What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Does Yeti make a cup that is not heavy? I think that kind of defeats the point it is the insulation that keeps the ice, but thought I would ask.

i decided to pack this time paper towels for the bathroom for hand washing. we always hand wash returning to the room (i bring my own pump soap) and typically use the hotel washcloths. i think this time with less housekeeping this is the way to go
I love this idea. I think I will do the same. Thank you!

I will start a list of not so normal items to pack for use at WDW.

We bring a McDonalds takeout cardboard 4 cup holder. We bring plastic Disney cups in 4 different patterns, whcih fit into the McDonalds 4 cup holder. What we use it for is a tooth brush holder. Everyone gets a cup assigned to them, to place their toothbrush in. The toothbrushes are organized and do not touch the counter. :goodvibes

We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night. :goodvibes

We bring ziplock bags in quart and gallon sizes. We use them to store any food we bring back to the room (no bugs please) and our cell phones & camera's when it rains. :goodvibes

What do you bring and use at WDW which are not normal items like a brush, clothes, extra sneakers ?
Fun thread! We bring large garbage bags for rain. They fold up smaller than a poncho and are more versatile- I.e. Put a backpack in or cover our stroller.

i decided to pack this time paper towels for the bathroom for hand washing. we always hand wash returning to the room (i bring my own pump soap) and typically use the hotel washcloths. i think this time with less housekeeping this is the way to go

I think my original post in this thread was way before both magic bands, fast pass +, and included wifi. :rolleyes1

Love the idea of paper towels for my trip next winter. I’m also packing a Flingz or 2. Even pre~Covid I usually forgo the daily Mousekeeping. And those smallish room trash cans only hold so much.

So many amazing ideas —-I must have missed the black light, why do we bring that? Please let me know!
We use the black light in the bathroom and floors. Many body fluids (specifically urine, snot) glow under black light, so it's easy to make sure the bathroom floor/potty is clean, and there's no obvious yuckies on the room floor. We also use it for bed bug checks.

I have alot of things that are not really normal that I pack when we travel, for us they are normal and what make it easier for us when traveling. Depending on where we are going the items vary. I will say that I have watched this thread for a while and there are so many good tips and ideas.

Okay here we go...

A luggage scale - takes the guess work out of it..

A roll of duct tape you would be surprised at what you can use this for. Broken luggage handles, wheels, zippers that fail, fix a broken stroller. Gorilla glue is another thing that we have taken along with us.

Flashlight- we each have a small mini one that we bring - looking for something under the bed, reading a city map, digging in the backpack or day-bag, using it while walking back to the hotel at night, we used it in Paris alot, and at DLP.

TP this is a must, Paper towels, napkins, toilet seat covers, along with some hand soap and hand sanitizer, and some type of wipe in the travel size ... I will put a few of each of these in a gallon ziploc, and tuck in my day-bag... nothing worse that getting into a stall, and not speaking the language and there is no toilet tissue... panic... and I will say that we have used them on every trip and been grateful to have it...DH has a small ziploc in his backpack.

Plastic - forks, spoons, knife's, not like a box or anything, just a few for coffee or treats brought back to the room, breakfast in room and For liquid med's.

Pump hand soap, poo-pourri, air-freshener like the renuzit or glade the adjustable solid ones from the dollar store.

Wash cloth's maybe 6 or so extras, and/or a couple of hand towels or kitchen towels ( you can cut them in half if needed) - Get whatever color just not white so that you know which ones are yours. These little babies come in handy and can be used for alot of things. Sometimes you need a little bit more that a paper towel. We each have one in our daybag...we use them for drying off rain jackets and umbrellas, when the kids were little drying out sippy cups and bottles. If they are old ones headed for the rag bag, even better than you can just throw them away.

Wet a sponge and coat with dish soap, let dry, then cut them into strips or squares store in a ziploc... you can wash out cups, bottles, sippy cups easily. Great for washing out your yeti or similar type of cups.

Yeti cups or similar brands - We travel with 2 of these, they go in the carry on, we had 2 of them disappear when they were in the checked bags.. we only use them in room.

2 size of Ziploc's bags

Clothes pins, and/or chip clips... you can do alot with both of these items.

Hair wrap towels,( Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx always has these) which work out great so that your not using full size towel for your hair, especially now when housekeeping is not daily.

I just bought a wet bag which is great for travel. If you have wet swim suits, or a hair wrap towel you can throw it in, and this way the rest of clothes don't get wet or damp and sour.

Power cords, and correct plugs for international travel.

Shoe balls - for shoe odor's and they work great in a back pack or gym bag... just sayin

Eye glass kit, tweezers.

DH has this really small tool kit( it small like 8 x 4 and maybe 2 inches deep) that he brings with us, inside it has like 2 handles and then everything else is interchangeable. I got it for him a few years ago as a stocking stuffer and we have used it several times. While its not heavy duty or anything it has gotten the job done that we needed it to do... and get us home...

I have alot of things that are not really normal that I pack when we travel, for us they are normal and what make it easier for us when traveling. Depending on where we are going the items vary. I will say that I have watched this thread for a while and there are so many good tips and ideas.

Okay here we go...

A luggage scale - takes the guess work out of it..

A roll of duct tape you would be surprised at what you can use this for. Broken luggage handles, wheels, zippers that fail, fix a broken stroller. Gorilla glue is another thing that we have taken along with us.

Flashlight- we each have a small mini one that we bring - looking for something under the bed, reading a city map, digging in the backpack or day-bag, using it while walking back to the hotel at night, we used it in Paris alot, and at DLP.

TP this is a must, Paper towels, napkins, toilet seat covers, along with some hand soap and hand sanitizer, and some type of wipe in the travel size ... I will put a few of each of these in a gallon ziploc, and tuck in my day-bag... nothing worse that getting into a stall, and not speaking the language and there is no toilet tissue... panic... and I will say that we have used them on every trip and been grateful to have it...DH has a small ziploc in his backpack.

Plastic - forks, spoons, knife's, not like a box or anything, just a few for coffee or treats brought back to the room, breakfast in room and For liquid med's.

Pump hand soap, poo-pourri, air-freshener like the renuzit or glade the adjustable solid ones from the dollar store.

Wash cloth's maybe 6 or so extras, and/or a couple of hand towels or kitchen towels ( you can cut them in half if needed) - Get whatever color just not white so that you know which ones are yours. These little babies come in handy and can be used for alot of things. Sometimes you need a little bit more that a paper towel. We each have one in our daybag...we use them for drying off rain jackets and umbrellas, when the kids were little drying out sippy cups and bottles. If they are old ones headed for the rag bag, even better than you can just throw them away.

Wet a sponge and coat with dish soap, let dry, then cut them into strips or squares store in a ziploc... you can wash out cups, bottles, sippy cups easily. Great for washing out your yeti or similar type of cups.

Yeti cups or similar brands - We travel with 2 of these, they go in the carry on, we had 2 of them disappear when they were in the checked bags.. we only use them in room.

2 size of Ziploc's bags

Clothes pins, and/or chip clips... you can do alot with both of these items.

Hair wrap towels,( Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx always has these) which work out great so that your not using full size towel for your hair, especially now when housekeeping is not daily.

I just bought a wet bag which is great for travel. If you have wet swim suits, or a hair wrap towel you can throw it in, and this way the rest of clothes don't get wet or damp and sour.

Power cords, and correct plugs for international travel.

Shoe balls - for shoe odor's and they work great in a back pack or gym bag... just sayin

Eye glass kit, tweezers.

DH has this really small tool kit( it small like 8 x 4 and maybe 2 inches deep) that he brings with us, inside it has like 2 handles and then everything else is interchangeable. I got it for him a few years ago as a stocking stuffer and we have used it several times. While its not heavy duty or anything it has gotten the job done that we needed it to do... and get us home...
It seems that there is always something that is forgotten....it happens over and over again.... :)

(Simple stuff, like a toothbrush....)

Does Yeti make a cup that is not heavy? I think that kind of defeats the point it is the insulation that keeps the ice, but thought I would ask.

Today I purchased the Hydroflask 24oz Standard Water Bottle. I have the bigger ones and these will be more manageable all day in the park. I prefer Hydroflask of Yeti personally. Hope this helps!

Swiffer as we stay 9 or 10 nights and don't have mousekeeping.

I take a Sharpie also and wrap masking tape around the end to save taking the entire roll.

Many ziploc bags as has been shared by others.

Clothes pins for hanging up wet clothing or, holding window coverings closed on sleep-in mornings.

Mesh hamper bag

A fan for the room, yeti cups (keeps ice all day in the FL heat), ibuprofen, bandaids and a poncho.
Just a note that many resorts can provide these upon request for those who are unable to bring a fan with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts