Focal length 100 mm (macro lens)

Yellow

ISO 100, f/9, 1/125 sec
Focal length 100 mm (macro lens)

• PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
    Headlight Trails*

ISO 100, f/22, 20 sec

That building? It's the Flinders Street Station, one of the main train stations in Melbourne. Anyone spot the Clock in Station?

ISO 100, f/22, 13 sec

In the days before mobile phones, the common catch-cry was "Meet you under the Clocks". I've spent a fortune of time waiting for my friends here!

ISO 1600, f/2.8, 1/60 sec

The modern version of the clock just doesn't quite cut it! Besides, that would mean that I'd be waiting in Queue if I were to meet anyone under the new clock in the station.

ISO 1600, f/2.8, 1/80 sec

princess::upsidedow

tazdev3225

<font color=darkorchid>I sucked my thumb up with t
    Lightning outside of Haunted Mansion Shop during last night's 24 hour event!

ISO 400, f/5.6, 6 sec, 10mm

ISO 400, f/4.5, 6 sec, 10mm
    Love these shots. I have been known to wrap my camera in a plastic bag and stay out in storms for a shot of lightning. Finally managed a few pictures a couple years ago. Nowhere near as good as these though.

• PythonFan888

DIS Veteran
    Constellation*

The constellation Orion is enclosed in the box. You can make out the 3 stars which form Orion's belt in the middle of the box. The 2 brightest stars in the group are Betelgeuse - near the upper center edge of the box - and Rigel - near the lower center edge of the box.

ISO 100
    Focal Length 15mm
    Aperture f/14
    Exposure Time 69s (69/1)

This was cropped from my last flickr upload.

All Terrain Armored Transport
    by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

Last edited:

SuperDave531

Earning My Ears
    Constellation*

The constellation Orion is enclosed in the box. You can make out the 3 stars which form Orion's belt in the middle of the box. The 2 brightest stars in the group are Betelgeuse - near the upper center edge of the box - and Rigel - near the lower center edge of the box.

This was cropped from my last flickr upload.

All Terrain Armored Transport
    by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

ha ha! Orion! :)

PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
    Constellation*

ISO 100
    Focal Length 15mm
    Aperture f/14
    Exposure Time 69s (69/1)

All Terrain Armored Transport by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

WOW! Great shot.

Can I ask about your exposure of 69 seconds?

I can't remember....but is that area that dark or did you have an ND filter on or something?

PythonFan888

DIS Veteran
    WOW! Great shot.

Can I ask about your exposure of 69 seconds?

I can't remember....but is that area that dark or did you have an ND filter on or something?
    Thanks @PrincessInOz!

That area is really dark and one of the more difficult places to shoot in terms of lighting. I didn't have a filter on the 14 - 24.

When shooting difficult lighting scenarios I always check my histogram. I try to find a balance between keeping shadow detail and avoiding blown out highlights. I'm slowly getting used to the camera sensor's capabilities, the metering system, and the histogram to determine which exposures I can work with.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.