What movie needs an attraction?

Love the idea of The Incredibles! Disneyland did a great job with the Monsters, Inc. ride.

Alice in Wonderland is already at Disneyland in California.

Not sure if OP meant new rides that aren't in ANY parks yet or just referring to WDW parks?

Not sure these would make good attractions,but my DD always wishes she could see more Jungle book and 101 Dalmation themes in the parks.:goodvibes

"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" ... oh, and the segment "The Wind in the Willows" from "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad."

Wait... oh yeah. Never mind.

I'd vote for Tron (still an impressive, landmark film) myself... how awesome would a lightcycle ride be? And in all seriousness, I've always wanted a "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" ride... (and before anyone says it: yes, the HM was at one time going to be themed to Sleepy Hollow. But it isn't. So there).

Indiana Jones needs a roller coaster!

I think it was Temple of Doom where near the end they were being chased in the mine cars on a track. Imagine a roller coaster with all knids of loops, turns, and whoops weaving through a mine shaft. Each car would only hold up to 4 people and it would be very fast, just like the movie.

I know there's an Alice attraction at DL, but I think WDW needs an Alice in Wonderland attraction and the Aristocats wouldn't hurt either. I also agree that a Mary Poppins attraction would be a good idea.

:) My husband and I talk about this too! We agree it should be The Incredibles. ;)

Poor, poor Bambi. No attraction, no characters from his movie in the parks anywhere, not even a lousy snack cart named for him or one of his cohorts. It surprises me that for such a popular movie, there is no mention of Bambi in WDW at all....is there?:confused3

Enchanted, it's new and all, but i'd love to see a ride based on the movie. Sort of like you start off in a fairytale land, and then the ride gets faster and you end up in NYC, and well... you get the point ;) I think that'd be such a fun ride! Mulan would be incredible! Especially in Epcot or something. So many Disney Movies would be great as rides, its an ongoing list almost.

I can't remember what the movie was called, but it had Johnny Depp in it and it had a lot of swashbuckling buccaneers in it. Man, I wish I could remember what it was called but none the less, that would be an awesome ride.

I wish they would make a Roger Rabbit dark ride, where it starts out slow, then gradually turns into a minor thrill ride, as you make your way around Toon Town. (Ending up in a Toon Town themed merchandise store when you exit.)

I also wished they made a 4-D motion simulator dark ride (similar to Spiderman at IOA, only better) based on Hercules. I always thought that movie had so much potential for a ride. (Imagine being able to feel the fire from Hades or feeling the wind from a near miss attack of the Hydra, so much possibilities.)

I also wanted them to make a Stitch Coaster or interactive simulator, where you must rescue Lilo (who has been kidnapped) by the evil (yet funny) Dr. Hamsterviel, all while being chased by Captain Gantu!

OK, so I can really go on and on for hours and hours. :rotfl:

One of the things I do in my limited spare time is come up with stories and ideas for rides. I actually got notebooks filled with scrips, ride designs, you name it, even ideas for Shops and Restaurants! :surfweb:

Anyway, those were three that stuck out in my mind. The one with River Country being converted to "Kuscotopia" was pretty good. I sure wish they would do something nice with that place.

Well, this is a good idea for a thread, hope to read some more soon. :thumbsup2

I would love a Dark ride featuring 101 Dalmations. With Cruella chasing us:thumbsup2

Poor, poor Bambi. No attraction, no characters from his movie in the parks anywhere, not even a lousy snack cart named for him or one of his cohorts. It surprises me that for such a popular movie, there is no mention of Bambi in WDW at all....is there?:confused3

Other than Thumper making a brief meet n greet appearance at DAK for the DVD release of Bambi in 2005, I haven't seen anything out of Bambi in the parks . . . unless you count a topiary at Epcot.

Aladdin needs something - Even a show like at California Adventures would be awesome - I also agree with other posters that Mary Poppins would be very cool....Disney are you listening?

I'm surprised AK doesn't have more Lion King & Jungle Book type stuff there.

Hmmm...lots of good ideas mentioned so far though. I am glad to see that Toy Story is getting the new attraction this summer, but that gives them two. I do wish that they'd look back at some of the older movies, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Tarzan needs something. I miss that show in AK :sad1:

Hercules is such a fun movie too, I'm sure they could come up with something good for that.

The Little Mermaid could be made into a fun Peter Pan-type ride.

101 Dalmations is hardly mentioned!

And Disneyland's Aladdin show NEEDS to come to Disney World!

I think Disney needs to stop making rides with all their new Pixar movies. They are amazing movies, but it's kind of to the point of over-kill now. I mean Nemo has a show, a ride, another show, and a whole pavillion named after him. But what about all the classic Disney movies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!