What is with the photo obsession?

There is a Disney song that says

"Making memories, making memories
Taking pictures is making memories
Catching little pieces of times
Making them yours, making them mine."

I love taking pictures. I don't do it on the rides cause I don't want to miss anything from it just for trying to take a picture, but with everything else, I do.

For some of us that don't get to go to Disney frequently, maybe just a Mickey Shaped Waffle is exciting and you want to share it with other people or just never forget these kind of little details and moments you might otherwise forget.

"All around us
Everywhere we look.
Every moment that we live
Can fill a picture book.

Light and shadows
Smiles and sentimental tears.
They're a precious treasure
We can cherish through the years."

Also, we don't get to see lizards or squirrels on the streets where I live, so for me that's exciting too! I don't think you should judge someone just because they are taking a picture you wouldn't take. Maybe you are used to that stuff, but the other person is not. :)

I take lots of photos while at WDW. However, if you get in one, I'm not gonna go nuts. LOL I use alot of my photos in vacation scrapbooks.

This evening my husband and I were sitting in a lovely sidewalk cafe in Paris across from the Notre Dame cathedral having dinner, drinking wine, and one of our favorite things, watching people. This particular cafe location meant we were mostly watching tourists, as very few Parisians would be in this area on a Sunday night. One of the many tour groups, this one from China, was standing on the corner, taking pictures of the cathedral and waiting for the traffic light to change when one of the tour folks pointed his large lens at us and took a few pictures, then the light changed and he was off following his tour guide's flag. My husband and I just chuckled. He will probably go home and show off his picture of a "typical french couple having dinner at a french cafe."

You never know what people find interesting in pictures. I've seen folks taking pictures of paintings. Famous paintings. Which have been much better photographed and posted on the internet. And with all the camera phones today, you can't even be sure what they are aiming at. So, unless it is obvious that their intended shot is aimed at where I plan to walk, and they aren't futzing around, I'll let them take a picture. There are more than a few famous photo ops between my apartment for the month and my grocery store, so I've become extremely patient with photographers.

I know I take what other's might consider bizarre pictures. And I send them to my kids daily, so they know I'm okay until I get back. So I imagine especially those visiting from far away are doing the same kind of thing.

I publish photo albums every year for our family.... I take lots of pics to use as backgrounds. My kids love looking through them and seeing themselves grow up, and looking at all we have done.

I learned on a previous trip several years ago that if you spend all your time looking through a viewfinder then you are watching life second hand. Make memories, yes, but not at the detriment to yourself and more so to those who have to put up with your selfish obsession to snap away despite being asked not to before you get on a dark ride.

Saying that, I love to take photos of the theming such as Donald in the Philharmagic gift shop and the windows above the shops on Main Street, but, not on rides and I wait until I'm not going to annoy or get in the way of other guests.

I take lots of photos while at WDW. However, if you get in one, I'm not gonna go nuts. LOL I use alot of my photos in vacation scrapbooks.

I just filled one of those large wooden screens that hold photos up with my favourite photos as well as scrapbooking. The screen looks amazing and makes me smile.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter