What is the difference between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek?

nezy

DIS Veteran
Just looking at the new promo for Wilderness Lodge and they are promoting it as Copper Creek. When you go to the DVC sight to book it and it is referred to as Boulder Ridge.

Is there a difference?

Copper Creek is the new resort that has not opened yet nor is it available for booking yet. CCV will be made up of rooms within the original hotel plus Cabins along Bay Lake.

Boulder Ridge is the original DVC at Wilderness lodge - previously named Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL). It is it's own building away from the hotel but connected via a covered walkway.

Copper Creek will also have grand villas and cabins (that Boulder Ridge doesn't have).

Can someone explain why they did all of this naming and renaming? It just sounds confusing and nonsensical to me.

Boulder Ridge, which are the existing Villas, expires in 2042. It would be difficult to sell the new rooms with a 2042 expiration. Plus it would difficult to sell the new rooms at $176 when you know you will be competing with people for reservations who bought in for a fraction of that price. So they are separate, 2067 expiration I assume (not positive) and only competing with people for home resort who bought the new rooms. Plus the new rooms have higher dues, I assume because of higher upkeep for the cabins.-

Update - Copper Creek expires 1/31/2068

Last edited:
Can someone explain why they did all of this naming and renaming? It just sounds confusing and nonsensical to me.
There was enough confusion with the old names. There was Wilderness Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and the Fort Wilderness campground. I think getting ways from "Wilderness" in the name was a solid idea to reduce confusion at check-in.

I think they didn't want something anymore that sounded like it was the only DVC at Wilderness Lodge - ie, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge. So they changed the name.

So if you have points already at what was Villas of Wilderness Lodge and is now Boulder Ridge you do not have points at Copper Creek...is that correct? The newly renovated rooms of the existing "hotel" wilderness plus the new cabins (similar to bungalows at Poly) are considered a new DVC property named Copper Creek?

So if you have points already at what was Villas of Wilderness Lodge and is now Boulder Ridge you do not have points at Copper Creek...is that correct? The newly renovated rooms of the existing "hotel" wilderness plus the new cabins (similar to bungalows at Poly) are considered a new DVC property named Copper Creek?

That is correct.

So this ownership will have different rules than ours at AKLJ and AKLK. We are able to book either at home resort date.

So this ownership will have different rules than ours at AKLJ and AKLK. We are able to book either at home resort date.

Correct. This is two completely separate DVC resorts that happen to exist next to each other and share some amenities. But otherwise, for booking and ownership purposes, they are two separate resorts.

AKV-Jambo and AKV-Kidani were built at the same time so it was easy to make them one resort with different booking categories based on location.

Two parts of timeshare built on the same resort property, using the same amenities, but carry different prices. Why would anyone pay $175 when VWL resale can be bought for $75? Home resort advantage? Come on! It's the same resort, using the same reception desk for check in, taking the same bus stop... people are not stupid.

There was enough confusion with the old names. There was Wilderness Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and the Fort Wilderness campground. I think getting ways from "Wilderness" in the name was a solid idea to reduce confusion at check-in.

Disney has never seemed to care about avoiding confusion before with their names.

Correct. This is two completely separate DVC resorts that happen to exist next to each other and share some amenities. But otherwise, for booking and ownership purposes, they are two separate resorts.

Ay ay ay.

I hear all of you, and I get that you're going with disney's explanation, but what disney did makes no sense imo. I think they are going to wind up with even more confusion.

Feels to me like my city's very expensive ramp to nowhere that was a huge mistake that they've tried to make ok.

But they are not really getting away from "Wilderness" in the name as the full names of the DVC resorts are:
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Two parts of timeshare built on the same resort property, using the same amenities, but carry different prices. Why would anyone pay $175 when VWL resale can be bought for $75? Home resort advantage? Come on! It's the same resort, using the same reception desk for check in, taking the same bus stop... people are not stupid.

BRV ends 2042.
CCV ends 2067.

Points bought today for CCV are good for twice as long. OK, so that doesn't add up to the full difference. CCV points can also be used in Disney collection as well as retaining full perks. So yeah, there are indeed reasons to buy CCV direct as opposed to looking at a BRV resale.

BRV ends 2042.
CCV ends 2067.

Points bought today for CCV are good for twice as long. OK, so that doesn't add up to the full difference. CCV points can also be used in Disney collection as well as retaining full perks. So yeah, there are indeed reasons to buy CCV direct as opposed to looking at a BRV resale.

I agree an additional 26 years of ownership could influence people along with the line that the guides probably tell them that "by buying direct they will have full ownership benefits and perks". And I am not sure stupidity applies. They might be grand villa types or are attracted to the cabins.

I agree an additional 26 years of ownership could influence people along with the line that the guides probably tell them that "by buying direct they will have full ownership benefits and perks". And I am not sure stupidity applies. They might be grand villa types or are attracted to the cabins.
Yep, there are some who see themselves sitting in the cabins or using the Grand Villas. Or even getting one of those special studios. You can't get those with BRV points until seven months out.

We'll probably add a smaller (60 point) contract at CCV. We aren't likely to ever use cabins or grand villas, but the length of term is attractive. Besides, contracts that size usually stay pretty expensive and go fairly fast on the resale market.

The CCV Ground Lease expires 1/31/2068.

That's the difference between actually checking the documents and just adding 50 years to the opening date. :teeth:

But at Beach Club, there's Beach Club and Beach Club Villas. So why not Wilderness Lodge and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? And as far as the converted hotel rooms, aren't AKV owners eligible to book at Jambo, converted hotel rooms, or at Kidani(which is more like the Villas at Wilderness Lodge). However, different ending dates would make it make more sense (sort of). Otherwise, it's just so confusing to me. Maybe I'm just easily confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter