What if Florida takes over WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go into a business, do you tend to return if you were treated with positive service? When employees treat you like trash do you keep going back? Not me....
That is only one factor that determines whether or not we return. And I don't think every employee at WDW has the same expectations or long term goals.

Nice. But why do you want to avoid spending money in Florida?
Why put words in their mouth …did you read something that said they didn’t want to spend money in Florida? Maybe I missed it in another post. It sounds like they spend money at WDW. I live close to the water, so beach vacations aren’t anything special …mountains would be more interesting. There are infinite choices and Florida is just one …some go for beaches, some Disney, others to just retire. Not sure why there’s a problem.

If you recall, there were employees that were upset when they took no stance, and also employees were upset when they did take a stance. It’s not like Disney CMs are some monolithic group of same thinkers.
Not that you’re implying it, but I never claimed they all thought the same -that would be kind of ridiculous wouldn’t it? But obviously a Group of executives sat down and decided what stance, if any, they wanted to take. So, there is some reason why it was made and more than likely they saw the way enough employees were leaning to do what they did -irregardless of the group with opposing beliefs. The owner of my company makes plenty of decisions I may disagree with, but that’s his personal choice and I’m free to leave if I’m not happy …in fact, I still think he’s a great guy! Too many people get caught up in political nonsense that they know nothing about and it’s laughable -getting their “knowledge” from talking heads on opinion cable news channels. 😂

Last edited:
Why put words in their mouth …did you read something that said they didn’t want to spend money in Florida? Maybe I missed it in another post. It sounds like they spend money at WDW. I live close to the water, so beach vacations aren’t anything special …mountains would be more interesting. There are infinite choices and Florida is just one …some go for beaches, some Disney, others to just retire. Not sure why there’s a problem.
Go back and read her, if that ok to say, post. She avoids spending money outside of Disney. Except for gasoline and beer. I think it was.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN

LOL posts #42, 50, and 57 if it helps.

Yes I said I dont spend money outside of WDW, except for gas and beer. I did not explain why or say it was all about politics, but folks will assume what they will. I think the real explanation is in #57, but the reason I come to Florida is WDW, and since I stay on property (DVC), I tend to spend my money in the WDW bubble. While I often bring some of my own food as we drive, but I do like to use the kitchens in my rooms, so sometimes I will grace a Publix with my presence.

If the county took over, I think the biggest change for Disney would be that emergency personnel would no longer wait until they were off Disney property to declare someone dead. When I worked there, Disney used to claim that no one had ever died on Disney property. They could make that claim because their emergency service workers would deny pronouncing anyone dead until crossing the Disney threshold. I don't think Disney can make that claim anymore with social media. Too many people capture emergencies in real time.

Ironically, New School began in 1960 as a private school because civil rights activists were being purged by the state of Florida from the public universities. And now that the New School is public, history it seems, is not without a sense of irony. Now it's being purged of anyone that believes in civil rights.

It's her money. She gets to spend it however she wants as long as it's legal.
I never said otherwise

This is what I really do not understand. So Reedy Creek was set up to protect the Florida citizens from paying for WDW infrastructure, things like roads and utilities. So why is that a problem? I really do not get it.

I honestly don't think it will have any effect on WDW.

As far as spending money in Florida I think I've spent more in Florida over the last decade than I have in my own state. We would like to move to Florida someday. I'm not sure it will ever happen though.

LOL posts #42, 50, and 57 if it helps.

Yes I said I dont spend money outside of WDW, except for gas and beer. I did not explain why or say it was all about politics, but folks will assume what they will. I think the real explanation is in #57, but the reason I come to Florida is WDW, and since I stay on property (DVC), I tend to spend my money in the WDW bubble. While I often bring some of my own food as we drive, but I do like to use the kitchens in my rooms, so sometimes I will grace a Publix with my presence.
There are a lot of people that Fly in just for WDW and never set foot outside the bubble. I don't think that's unusual. We do a lot of cruises out of Florida. I guess that's spending money in Florida since the cruise lines corporate offices are there. I never really gave it a lot of thought.

There are a lot of people that Fly in just for WDW and never set foot outside the bubble. I don't think that's unusual. We do a lot of cruises out of Florida. I guess that's spending money in Florida since the cruise lines corporate offices are there. I never really gave it a lot of thought.
Right ...and staying on WDW property, eating at restaurants, buying souvenirs is spending money in Florida since everything is subject to taxes. People are making an issue that some visitors come to Florida but don't spend money "outside" like at a local business because of the State's political leaning. Which may be true for an extremely small number of people, but the reality is why leave "the bubble." No one is saying I'd go to that great restaurant off-property but won't because of politics 😂

Right ...and staying on WDW property, eating at restaurants, buying souvenirs is spending money in Florida since everything is subject to taxes. People are making an issue that some visitors come to Florida but don't spend money "outside" like at a local business because of the State's political leaning. Which may be true for an extremely small number of people, but the reality is why leave "the bubble." No one is saying I'd go to that great restaurant off-property but won't because of politics 😂
In reality most states are around 50/50 or 60/40 when it comes to political leanings. I can’t imagine boycotting a state because 50-60% of the people vote differently that you. That’s would be kind of strange.

In reality most states are around 50/50 or 60/40 when it comes to political leanings. I can’t imagine boycotting a state because 50-60% of the people vote differently that you. That’s would be kind of strange.

This is what I wanted to say. Every state has good and bad and also has all kinds of people. Even the states with a reputation for a certain style of politics have elections, and they can be closer than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter