Insect on flower, feeding*

ISO 1600, f/16, 1/100 sec
Focal length 100 mm (macro lens)

Yellow

ISO 100, f/9, 1/125 sec
Focal length 100 mm (macro lens)

Headlight Trails*

ISO 100, f/22, 20 sec

That building? It's the Flinders Street Station, one of the main train stations in Melbourne. Anyone spot the Clock in Station?

ISO 100, f/22, 13 sec

In the days before mobile phones, the common catch-cry was "Meet you under the Clocks". I've spent a fortune of time waiting for my friends here!

ISO 1600, f/2.8, 1/60 sec

The modern version of the clock just doesn't quite cut it! Besides, that would mean that I'd be waiting in Queue if I were to meet anyone under the new clock in the station.

ISO 1600, f/2.8, 1/80 sec

princess::upsidedow

ARTIST at WORK

n2d7p3.jpg

ISO 3200, f/5, 1/5 sec, 41mm [18-55mm zoom]

Lightning outside of Haunted Mansion Shop during last night's 24 hour event!

17823353769_93b06383f9_z.jpg

ISO 400, f/5.6, 6 sec, 10mm

17373885583_027f18eccc_z.jpg

ISO 400, f/4.5, 6 sec, 10mm

Love these shots. I have been known to wrap my camera in a plastic bag and stay out in storms for a shot of lightning. Finally managed a few pictures a couple years ago. Nowhere near as good as these though.

Constellation*

The constellation Orion is enclosed in the box. You can make out the 3 stars which form Orion's belt in the middle of the box. The 2 brightest stars in the group are Betelgeuse - near the upper center edge of the box - and Rigel - near the lower center edge of the box.

DSC_3522%20ORION-XL.jpg

ISO 100
Focal Length 15mm
Aperture f/14
Exposure Time 69s (69/1)

This was cropped from my last flickr upload.

All Terrain Armored Transport
by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Constellation*

The constellation Orion is enclosed in the box. You can make out the 3 stars which form Orion's belt in the middle of the box. The 2 brightest stars in the group are Betelgeuse - near the upper center edge of the box - and Rigel - near the lower center edge of the box.

DSC_3522%20ORION-XL.jpg

This was cropped from my last flickr upload.

All Terrain Armored Transport
by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

ha ha! Orion! :)

Constellation*

DSC_3522%20ORION-XL.jpg

ISO 100
Focal Length 15mm
Aperture f/14
Exposure Time 69s (69/1)

All Terrain Armored Transport by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

WOW! Great shot.

Can I ask about your exposure of 69 seconds?

I can't remember....but is that area that dark or did you have an ND filter on or something?

WOW! Great shot.

Can I ask about your exposure of 69 seconds?

I can't remember....but is that area that dark or did you have an ND filter on or something?

Thanks @PrincessInOz!

That area is really dark and one of the more difficult places to shoot in terms of lighting. I didn't have a filter on the 14 - 24.

When shooting difficult lighting scenarios I always check my histogram. I try to find a balance between keeping shadow detail and avoiding blown out highlights. I'm slowly getting used to the camera sensor's capabilities, the metering system, and the histogram to determine which exposures I can work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter