years ago.

I don't know whether to feel proud or ashamed that the outfit in question was from a German company apparently. ;)

Ding ding ding.... we have points. :)

(in a jetlagged, painfilled stupor the other night I had a dream that WebmasterKathy gave me points on the Airline Etiquette thread for referring to a closed thread and pulling the Moms (Safety and Goofy) into my discussion about said closed thread)

Now, to get back on topic, I have to go select my outfit as I am flying LH shortly and want to ensure that I am 'properly' dressed. I take it that German standards and not DIS standards apply. ;)

Just when you thought it was safe to click on the Transportation Board link...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/man-kicked-out-of-first-class-united-110309

Self-important slouchers beware... ;)

Many designer 'track suits' both look better (after long hours on a flight) and cost more than a cheap suit.:rolleyes1

As long as the peep plopped in seat next to me isn't overly friendly/loud, tries to hog the armrest or stink (body odor, or too much cologne-cheap or otherwise), it's all gravy...advance apologies to those who belong to any of the aforementioned categories:cool2:

United and its subsidiary (through contract) are on a roll with issues as of late...and these really have nothing to do with saving money either, just overall poor customer service.

Lets see. You can't fly first class unless you are properly dressed by their standards. But you can sit on a plane for hours on the tarmac because , God only knows why! Or you can just fly over your destination and no one on the plane even questions it. This is just crazy, and wrong. They are lucky that it was not me, because I certainly would of said something.. I would of asked for documentation right there, then when I got hope things would of really started to fly.I would not have screamed and made a scene, because I would of wanted to get home. It seems that the corporate world thinks it has the authority to do what ever they want to the customer because we need their services. People need to speak up and let them know we are not going to take it anymore!!

As long as the peep plopped in seat next to me

Sign that I need to log off and get some sleep - I misplaced the L's, P's, and vowels in that sentence and came up with someone quite different and less acceptable from an airline seatmate. :rotfl:

Ding ding ding... we have a winner! :)

Sorry for misreading your thread.

I'm confused, I don't see anything wrong with what the BB person was wearing. I agree (AFAIK) it wouldn't be appropriate for non-rev passengers. It's not something I'd wear on a plane, it doesn't meet my personal dress standards.

Assuming there was something wrong with the clothing (holes/rips in the "wrong" places) the passenger shouldn't have been allowed to board the plane in either cabin.

Ding ding ding.... we have points. :)

(in a jetlagged, painfilled stupor the other night I had a dream that WebmasterKathy gave me points on the Airline Etiquette thread for referring to a closed thread and pulling the Moms (Safety and Goofy) into my discussion about said closed thread)

Now, to get back on topic, I have to go select my outfit as I am flying LH shortly and want to ensure that I am 'properly' dressed. I take it that German standards and not DIS standards apply. ;)

Was that a dream or a nightmare? :rotfl:

Oh, other than a tacky track suit there was nothing 'wrong' with his clothing. The GA was either misinformed or was enjoying his temporary authority a little too much. The thread is a throwback reference to another long-abandoned thread. As someone who spends way too many hours with the traveling public, I can tell you that 90% of those traveling are candidates for "What Not to Wear" - and that doesn't include those who deliberately choose to underdress for their own physical comfort. That being said, there is never a reason good enough EVER to be seen in a velour tracksuit with "Juicy" plastered on the rear end. :lmao:

Sorry for misreading your thread.

I'm confused, I don't see anything wrong with what the BB person was wearing. I agree (AFAIK) it wouldn't be appropriate for non-rev passengers. It's not something I'd wear on a plane, it doesn't meet my personal dress standards.

Assuming there was something wrong with the clothing (holes/rips in the "wrong" places) the passenger shouldn't have been allowed to board the plane in either cabin.

Sign that I need to log off and get some sleep - I misplaced the L's, P's, and vowels in that sentence and came up with someone quite different and less acceptable from an airline seatmate. :rotfl:

:eek: you've got me :lmao:, i'll add it to my guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter