• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the strangest thing you have seen in someone else's bedroom?

I've always looked in the closets, cupboards, drawers, medicine cabinets, etc. when house hunting to see how much space there is. If the appliances are included in the sale I've also looked in those too see how much space and whether they're in need of repair. When our house was for sale I assumed everyone was going to look in those spaces too. We had removed all valuables and medications from the house before placing it on the market.
.....hmmmm, never thought of that....good idea!

I've always looked in the closets, cupboards, drawers, medicine cabinets, etc. when house hunting to see how much space there is. If the appliances are included in the sale I've also looked in those too see how much space and whether they're in need of repair. When our house was for sale I assumed everyone was going to look in those spaces too. We had removed all valuables and medications from the house before placing it on the market.

'That', I understand! But, the pp that I quoted was looking into personal space that 'obviously' was 'not' part of the intended sale of the house - therefore, as I said, it was 'snooping'!!

We've been there too many times to not know what the 'ins and outs' of selling and buying homes are. Our 'personal' lives that had nothing to do with the home sell was 'off limits' to potential buyers! 'This' was a mini fridge in a bedroom - not kitchen refrigerator! The realtor, if doing their job should have nipped that type behavior in the bud!!

You opened up someone's personal closed space in a bedroom while house hunting? :eek: Totally not good! That was obviously 'not' part of the house that was for sale?

When our homes have been for sale, that's one thing I stress with realtors when handing over our keys - they 'must' be with potential lookers/homeowners at 'all' times! Have nothing to hide, but wanted to prevent what you just admitted to doing - snooping! Not cool!! :rolleyes:

I have seen many homes with morning kitchens in the master bed room. They consist of a sink, mini fridge, coffee device, and maybe a toaster or microwave. I would see that as fair game to inspect as a potential buyer.

I have seen many homes with morning kitchens in the master bed room. They consist of a sink, mini fridge, coffee device, and maybe a toaster or microwave. I would see that as fair game to inspect as a potential buyer.

Well, can honestly say I have never seen that!
But, then again, that would 'obviously' be something that 'stays' with the house, right???
And, open to inspection! A single 'stand alone' mini fridge in a bedroom - still no!!

You opened up someone's personal closed space in a bedroom while house hunting? :eek: Totally not good! That was obviously 'not' part of the house that was for sale?

When our homes have been for sale, that's one thing I stress with realtors when handing over our keys - they 'must' be with potential lookers/homeowners at 'all' times! Have nothing to hide, but wanted to prevent what you just admitted to doing - snooping! Not cool!! :rolleyes:

The mini frig very well could have been a part of the sale of the house. I don't see that as snooping at all. It's an appliance. Now, if she was going through their dresser drawers, yes, I would say snooping, but not an appliance.

The mini frig very well could have been a part of the sale of the house. I don't see that as snooping at all. It's an appliance. Now, if she was going through their dresser drawers, yes, I would say snooping, but not an appliance.

Now, that's what I call a 'far' reach to try to make a point!! LOL

I forgot that during our active house hunting for months last spring that we did tour one home that had a high shelf all around the master bedroom complete with a train and train tracks. Wonder when they ran it???

I totally agree and was going to make exactly the same comment about dresser drawers or the inside of a credenza or free-standing china cabinet or whatnot. Totally different than appliances or closets and cupboards. ::yes::

When we bought our home it was being sold fully furnished. The only thing that was excluded from the sale was the boat and trailer. As far as I was concerned that meant everything was open to be looked at. When we came back to the house from the closing we found out they weren't kidding. They left food in the refrigerator, dirty dishes in the dishwasher, prescription medication in the medicine cabinet, underwear in the dresser drawers, the soap, shampoo and conditioner in the showers, toothpaste, toothbrushes....and the list goes on.

When we bought our home it was being sold fully furnished. The only thing that was excluded from the sale was the boat and trailer. As far as I was concerned that meant everything was open to be looked at. When we came back to the house from the closing we found out they weren't kidding. They left food in the refrigerator, dirty dishes in the dishwasher, prescription medication in the medicine cabinet, underwear in the dresser drawers, the soap, shampoo and conditioner in the showers, toothpaste, toothbrushes....and the list goes on.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG, that is hysterical!!

When I was growing up my parents had a toliet in their bedroom - no door, just a toilet in the regular room. If someone was using it you could be in bed and lay right there and watch it. It was very weird.

I'm pretty sure if you bought the house it would not include the coffee device, toaster, and mini fridge.

I'm pretty sure if you bought the house it would not include the coffee device, toaster, and mini fridge.

All of these were included in the house we bought. When we sold our home it did include the microwave, as well as the bar fridge. It all depends on what the seller wants to include in a sale. We also included a freezer, portable generator, lawnmower, washer and dryer in the sale of our home.

Too bad they didn't leave the boat :(

Shelf after shelf of action figures and bags of doll heads and arms and legs and torsos.

When we moved in together I said they had to stay in the basement. It's really weird sleeping when so many eyes are looking at you LOL

Sounds like my room, minus the bags of heads and stuff. I have an army of G.I. Joe & Cobra soldiers guarding me while I sleep.

One home I went into there was stuff every where, I was curious to see the oven and it was filled with dirty pots and pans.

All of these were included in the house we bought. When we sold our home it did include the microwave, as well as the bar fridge. It all depends on what the seller wants to include in a sale. We also included a freezer, portable generator, lawnmower, washer and dryer in the sale of our home.
I think we can all agree the home you bought wasn't a common listing. Most homes don't come with food & clothes. :rotfl:

Every home we've ever looked at included a stove, microwave, refrigerator in the kitchen, washer & dryer. Those are fairly basic. If those weren't included, I'd expect the seller or realtor to mention that. OTOH, I wouldn't assume anything else was included, unless they specifically said it was.

What good would it have done? Do you think they're going to arrest anyone based on me reporting I saw a picture?

um, yes, possibly. if they had that picture out in the open who knows what the police would have found after a little searching? i am floored you didnt report this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter