What is your every day hack that makes your life easier or better?

AI! Perplexity gives me ideas (I don't RELY on it as such, just use it as a study aid) and QuillBot can help me out when I'm stumped for a particular expression or sentence. You COULD use it to write frilly sentences with, but it's not perfect enough to supplant the human mind yet!

I live by lists also.
But when it comes to cleaning, I just do it in the same order always and it doesn't take long.
Sunday is clean upstairs. It takes me 45 minutes to do my chores, plus laundry time.
About an hour downstairs on Mondays.

I always put my keys and wallet in the same spot so I know exactly where they are.

My wife does not believe that my keys and wallet belong in the spot that I put them so she moves them.

When I get up to go to work at 1am I get to play find my keys and wallet.

It keeps my mind fresh and is better at waking me up than any cup of coffee ever will be.

I highly recommend getting your self a wife so that your stuff will always be put where it belongs.

I take a cool beer, wrap a wet paper towel around it and put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to get it ice cold.
Works for other canned or bottled drinks, as well.
I learned the hard way that it is wise to set a timer when putting a bottle in the freezer. Having a glass bottle blow up in the freezer is not a pretty sight.

I learned the hard way that it is wise to set a timer when putting a bottle in the freezer. Having a glass bottle blow up in the freezer is not a pretty sight.
That sounds awful!

I learned then hard way that plastic bottles can be a problem if they freeze too. Our garage refrigerator is not in the best shape and it tends to get a bit too cold. I let a 2 liter bottle of root beer get a little frozen. I made the mistake of opening it. I ended up soaked in root beer, I got root beer all over the kitchen, even had to mop root beer off the ceiling.

It’s not much better if you forget a can . . . Except they are stealth when they pop open, so you totally forget about it until you open your Pepsi coated freezer to find the sticky mess.

I put extra trash bags down in the bottom of the trash can so when I lift out the full bag, the empty ones are just right there.

SAME!

I also have my google calendar set up for a task for EVERYTHING! "8 oz of water", "25 squats", "kid to work", "8 more oz", "take morning pills", etc. I bet I have at least 35 tasks on each daily calendar. It keeps me on track with everything I intend to do in a day, plus it gives a sense of accomplishment to actually hit "completed" on them.

Cut green peppers from the bottom

Throw laundry cap in with the load of laundry to use all the soap/clean it at the same time

Breathe before you react

I also have my google calendar set up for a task for EVERYTHING! "8 oz of water", "25 squats", "kid to work", "8 more oz", "take morning pills", etc. I bet I have at least 35 tasks on each daily calendar. It keeps me on track with everything I intend to do in a day, plus it gives a sense of accomplishment to actually hit "completed" on them.

my method is a bit more old school and is for stuff months to a year out. i have a a small (2" x 11") full year calendar on the bulletin board above my desk. when a subscription renews or i do paperwork that has to be resubmitted every 6 months or a year, or i have some task that has to be done on an irregular basis i note it on a little post it (page tab size). put it on the appropriate month so with a glance i know what's coming up. transfer all the tabs to the next year's calendar near year's end.

We hired a professional organizer, so it is so much easier to maintain our home. Everything in the main pantry is labeled, both of our walk-in closets are organized by color. Shoes are aligned by type. It has made things so much easier. It is $$ upfront, but saves so much time and stress in our lives.
See, I'd love to do this. My ADHD brain LOVES to organize. However, my ADHD brain also refuses to keep up with it for more than a week or so. The number of times I have had my closet beautifully organized only to walk into that same closet 2 weeks later and not be able to see the floor... It all sounds so easy.. Just hang the clothes up, just fold the thing. Until you are trying to get thru a mound of laundry to find football pants/socks/whatever, on the way to practice, so you just dump the basket and there it stays perpetually....
I take a cool beer, wrap a wet paper towel around it and put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to get it ice cold.
Works for other canned or bottled drinks, as well.
This is the kind of tip I can get behind!!! Also, a 40 oz stanley (real or fake) will hold an entire bottle of wine and keep it cold during long kid sports tournaments.. Or so a friend told me...
It’s not much better if you forget a can . . . Except they are stealth when they pop open, so you totally forget about it until you open your Pepsi coated freezer to find the sticky mess.
Can confirm... I still find bits of frozen soda in mine from my husbands forgotten can 2 years ago lol

Wow! I didn't know Google Calendar can be used in this way. I use it as a monthly calendar just for appointments that I need reminders for. But, not for daily tasks, and especially recurring tasks. I will have to look into this. Thanks!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest