what kind of Vellum do you use?

RealMickeysGirl

DIS Veteran<br><font color=9966ff>I think my frien
When I make greeting cards, I get the vellum paper packs from the artist section of craft stores to stamp on. I haven't tried putting this through the printer though. I have gotten some very nice things in swaps that look like vellum put through a printer.
When I print on transparencies the ink won't dry - will I have the same problem with vellum?
Could it be my printer or the kind of ink it uses?

I recently heard that you have do do different things to print on vellum depending on your printer. It should go right through with a laser printer, but you have to adjust the setting if you are using an ink jet printer. You have to print with a lower quality (which uses a thinner layer of ink and is better absorbed by the paper) and it should come out better.

I use Strathmore Ink Jet vellum, it dries quickly. Also for transparencies I have bought ink jet transparencies, there is a rougher side that gets printed on. I used to be able to get the vellum in Staples, but they don't carry it anymore, you can get it online. I have seen some colored Strathmore ink jet vellum in Michaels but not the "white". I know some people who use regular vellum in the printer and they say you just have to let it sit and dry for a long time so it won't smear.

I have also used my heat gun (the type for melting embossing powder) and dried the ink that way. You have to be not too close, or else the paper (vellum) will brown.

I use vellum in my ink jet (Dell brand). It works great - no smudging. I do let it sit on the printer tray for a while because it looks wet right after printing. Once dry, I haven't had any problems. I don't have a favorite brand of vellum paper. I just purchase whatever is on special at the craft store or a specific color at my scrapbook store.

I also use vellum from the craft and scrapbook stores with my ink jet printer with no problem. I also print just one page at a time and allow each to dry separately. Once it's dry, I've not had a problem with smudging. If I'm doing a quote or lyric, etc., I usually get 3 to 4 on a page so it doesn't take me too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter