What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me decide which disney software to purchase to help me make my signs. Here are the ones I have found:
1. Disney's Mickey And Crew Print Studio
2. DISNEY - Magic Artist Studio
3. Disney Classic Print Studio Collection
4. Disney Make Your Own Iron Transfers w/ Print Studio
5. Disney's Magic Artist Deluxe
6. Disney Magic Artist Classic Software

Fom what I can tell they are all Windows XP compatible.
I really confused.

I know you guys will help me out.

Timswoman

Well, I finally got the chance to install the program. Good thing it was only $3.99. The Print Studio is not at all what I expected. Being big Disney fans, I'm sure some of you already have a Disney Character Print Studio at home (or most likely your kids do). DS has the Toy Story 2 one that came with a game. This is just your VERY basic kid's print program. It's kind of a bundle pack all on one CD (Mickey, Pooh, The Little Mermaid & Toy Story 2). Even though they're on the same CD you can't use the different character clipart together. For example, when you're in the Mickey print studio you can't use Pooh, Mermaid, or TS clipart.

I'm pretty sure you can get all the Mickey clipart, that is on this CD, on the websites we've been posting here.

BTW, it has 7 White Fabric Iron-On Transfers. Just to be clear, they are plain white sheets that you print your own design on. You can use the Print Studios that come with it, but you don't have to.

timswoman said:
Please help me decide which disney software to purchase to help me make my signs. Here are the ones I have found:
1. Disney's Mickey And Crew Print Studio
2. DISNEY - Magic Artist Studio
3. Disney Classic Print Studio Collection
4. Disney Make Your Own Iron Transfers w/ Print Studio
5. Disney's Magic Artist Deluxe
6. Disney Magic Artist Classic Software

Fom what I can tell they are all Windows XP compatible.
I really confused.

I know you guys will help me out.

Timswoman
You don't need Disney software to make signs. I don't use the Disney software (actually DS's) I have because it doesn't really do much. It's really meant for kids. It doesn't even have any Disney fonts in it. If you download a Disney font from the internet you'll be able to use it in the program though. They don't have a lot of clipart either. You can get more (for free) by going to the sites we've posted on this thread. IMO, you'd be much better off buying a regular PrintShop program. I use Microsoft Greetings Workshop and PrintShop 6.0, which are both about seven years old.

Where did those ears come from? Can I get it without the names? I found some with names on them but couldn't get the names off. I also couldn't get it to print clearly. The DISBoards that was typed in came out fuzzy too.

Zandy595 said:
cntkg1 ~ Looks familiar. ;)

54d13bfc.jpg

:blush: oops! forgot to ask how to post a few samples of my door signs (I promise not to post links to all 10) I'd like some constructive criticism to make them the best they can be as we are having a big party and a lot of people will see them.

If you right click over the green Mickey head, you should be able to save it on your computer, then you can use it however you like.

green%20mickey%20head.jpg

Verandah Man said:
If you right click over the green Mickey head, you should be able to save it on your computer, then you can use it however you like.

green%20mickey%20head.jpg

Thanks for posting this :)

I totally agree with Zandy595. I made all of my signs using PrintShop6 and "borrowing" from a variety of websites. Besides the clipart sites, you can save pretty much any image from any website and use it, as long as it isn't "blocked". The skull I used on my pirate sign was from a website selling posters. I just saved the image, cropped off what I didn't want and built up the sign around that image. PrintShop is a very easy program. I taught myself how to use it years ago when I was totally computer illiterate. You just play around with the images until you have them the way you want them, add type, borders, etc. and wa-la!
:wave2: Linda

Thank y'all so much for your opinions on the disney software. I do have PrintMaster Platinum 8.0. I don't know how to use it. Do ya think this is all I need?

If so that means that ya saved me a few bucks that I can use on our cruise.

You are the greatest and I really appreciate ya and value your opinions.

Thanks.

timswoman said:
Thank y'all so much for your opinions on the disney software. I do have PrintMaster Platinum 8.0. I don't know how to use it. Do ya think this is all I need?
I'm sure your PrintMaster program will work just fine. It just takes a little time to figure out all the features.

I have never used any of the print programs you all are referring to. I actually just did mine by pulling my pictures into Microsoft Word. Don't know if the print programs are easier, but this worked for me. :flower:

Here's the one I just did for our upcoming DVC Member Cruise.

roomsign.jpg

message deleted...
I tried to post a photo from Yahoo and it would give everyone instant access to my account! :earseek:

Thanks Verandah Man....my DD16 is teaching me Photoshop and my first lesson (homework actually) was making a name tag. I appreciate the green mickey ears, thanks for sharing. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have made a sign. ~ Bethany

mynametag_copy.jpg

Sure are a lot of nice signs/magnets coming from everyone.

I just received my magnet order from a company out of Miami - 100 sheets - guess I'll have to control myself with all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter