What is your WDW vacation alternative?

I have no idea where we are going. Cancelled Costa Rica and Disney.

Thinking of OC, MD in August and driving Skyline Drive in the Fall. The uncertainty sucks!

We ended up cancelling our July trip. Going to reschedule on the 28th for next July. Here is what we are doing instead.

1. We went to Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago for a few days to do some hiking.

2. We are going to go to Universal July 20-30. Getting premier passes.

3. Since we will have premier passes, taking a fall break trip back to Universal.

We ended up cancelling our July trip. Going to reschedule on the 28th for next July. Here is what we are doing instead.

1. We went to Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago for a few days to do some hiking.

2. We are going to go to Universal July 20-30. Getting premier passes.

3. Since we will have premier passes, taking a fall break trip back to Universal.
So you canceled Disney but are still going to Universal this July?

So you canceled Disney but are still going to Universal this July?
Yeah, our Disney trip was July 5-17, so we would have only had 6 park days, and at the time, only DVC were available so we couldn’t afford to move it. Ultimately decided we wanted to try something new for this year, Universal. Will be booking Disney for July 2021 in the next few days when it’s available.

I'm going to guess you are from the area. Any idea if either Hungry Bear is a problem? We usually stop in during the day and are often the only customer or maybe one of two sets of customers. Going to be by there in a few weeks and its my husbands favorite BBQ so would like to make that our lunch stop.

Also, if you are from there, do you mind if I PM you closer to our trip to see if there is any undated intel?
I haven’t heard of Hungry Bear being a problem, but I haven’t heard of any spikes being tied to a specific location yet. Granted, this can and will change over the next few weeks. My comment was more of if there are cases tied to a specific location, you’ll only hear rumors, or maybe the local news will investigate.

Of course you can DM me! I don’t get on every day, but I try to make it on regularly.

Every morning we have to self-attest our health situation on an app before entering the workplace. The question regarding recent travel is vague and poorly worded. A part of the question asks if you've been under any type of travel quarantine in the past 14 days and it is combined with another topic entirely.
They tried something like that early on, but it turned out a lot of my co-workers live beyond the original mile limit they had, or went to a grocery store outside of the mile limit.

We didn't have a Disney trip planned for this year. We have booked a cabin in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a few days in the fall. Right now, we don't plan on getting out too much when we're up there. We will cook most of our meals at the cabin, and just enjoy the amenities at the cabin and the scenery.

We didn't have a Disney trip planned for this year. We have booked a cabin in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a few days in the fall. Right now, we don't plan on getting out too much when we're up there. We will cook most of our meals at the cabin, and just enjoy the amenities at the cabin and the scenery.

We just did this a few weeks ago. It was perfect. We ordered takeout because I didn't want to cook all the time and we spent a lot of time in the park. It's easy to be away from people there and play in the river or watch the bears. We took picnics and small hikes. Honestly we go to Pigeon Forge twice a year but it had been a long time since we'd been to the park. Our family had the best time. So much so we plan to do it again in August. We live on a farm with barely cell or Internet so we wanted a cabin but with really good Wifi and food delivery. We can't even get pizza delivered where we live. We had beautiful views, Grub Hub (!!!!) and wifi. It was so much better than I thought.

Cancelling out August trip and heading to the beach. Still going to Florida, but Siesta Key area. My wife's aunt is retired there and it's a beautiful spot to just hang out, chill and take our minds off this whole disaster. It will be our first year not going to Disney in nearly 15 years. We were really bummed, but frankly, at this point, I'm looking forward to hanging out and not doing much of anything for the while time! 8-)

Nothing right now. We're staying home unless something changes. It's going to be a strange summer. Lots of relaxation in our own back yard or very local parks (the portions that are even open), I guess.
daytrips locally to visit nice outdoor stuff around me.... that's my summer (If I'm lucky)

I’m also in MA and feel your pain about the escape from winter in February! We had a cruise planned but just cancelled it today. Our three adult kids were going to be going with us so we’re bummed it isn’t happening and now I’m sitting here going....it’s gonna be a looooooonnnng winter. I just hope our cases keep declining. The way things stand now I don’t plan on leaving New England anytime soon...and we love to travel. Very strange not to have trips booked.

Enjoy your week on the Cape! Always a great time!

Thanks!
Such a bummer to have to cancel your cruise.
I love planning vacations and look forward to them so much - especially the ones that involving escaping cold weather. Our Feb 2021 WDW trip was going to be my husband, my kids and I going with my cousin and her wife and my parents- it would've been really fun for all 9 of us to go together.

My BFF and her family decided to join us in the Cape in August and rented a cottage too. We can social distance pretty easily on the beach and the kids can still boogie board together bc they are outside and not super close for stuff like that. So, that'll be fun. I have a long weekend in the white mountains in NH booked for October, but playing that by ear still bc NH has a quarantine rule for people from Mass right now.

A cottage in Maine is ALWAYS a great vacation. Have a wonderful time!
We didn't have a Disney trip planned, but we were supposed to fly into Denver, stay for a few days, take the train through the mountains to Salt Lake City, and then go to Yellowstone, flying back home from SLC. We cancelled it. It's too stressful, not knowing if there will be hotels open, anyplace to get a decent meal, if that train will be running to SLC, having to quarantine in different states, etc. It was just too stressful, too many unknowns- and even if my questions are resolved in a couple of weeks, it could all change at the drop of a hat. Instead we are renting a cottage on a beach in the state where we live, so we know the accommodation will be there, we can drive to and from in our own car, we'll have a kitchen and can bring groceries if need be, and we won't have to quarantine when we get back.

I love Maine. I would've preferred to do a Maine beach trip instead of Cape Cod...but Maine is being strict with requirements for Massachusetts residents visiting as far as quarantine or negative covid test. So, Cape Cod it will be this year for us - staying in our own state too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter