What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Things I bring that I think are helpful and you might not bring
(And haven't been mentioned before, unless I missed it)

Bike shorts - They guarantee no thigh chafing. I like to wear those with a long gauzy peasant skirt. The feel is like wearing shorts around the house, but the appearance is nice. The skirt also shades my legs to avoid Disney rash without making me hot. One pair has a pocket on the thigh meant for a cell phone. I feel like one of those movie spies in an evening gown with a gun strapped to my thigh. I use it for cell phone.

Monopoly Deal Card Game. Costs less than $10. All the fun in Monopoly but none of the tears. Also over in 20 minutes. One time we lost ours and had to Amazon Locker one while vacationing. On Amazon there are two versions. Choice the ones where the color of the properties are more obvious.

Powdered Potassium and Magnesium. For Potassium I prefer Potassium Gluconate. The electrolytes in sports drinks is a pittance. I like the powdered form because it is easy on my stomach, absorbs well, and I take what I need by adding it to a little water. I have Restless Legs and that cures it. Magnesium is another essential electrolyte and I don't eat leafy greens or anything good for me on vacation.

Swim Ear for when we've been in the water. Last thing anyone wants is an ear infection while on vacation

Toe socks - the thin ones for runners. Wear them under wool socks and your feet will be happy. On vacation, no matter how carefully I trim my toenails, I always seem to have a sore spot on a toe caused by a neighbor toe. Now it isn't a problem.

This was mentioned before, blacklight. I thought I'd add that Amazon has some of those tiny LED flashlights that are blacklight for cheap.

------------------------------------------------------------

Not really something to bring but something to do if you want to use their blankets. Call down and ask for more blankets. Tell them you spilled water on your bedding. Then bundle what is in your room and hand it to the person bringing more bedding. I can guarantee that everything beyond the sheet is dirty. The sheets are sometimes dirty too. This is something I did when I traveled for work, so I only needed one bed. We drive for vacations and bring pillows and comforter. It makes it feel like we are sleeping at home.

Things I bring that I think are helpful and you might not bring
(And haven't been mentioned before, unless I missed it)

Bike shorts - They guarantee no thigh chafing. I like to wear those with a long gauzy peasant skirt. The feel is like wearing shorts around the house, but the appearance is nice. The skirt also shades my legs to avoid Disney rash without making me hot. One pair has a pocket on the thigh meant for a cell phone. I feel like one of those movie spies in an evening gown with a gun strapped to my thigh. I use it for cell phone.

Monopoly Deal Card Game. Costs less than $10. All the fun in Monopoly but none of the tears. Also over in 20 minutes. One time we lost ours and had to Amazon Locker one while vacationing. On Amazon there are two versions. Choice the ones where the color of the properties are more obvious.

Powdered Potassium and Magnesium. For Potassium I prefer Potassium Gluconate. The electrolytes in sports drinks is a pittance. I like the powdered form because it is easy on my stomach, absorbs well, and I take what I need by adding it to a little water. I have Restless Legs and that cures it. Magnesium is another essential electrolyte and I don't eat leafy greens or anything good for me on vacation.

Swim Ear for when we've been in the water. Last thing anyone wants is an ear infection while on vacation

Toe socks - the thin ones for runners. Wear them under wool socks and your feet will be happy. On vacation, no matter how carefully I trim my toenails, I always seem to have a sore spot on a toe caused by a neighbor toe. Now it isn't a problem.

This was mentioned before, blacklight. I thought I'd add that Amazon has some of those tiny LED flashlights that are blacklight for cheap.

------------------------------------------------------------

Not really something to bring but something to do if you want to use their blankets. Call down and ask for more blankets. Tell them you spilled water on your bedding. Then bundle what is in your room and hand it to the person bringing more bedding. I can guarantee that everything beyond the sheet is dirty. The sheets are sometimes dirty too. This is something I did when I traveled for work, so I only needed one bed. We drive for vacations and bring pillows and comforter. It makes it feel like we are sleeping at home.

Ultima packets are great for potassium and magnesium. They are flavored electrolyte packets (stevia). I use it everyday when I fast. They are so good!!

Since the resorts don't provide real ceramic coffee mugs during the pandemic, I have been bringing my own, because I'm that finicky old lady who likes to drink my morning coffee out of a real mug. :earboy2: I also bring my own raw cane sugar, because..... old lady.

I always bring a UV umbrella which has a dual purpose. It blocks 99% of the UV rays and works like a normal umbrella. I have fair skin and sun-sensitive eyes, so I have to be careful with the sun, and it makes me feel cooler. And, it makes for a lovely day.

On that note, my personal fan also comes along.

Earplugs are my greatest friends. For instance, I LOVED Be Our Guest, but I loved it because I wore earplugs the whole time. It's a noisy restaurant, but the food and environment are great. Earplugs fix that. If I'm on a bus or monorail and there's a screaming child, pop them in, life is grand. I carry them all the time, though not just at Disney World.

I have a whole list of stuff I bring, but most of it is what other people probably bring. These are just weird ones.

Also being a finicky old lady, I was reminded of something else I bring. Real maple syrup. This won't be helpful until self-serve waffles are allowed again. But, after getting used to the real stuff, I can't stand the fake. I don't eat waffles in my daily life. So it is a huge treat to make a waffle and add my real syrup to it.

Also being a finicky old lady, I was reminded of something else I bring. Real maple syrup. This won't be helpful until self-serve waffles are allowed again. But, after getting used to the real stuff, I can't stand the fake. I don't eat waffles in my daily life. So it is a huge treat to make a waffle and add my real syrup to it.

This cracks me up. I live in the south and my hubby and I went on a work trip to Vermont/New Hampshire and they kept telling us to try their syrup. We didn't like the real stuff. Probably because we are so used to the fake stuff we eat in the south. Normally my hubby would be all about the real things but he didn't even care for the syrup. I know we are in the minority but it always brings back that memory when someone mentions real syrup. Although I will say I am picky about which brand of syrup I eat in the fake stuff.

I always bring a few clothes pins. They come in handy to close that annoying opening when you try to close the curtains!
I also bring a small microfiber glass cloth, in case the bath mirror fogs up.
I guess that's all of the non-conventional things I bring.

Since the resorts don't provide real ceramic coffee mugs during the pandemic, I have been bringing my own, because I'm that finicky old lady who likes to drink my morning coffee out of a real mug. :earboy2: I also bring my own raw cane sugar, because..... old lady.

I always bring a UV umbrella which has a dual purpose. It blocks 99% of the UV rays and works like a normal umbrella. I have fair skin and sun-sensitive eyes, so I have to be careful with the sun, and it makes me feel cooler. And, it makes for a lovely day.

On that note, my personal fan also comes along.

Earplugs are my greatest friends. For instance, I LOVED Be Our Guest, but I loved it because I wore earplugs the whole time. It's a noisy restaurant, but the food and environment are great. Earplugs fix that. If I'm on a bus or monorail and there's a screaming child, pop them in, life is grand. I carry them all the time, though not just at Disney World.

I have a whole list of stuff I bring, but most of it is what other people probably bring. These are just weird ones.
Earplug brand? Just curious as I've yet to find a comfortable pair.

Oh I have the very best earplugs. I found them when my db and I started going to DLR together and he snores AND can't go to sleep without the TV on. They are made by Ohropax and are reusable wax (wrapped in cotton) ear plugs (I get them on Amazon).

Another reason I started wearing mine was because the little dog that I had for 13 years liked to sleep under the bed and snored loud enough to wake the dead.

So many amazing ideas —-I must have missed the black light, why do we bring that? Please let me know!

So many amazing ideas —-I must have missed the black light, why do we bring that? Please let me know!

Do a bedbug check when you first arrive. Either leave your luggage on the cart or put it in the bathtub while doing a check.
Any place can have them. Luggage can pick it up on the airplane. I've done bedbug checks without a light, but this seems like it would be easier and more likely to spot even a new problem. If you are looking with your eyes you look for tiny brown spot tracks made by their bloody feet. There are instructions online on how to do a search. I've never had a bedbug problem, but I've known people that have and the idea just skeeves me out.

We like to bring the collapsible hanging shelves for the closet. They work out great, especially if we’re staying in a studio that doesn’t have as much drawer space. They’re lightweight and pack nicely so they don’t take up too much room in our luggage.

During the last year and probably for the next few trips, we’ve been bringing a thermometer to check our temps before we leave the room heading to the parks. We don’t want any surprises at the MK gates lol

Trash bags! We bring a handful of trash bags with us. Some to bring home our dirty laundry in, and more recently some to use for extra trash in the room since they aren’t doing full housekeeping lately. The trash bins in the rooms are so little - 2 things in the trash and they’re full. So the extra trash bags are nice to have in case!

As others have said, things like pop-up hampers, actual antibacterial hand soap and night lights for the bathroom have become essential for our trips!

Oh I have the very best earplugs. I found them when my db and I started going to DLR together and he snores AND can't go to sleep without the TV on. They are made by Ohropax and are reusable wax (wrapped in cotton) ear plugs (I get them on Amazon).
I usually use the Stanley brand that are pink and yellow. They are little softer than some of the other foam ones. They can usually be found in hardware stores or home improvement stores.

I've not tried the Ohropax before, but they look very intriguing!! I think I might have to give them a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter