what is the best hotel to stay in if going from st pancras?

tetley02

Mouseketeer
Can anyone please advise me or recommend what is the best hotel to stay in if I wanted to travel to disney by eurostar, I would need accommodation the night before we leave and the night we come back.

I would prefer one as close to the station as possible, would consider ones that have close taxi links as it will be just me and my dd, obviously would prefer a reasonably priced one, close to some food place like mcdonalds etc.

Also can anyone tell me how easy it is to find the eurostar train to disney at st pancras, is it well sign posted/obvious? What about for coming back is it easy to find at disney?

Also another q, how do you get the disney express thing, can you only get it if you book your eurostar via disney or is there a way to add it on if you book the eurostar separate?

Hiya,

Try not to get a taxi from the station, as unless they've changed it, theres a one way system all around the station and it cost £10 just to go round the block!!!

We wanted to stay really close as will have 18month old and luggage so we're staying Travel lodge kings cross because you pretty much know what your going to get, be careful though because there is a Travel lodge called kings scott and it's got terrible reviews. The one we're at is greys st, litterally 2min walk to station.

If you're looking on hotel websites just be careful as i didn't realise but many hotels in london have shared bathrooms... now don't get me wrong i'm not a snob but I couldn't walk down a hall at 3am for a wee!

Fraid I can't help with disney express as havent booked it.

:goodvibes

I've stayed at the London Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge with no problems. It's a short walk from this hotel to St Pancras International.

There is also a Premier Inn at Kings Cross and this has some good reviews.

There are lots of fast food places next to Kings Cross station, two McDonald's, KFC, Burger King ect. You will find a list of them here.

The Eurostar is very well sign posted at St Pancras, you can't miss it. The station at Marne-la-Vallée Chessy is near to the entrace of both parks and next to the bus station and is also well sign posted.

You can add Disney Express to your booking if you have booked your holiday directly with Disney, just give them a ring and add it. If you have booked via a travel agent call them to get it added.

For cheap and nasty, go for Travelodge - clean and you know what you are going to get (but beware, although Kings Cross is a much better area now, it is still where people go to party with the ladies of the night or to score drugs).

For those looking for something a little more upscale (and great Indian food), I heartily recommend the Holiday Inn (4*). It is a 10 min walk or a £5 cab ride.

they are still working on the area, but when the build out of the stations are done, there will be a few nice hotels in the area and I expect it will be cleaned up ever further.

as for finding the train, it is very easy to find and there are plenty of staff around if you do get lost. Have a great trip.

Premier Inn Kings Cross - we stayed there before our trip a few weeks ago.

Right next to Kings Cross station but no noise from the trains, and just 5 minute walk to St Pancras, well signposted.

Ask for a room on a higher floor though to get the quietest rooms, and if you need a family room, request one which has sofa beds rather than pull out mattresses (they have both types). Room rates vary depending on time of year and day of week, but a midweek room cost us £114 per night for a family room. Breakfast is extra, but is worth it (around £8 each, kids are free though) and keeps you going until you get to Disney.

There is a McDonalds 100 yds from the hotel, and right next door is an all you can eat buffet called Kitchin, which does Chinese, Thai, Indian and Italian buffet food all together - worth a visit.

Staff are very helpful, polite and cheery (unlike a lot of Loondon hotels).

Kings Cross area used to be a bit dodgy, but it is now quite respectable - we stayed there 5 nights in total this year, and never saw anything unsavoury or felt threatened or unsafe (unlike around the Premier Inn County Hall at night near Waterloo, for example).

Have to back up Michelin Man about Premier Inn. The hotel was clean, spacious and the staff were lovely. It is literally around the corner from Kings Cross entrance and as Kings Cross and St Pancras are joined together, we only had to walk to the corner, grab a trolley for our luggage and walk through Kings Cross into St Pancras. On the way back, we even wheeled our trolley to the hotel door as the rack was only about 50m back up the road!!:lmao:

Breakfast at the hotel was 7.95 for a huge buffet and the two kids under 15 ate for free! I would certainly say go for it if you can get a good rate. We got a huge room for just £90 which is not bad for mid July weekend.

St Pancras is a great station, the minute you go through from Kings Cross side you can see the Eurostar check in to your right on the lower floor. There is an M&S there to get snacks and its all very hassle free.

Im looking at staying at the Travel Lodge 2 mins away £29 cant go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter