What have you lost at Disney?

I somehow dropped a sweatshirt when unloading the car into All Star movies. I noticed immediately when I got to the room and mine was the only one missing. I went right back outside (all within 5 minutes) and nothing. I made a report of the lost item, but nothing ever showed up.

My cousin once left some clothes in the room after checkout. He didn't even know it until the package arrived a week or so later.

A few years ago, my DH left his wallet in the safe at POP. We had checked out (going to OKW, so not actually leaving Disney). We were on our way to Magic Kingdom when we realized it. Got a bus back to POP, tried our room key and it didn't work anymore. When we went to the front desk to tell them, they called the maid who at first said she didn't find it!! My DH got very upset at that point because he knew it was in the safe. After about 45 minutes, the maid somehow found his wallet, but all of the money was gone!! The front desk said there was nothing they could do and we should just be happy to have the wallet back!!!

If it was still in the safe, how did she get it? That is scary if they are able to get into safes like that.

last year DH lost his eye glasses and favorite hat on Splash Mountain. He checked with lost & found but they didn't have them and figured that most likely they were crushed from the ride (he forgot they were on top of his head and came off on the drop). The hat I wasn't concerned with. It was the eyeglasses that got to me! :eek: So he got to be the weird guy for the rest of the weekend wearing his RX sunglasses 24/7! :rotfl:

DD lost her brand new sunglasses the other day. She left them on the bus to MK. I doubt they were turned into L&F but we ran out of time to check anyway. Our bus driver did say that if she went there that they would give her any other pair she wanted since they do get in thousands of sunglasses that are rarely claimed so I guess if you didn't care what sunglasses you got back that would always be an option. :confused3

I just remembered I left our bag last fall at the Fort Wilderness buffet with both the t-shirts we had gotten signed the whole trip and my 2 DD's magical moments certificates. The CM's there tracked us down by my girls names on our reservations so that was pretty impressive. And even after I said it wasn't ours because she said it was an embroidery project(because of the hoops the shirts were in), she called back and insisted it must be and described it more I finally woke up and realized what she was talking about! They had it brought over to our resort very quickly and was waiting for us when we were ready to get on the ME. :goodvibes

Sunglasses on Space Mountain. I filed a lost/found report and my sunglasses beat me back home-by U.S.P.S.

I myself have lost a pair of sunglasses waiting for the bus at AK, I never got them back. I also lost a Mickey Silver braclet with blue stones in each head, my DH had just bought it for me the night before I lost it. He surprised me with it around the neck of My First Teddy Bear that Disney sold. we were in MK in the camera store back where the movie pays. I was taking pictures of the kids and it must have fallen off. Because when we got back at AKL I noticed it wasn't on my wrist. I was a mess and I was upset. I had everyone looking for it from people at MK, the bus driver the hotel. I never got it back. But Disney did replace it for free I was never so happy, that they did that for me. The hotel called World of Disney and they told me to go in and when I got there they had another one for me. I told Lost and Found that it was replaced and if it comes up to give it back to the store, but I don't think it ever did I called for months to see if they found it and they always said no.

My DD lost her Halloween bag with her name on it at Liberty Tree Tavern, My Mother lost her camera in MK's bathroom and we never found either one.

Now my SIL lost her whole back pack with everything in it including all her money at MK and she got it back. My DD lost her Camera in Epcot and got it back and my brother lost his cell phone and the Bus driver didn't stop until he found it and delivered it back to him at his Hotel.

So we have had the mix of good and bad with getting our lost items back.

dh lost his RX sunglasses in the lazy river at typhoon lagoon. A couple weeks after we got home we recieved his glasses :)

I meant to post a thread about our experience this past trip but never did. We were at the Nemo show and I had set the camera under the seat. Then, it got to the point where they made everyone move to the left to cram more people in, and I moved- without my camera. After the show we went to Restaurantosaurus to eat and when I went to take pictures of our food like a good little Diser- I realized it was missing. We went back to the bathrooms by the Nemo show, figuring I had hung it on the hook when I went to the bathroom. It wasn't there. As I'm leaving the bathroom, I see a CM approach my DH and DS. He asked if we had lost a camera. He had found it, turned it on and said he had recognized my son from the pics. He even described the pic of DS at dinner the night before, holding a pizza at Mama Melrose. (Again, I was a good little Disser taking food photos. :rotfl: ) The CM ran back in to get the camera where he had turned it in and it was gone. He said someone must have taken it to the front already, since it was such an expensive item.
Long story short, hours later, and about 2 hours after Animal Kingdom was closed, we're still waiting at guest services, and the camera still never made it up to the front. At some point it was in the Dinoland gift shop, but supposedly no one knows what happened to it. Of course that's what Disney is telling us, but I'm sure they probably knew who stole it. I was devastated- I just wanted my camera and my pictures back. It's funny- we had to talk to many CM's to try to get to the bottom of this, and they all start off with the line- "just because a camera was found doesn't mean it was yours" until they got the whole story. Even though I'm the one that left it under the seat, they realized someone there really screwed up. (And I'm hoping the really helpful CM who told us he had found it and identified us in the photos didn't get in trouble for this.) They offered to cut us a check for the value of the camera, but it was a couple years old (Canon Powershot) and we had no transportation, so we asked them to give us a camera instead. We got their Kodak Easy share, memory card, mickey camera case and the pictures from our Photopass on CD as compensation. I was very happy with the way it was ultimately handled until I figured out what a piece of crap that Kodak Easyshare is. :rotfl:

Hats, hats and hats... we had to fight with my yougest to wear one and he was always taking them off. I think we left at least one in every park. Also left a light up toy on the bus. Over all I don't think we did too bad:lmao: . I did think I lost my camera and didn't get any pictures @ BBB because of this. Turns out it was in my bag the entire time. Big relief

DH lost his baseball cap on Primeval Whirl, and both DS and I had our baseball caps sliced by the buggy mechanism (the clip to hold it shut got broken on the plane, so we had to hold it folded by hand and if a cap slipped the mechanism cut right through the strap:sad2: ) I suppose we should be thankful it wasn't fingers!

Sounds like disney in more then accomodating it getting items back to the recipient or replacing. I can only imagine the thousands and thousands of items lost everyday.

So sweet they replaced the bracelet and camera and more!

Last year in Disneyland my DH lost his hat (left it on the seat in It's Tough to be a Bug) and I lost my sunglasses (left them on a table when we were eating lunch) within an hour of each other!

We went to lost and found a couple of days later, and got both back :cool1:

Our family was giving a Year of a Million Dreams layard and my DS (5) left it on the train at MK just before we left. He didn't notice it was gone until we were getting on the bus. He was in tears! My DH took him back to FW and me and my other DS went to see if we could find it. Sure enough the CM had it and was waiting for us to claim it. I two wayed my DH and the CM got on and told my DS he had it and mommy would be bring it back. Once my DS heard this he stopped crying and smiled and told my DH "Mickey found it!". After a nap all was well IN the World.

I also lost my ability to vacation anywhere else without comparing to Disney!;) After 4 trips it has yet to return!

My wallet fell out of my backpack in Tomorrowland and somehow was found on Main Street - with all cash, ID, and credit cards intact! I couldn't believe it when they had it at Guest Services.

I still don't know how it got out of my fully zipped backpack though...

I was just down there (got back last night) and I lost something for the first time...and Incredibles pin! I didn't realize it until the next morning, so I couldn't go back to Epcot to get it. Luckily, I had gotten it cheap at the Disney outlet, and it was for trading, BUT...I will be getting some locking pin backs.

I've lost a ton of things at WDW, and only one was never found. I lost a pair of sunglasses inside the Drew Carey show (that's what I get for going to see what I knew was a crappy show!) and as soon as we exited, I realized they were gone. They even let me back into the theater to check my seat as they were cleaning between shows, but they were gone. Someone must have picked them up on their way out. I never thought to check with Lost & Found later, I just bought new ones at the handy gift shop right outside the exit.

I lost sunglasses on Expedition Everest, and once again realized as soon as I exited the ride. I had put them in the little pouch on the seat back and forgot to retrieve them. Inside the gift shop there is a window where they said they sweep the ride after every two or three times, so I described the glasses and came back about 20 minutes later and they had them waiting for me!

I lost my digital camera inside Innoventions, I had put it in my pocket and it must have fallen out. I was halfway across the large open area behind Spaceship Earth, headed towards the other side of Innoventions when I reached for my camera and it was gone. I burst into tears and RAN back to the last place I remembered taking a picture (and I do not run, lol!) and it was gone. I was frantically looking everywhere and a nice older CM asked me if I had lost a camera. I described it and he disappeared into the back and came back with it! He had seen it on the ground and picked it up, and was looking for its owner.

My DD, then almost 2, lost her hat on the Snow White ride. The CM asked us to come back in a few minutes, and they had found it. She also lost her favorite, must-have blankie with binky attached ("Binky Blankie") somewhere in FantasyLand. We ran to all the rides and asked everyone to look for it, she was so upset but hopeful because of how her hat had been found. We were frantic because it was very late, just a few minutes before closing time, and DD will NOT sleep without her Binky Blankie. Finally we asked the Dumbo CM if he had seen it, and he said he hadn't but we were welcome to walk around the ride and check. We remembered we had ridden in a yellow elephant, and sure enough there was Binky Blankie sitting in the footwell of the yellow Dumbo. He even let us ride one more time, the last ride of the night and it was just us on the whole ride. :)

We've lost a few pins here & there, but we've also received a few free pins so it evens out.

DD's grandpa left his camcorder inside the big "tent" store in Toontown and went back about 20 minutes later, and they had it there. DD was buying the My Little Pony box of pick-your-own stuff at the time (again it was near closing time) and they let her fill not only the box, but the entire shopping bag the box went into! Then they took us outside and showed us a great spot to view Wishes.

Not a lost but a found: My older DD, then 8, found a wallet in a handicapped bathroom stall in MGM, the one on Sunset Boulevard. I took her to Guest Services to turn it in. We peeked inside and it had a lot of cash inside as well as credit cards and park tickets. I hope it was returned to the owner. DD was a little disappointed that the CM she turned it in to didn't "reward" her or even thank her, but she said knowing the person would get her stuff back made her feel really good, and she never once thought about keeping any of it. We also once found a ticket on the floor outside the bathroom near Crystal Palace and went out of our way to turn it in. I don't think it would have been able to be returned, since it was just a paper ticket, but I felt it was important to set an example for the kids and turn it in anyway.

I guess we've been very lucky about not losing anything valuable in WDW.

Dd who was 13 at the time lost her pin trading lanyard,
she had it the whole entire time we were at WDW but the day we left it was gone. We think she might have set it down at the airport so god knows were its at now :confused3 . But that was 2 years ago, she's 15 going on 16 now, so she's not really into that anymore lol she was sooo upset though so the next year we went she got a new one :)

I left my cellphone charger in the room at ASSports when we checked out --- a month later a card arrived in the mail asking me to identify a lost item and WDW mailed it to me!! In the past I have also lost my brand new annual pass - my daughter lost her drivers license and her debit card - all of these were never found and amazingly never used!!:yay:

My DD/2 lost her good hat w/ the SPF...never turned up.

My sister left her backpack (w/ wallet, camera, etc...) at one of the outside tables at one of the restaurants at DTD. We realized about 1/2 hour later and she ran back...it was gone & the people sitting there had no idea. She went in and asked. Someone had turned it in...it was untouched. So, yes, there are honest, good people still left in this world. :-)

Same sister, same trip...she purposely left her infant carrier in the hotel room when we checked out. She hated it, the baby hated it. LOL Saw no reason to bring it home. LOL About a month later, a package arrived from Disney. It was the carrier. LOL We rolled...though it was funny the darn thing followed us home. LOL Very nice of Disney to do though!

I purposely left a stroller in the room in January -- it was an old broken down thing anyway and was on it's last leg, and then my DD fell asleep in it and peed all over the darn thing on our last full day. I tried to clean it up but it just wasn't working so we just left in the room and bought a new one at the gift shop. I did mention to the guy who came to help us take our luggage to the lobby that the stroller was not coming with us. I sure hope they don't return it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter