What happens if you miss your Boarding Group?

ngl

DIS Veteran
I know you have an hour from the time they call your boarding group and some say they have gone later than that but what if you WAY miss it? I have seen people post the past few days they are getting lower number boarding groups even logging on at 8am! Assume that won't be the case this weekend but we have 1.5 hr (possible more w/traffic) drive so if we got an early am boarding group and missed it could we try again at 1pm? Thanks in advance! (Previous times we have done it we have been onsite so not an issue).

This from DLR, but CM’s didn’t mind if people were late a few hours. Just ask nicely would be my recommendation

You may be allowed to ride or you may be turned away. It will depend on how the ride is functioning that day and is also the CM's decision. Missing a BG other than for an ADR or Savi's reservation (which proof of either may be asked), means you may be turned away from the ride.

People have reported both scenarios often on the main thread - being allowed to ride and being turned away. Personally I wouldn't risk it and would make sure I arrived in my window.

View attachment 603785

Seriously, though... as PP said, you might be able to ride late, but I wouldn't count on it.

Plus, with IA$ on the horizon for ROTR, who knows how that will affect the BG policies/procedures.
Follow up on this as we went last weekend. We were off of our 1 hr window by at least one hour. (Waiting in a very long Guest Services line - think it was from all of us who found out last minute we had to activate our renewed Gold annual pass prior to 9/8 or be stuck with the new blackout dates!) I asked CM about missing it and she said they generally will always let you board as long as you had a boarding group issued at some point in the day. As I mentioned, we got in line one hour past our 1 hour return and then the ride broke down! Had to come back later anyway. All worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter