WHat has been your biggest splurge using your points?

Stayed in an ocean view GV at Aulani for a week. Only 3 of us. We each needed our bedroom and we didn't want anyone sleeping on a fold-out in the living room. It was spectacular.

We've done some splurges over the years....a couple of GV's with the children and their friends. But the best splurge was after we retired and we spent almost a month in WDW by ourselves. Boardwalk View to Vero to Saratoga Congress Park. Our next splurge is a Beach Cottage at Vero with all our siblings. All 60+ and ready to party! After that, we go back to our restful one bedrooms by ourselves. ;)

Since we just purchased in January, the actual contract purchase itself has been our biggest splurge. But now I am excited imagining the possibilities!

I was able to book a 6 day, 5 night trip, in September, at AKV - Jambo House in a club level studio. Typically, I book on the cheap in September, so that I can book another trip in May. This trip will make me point poor, but it is a club level experience!
Nice. One day hopefully I will snag that club level:-)
Bought a second contract and there were a bunch of points on it that were expiring so took the opportunity to book a two bedroom theme park view at Bay Lake Tower. Watched the castle from my bed all night until they shut the lights off....absolutely the best room ever!
NICE.....now that's the way you make it worth it!
We recently became DVC members at the Poly and had lots of points to use up so we grabbed a 2 night stay in a Bungalow....Pre-Cruise. I hope I don't spoil myself ;)
WOW....what a way to start!!
Stayed in an ocean view GV at Aulani for a week. Only 3 of us. We each needed our bedroom and we didn't want anyone sleeping on a fold-out in the living room. It was spectacular.
Now that's a splurge!:-)
We've done some splurges over the years....a couple of GV's with the children and their friends. But the best splurge was after we retired and we spent almost a month in WDW by ourselves. Boardwalk View to Vero to Saratoga Congress Park. Our next splurge is a Beach Cottage at Vero with all our siblings. All 60+ and ready to party! After that, we go back to our restful one bedrooms by ourselves. ;)
A month in WDW sounds like heaven to be exact:worship:

Since we just purchased in January, the actual contract purchase itself has been our biggest splurge. But now I am excited imagining the possibilities!
Yes that is certainly a splurge. Enjoy I love my DVC:-)
Happy planning
Kerri

Biggest splurge lately was a 2 BR for just DH and myself. Actually it's only for one night, DS and his family will join us for the week, but they leave one day, and DH and I decided to stay and not leave until the next morning. The other splurge was when DH and I found ourselves with "extra" points at HHI, so we decided to "splurge" on a 1 BR, just for that one trip. Only does it count as a splurge? Because now I feel I HAVE TO have a 1 BR on every trip. A few years ago, we reserved a studio, and I B@#$%d all week-I'm surprised DH didn't pitch me into the ocean!

It's a toss between a near week-long trip to Disneyland for our friend's wedding or our next trip to Aulani.

Our biggest splurge was bringing down my DW family, 21 people in total. It was great having them with us but it was a nightmare trying to get everyone together. By day 3 we would just pick a park and say "see you there".

Our biggest splurge was bringing down my DW family, 21 people in total. It was great having them with us but it was a nightmare trying to get everyone together. By day 3 we would just pick a park and say "see you there".

I knew we would have a problem with my family that way, so I just told them, I expected them all to join us at MK the first morning and we'd buy breakfast at Crystal Palace for 20 of them (four families), and after that I tried to join each individual family at a park one day. It was definitely easier to join in a single family versus the whole group.

Booked a grand villa at OKW a couple of times. Once for us and a couple of the kids friends, back in their high school days and once for a bunch of our friends.

October 2012- 5 nights stay at AKV (Kidani)

November 2013- 5 nights stay at Grand California

July 2017 - 1 week stay - East Coast, RCI Trade

Last edited:
Biggest splurge was a GV at BLT Christmas week through New Year's Day. What an awesome family vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter