What have you lost at Disney?

On our last trip my ten year old left her tink fanny pack with spending money and a camera in on the bus when we were heading back to Poly after a Grand Gathering Safari and Dinner at AK. It was late and the bus was nearly empty. We check lost & found every day but it was never turned in.

My son left his very full lanyard of pins somewhere...we did not know if it was at the Pop dining area or on the bus to Epcot. We were sure it was gone. It was loaded with many LE and hard to find pins. We filed missing reports. The next day we got the call...it had been found!!!!!! It was returned with all pins there. We were thrilled.

Same trip...a few days later. My DD was roasting in her Sleeping Beauty dress so we took it off and stuffed it under the stroller. At some point during the day we noticed it was gone. I have to say I think someone took it while the stroller was parked. I think if it had fallen out we would have tripped on it while pushing the stroller. We reported it missing. Was never found.

One good, one bad. But all in all I am glad it was only the $20 dress that went permanently missing.

A few years ago, my DH left his wallet in the safe at POP. We had checked out (going to OKW, so not actually leaving Disney). We were on our way to Magic Kingdom when we realized it. Got a bus back to POP, tried our room key and it didn't work anymore. When we went to the front desk to tell them, they called the maid who at first said she didn't find it!! My DH got very upset at that point because he knew it was in the safe. After about 45 minutes, the maid somehow found his wallet, but all of the money was gone!! The front desk said there was nothing they could do and we should just be happy to have the wallet back!!!

I lost a tooth on Mr. Toads Wild Ride when I was 7. The tooth fairy even found me at fort wilderness, but I have a feeling Tink may have helped her out :tink:

About 6 years ago my ds lost his autograph book. Lucky for us, we wrote our address in it & it was returned a few weeks later!!! :thumbsup2

On our last trip, I left my purse on Expedition Everest. I got off the ride & just left it there! My money, my camera, my cell phone, my license... everything was in there!! I had to wait a while, but they did find it!! Omg I was so nervous!!

My brother lost his wallet at the lake that had my late grandfather's license in it. It was really sad and he was so torn up about it like the whole trip. He was 10 at the time.

When I was 11 years old, I lost my bandanna on Splash Mountain in Disneyland.

I am still crushed about it - to this day. :guilty:

A few years ago, my DH left his wallet in the safe at POP. We had checked out (going to OKW, so not actually leaving Disney). We were on our way to Magic Kingdom when we realized it. Got a bus back to POP, tried our room key and it didn't work anymore. When we went to the front desk to tell them, they called the maid who at first said she didn't find it!! My DH got very upset at that point because he knew it was in the safe. After about 45 minutes, the maid somehow found his wallet, but all of the money was gone!! The front desk said there was nothing they could do and we should just be happy to have the wallet back!!!

That's so awful. On our last family trip to WDW, I lost 2 things: On Space Mountain, I had forgotten to take off my favorite Texas Rangers baseball cap, not remembering how much of a "rollercoaster" it actually was. On the largest drop, my hat flew off. I was very upset, but the CM who was operating the ride must have just thought I was scared of the ride, because he only made a joke about my demeanor. My husband tried to explain, but the guy seemed busy and told us to go ask lost & found. So as soon as we got off, we went on a wild goose chase. They told us the rides are cleaned at night, so it wouldn't be recovered until then. They suggested we go back to the ride and tell the cleaning crew what to be looking for. We went back the next day, but no luck - they said they get thousands of hats every day, and they'd need to search through them to find mine. C'mon! I mean, it was a BRIGHT RED hat. And it was the Texas Rangers!! How many other people would have reported the same item?! (They're not that good, you know!) So we went back to the ride again right before the park closed, and the guy even went in and looked around for us right then with a flashlight, but came back with another hat, and said that was the only one he found. He said if it fell on the track, it was most likely shredded. :sad1:
Then, the last day of our trip, I accidentally dropped a pair of sunglasses on the Snow White ride. We didn't have time (or the energy/desire) to mess with going to lost & found again, so I decided to just call when we got back home. When I called to inquire about them, the woman who answered was very rude. She said that they receive thousands of sunglasses every day, (hmmm...sounds like this is starting to be a pattern. I wonder if that's what the Cm are trained to say?) and unless they look unique or have names/initials inscribed on them, there's no way of telling who they belong to. They took my name & address but I never heard back about either item. :sad2:
So, I didn't get either of my items back, and to this day, I always feel a bit of sadness when I think back on that trip...especially how the Disney staff seemed so rude and unhelpful. I mean, you'd think they'd have a bit of compassion or empathy for people who lose items. Losing something can be very emotional (especially at WDW), even if it's only a dumb Texas Rangers hat! :rolleyes:

P.S. I learned a valuable lesson from that trip: Inscribe your name or initials on EVERYTHING!!!!!

Thankfully the only thing we have ever lost was an autograph book.

It was on our honeymoon, and we had been carrying it around for days. All the characters had written notes of congratulations in it. And somewhere near the end we lost it. It was not really a big deal since it was just a book, but I was a little bummed since it had all the congratulations in it.

We stopped by guest service & asked about lost & found. The CM took some information including our address.

We finished out our trip. About a week after we were home, an autograph book arrived in the mail with every page filled with notes of congratulations to us on our wedding from different characters, and a note from Mickey saying he heard about us losing our book & wanted to make it up to us. :love: It was so sweet. :)

11 years later, it is in our wedding box, and my DS loves looking through it. :cloud9:

My dad left his new Mickey ball cap on the ME bus on the way to the airport. He had fallen asleep & leaned up against the window & it fell off. He didn't realize it until we were at the airport. Luckily, the bus hadn't left yet (even though it had been 10-15 min), and dad found the driver. He let him back on the ME bus to retrieve his hat.

We lost money two different times; one time my son lost his wallet with is money and Disney ticket. We got back to Disney resort and found that he had lost it, and then the phone rang it was another quest who was staying off Disney resort who was leaving Disney that night going back to NY. They found his wallet and saw that he was stay at Disney resort and wanted to know if we could meet them at Walmart, as they would going to be doing last minute shopping, so at about 1am we met them there at Rt.192 walmart, they wouldn’t take any money for finding the wallet, they were really nice.

Second time I just had an envelope of money with a speeding ticket receipt, which I had paid for my son before leaving Ohio. I can’t remember how much money I had but any ways I report it before leaving my resort and couldn’t even remember about when I lost it that day or even which park, as we were park hopping, well once I got home, which was about a few weeks later, I got a phone call from Disney saying they were sending back the money, envelope, with paid speeding ticket receipt back to me, they had to wait as they need to make a check for the cash. (My son's speeding ticket receipt is how they knew it was mine, as it had his name address on it)

So yes there are still people out there that care about others, I for one have turned in every thing I found at Disney to the lost and found, I believe that most people are like that, only a few don’t care about others, just themselves, I for one want to day thank you for any one that has found something and turned it in to lost and found.

“Thank You”

I left my sun glasses in the front pouch of Big Thunder Mountain... I knew as soon as the train pulled away that my glasses were still in there... But I could not wait to get them back because my son had to go potty and my family was all waiting... CM said it could take a while for that train to get back and I did not have a while... I loved those glasses and they were not cheap...

On a different trip DH left his sun glasses on the Magical Express back to the airport... He did not notice they were gone until we were in the airport and the bus was gone... His were expensive too...

We are only bringing cheap sun glasses to Disney for now on :guilty:

Thankfully the only thing we have ever lost was an autograph book.

It was on our honeymoon, and we had been carrying it around for days. All the characters had written notes of congratulations in it. And somewhere near the end we lost it. It was not really a big deal since it was just a book, but I was a little bummed since it had all the congratulations in it.

We stopped by guest service & asked about lost & found. The CM took some information including our address.

We finished out our trip. About a week after we were home, an autograph book arrived in the mail with every page filled with notes of congratulations to us on our wedding from different characters, and a note from Mickey saying he heard about us losing our book & wanted to make it up to us. :love: It was so sweet. :)

11 years later, it is in our wedding box, and my DS loves looking through it. :cloud9:

What a nice story :lovestruc

I lost a diamond pendant. :guilty:

I wore it every day, I never took the chain off so it never occurred to me to not wear it on our trip. We were sitting in the Lion King show and I reached for it and it was gone. We went through the photos on the camera and could tell that the chain had broken in in front of the gorillas so we went back there. Of course it wasn't a HUGE thing so we never found it.

What really made me sad is that DH is not known for grand romantic gestures and that necklace had been one of them. He bought it for me 'just for being a great wife' So I do miss it.

What got me is that I went to Lost and Found and filled out a card and I was determined not to let this ruin our trip or even our day so I was pretty upbeat about the whole thing. There was a man there cursing and swearing over a pair of sunglasses! I mean I lost a DIAMOND!!! My thought was that the kids were all safe and sound. If I had lost one of them - I can't imagine!

Over the years my daughter has lost her autograph book, her camera and her cellphone. They were all returned.

I lost our digital camera and it was returned.

The key is to always have your cellphone number on your belongings.

Oh yes, one more thing, my daughter's friend forgot her bag -- with her tickets and all her money. She left it where she was sitting down and watching the parade. Welll, yes it was found and returned. I cast member saw it and picked it up.

I left my purse in a restroom in The Magic Kingdom. It had our KTTW, Credit Cards, $500 cash, and our Camera. Checked with lost in found when we discovered I had left it. And there it was:cheer2:

DH left his cell phone on ME in August. We called as soon as we knew it was gone, which was only about 45 minutes after getting off the bus, at 11 pm at night. The bus couldn't have had many people to take back to the airport at that time of night and it never showed up...strange...
Oh well, all I know was it was very expensive to replace, b/c those great phone deals are only good when you have to get a new contract....grrr!

I lost my digital camera on the Indiana Jones ride at disneyland. After they shut down the ride for the night they found it and turned it in. I had it back in less then 24 hours with great customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter