What do you think about putting children on a leash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, my dogs are not replaceable! They have personalities all their own. One dog does not replace another, imho. I still morn one who died 5 years ago. I have new dogs, but they in no way take the place of the one I lost.:sad1:

I can totally understand what you mean about your pets. It's really hard to lose them and I have sobbed when one of my pets have died. They DO have personalities of their own and they are so individual. You'll never have one exactly like another.

But I really don't think the comment was meant like that. I am a huge animal lover and advocate...but at the end of the day, my son and soon to be born daughter have more value and they come before my pets. And I've suffered a miscarriage in the past and the pain of that was so much worse than the pain of losing one of my pets. It just doesn't even compare. So personally, I don't appreciate the comparison of an animal to my child or that I'd be treating my child like an animal because I don't have the same parenting method like others. Does that make sense?

I AM sorry for your loss...it's hard to lose our furbabies. :(

Many children resist any form of discipline or child-rearing at first, and some continue it during their teen rebellion years. So are you just gonna look for a reason not to do any of those either? We get it, some parents don't care for the harnesses and won't use them. Great for them, no one is saying you're required to use these. But knock off the judgment and STOP comparing them to dogs.

Would you like me to tell you to STOP putting a leash on your child? No, then don't tell me to stop comparing them. It's my opinion.

Wow, this thing has a life of it's own. We were asked our option. For me, I would have no problem with a child on lead - or whatever you call them. Disney is wonderful for children - but they fly like a bullet. I hope that whatever way the parents keep their children safe is a great thing. That is just my opion.

Umm, my dogs are not replaceable! They have personalities all their own. One dog does not replace another, imho. I still morn one who died 5 years ago. I have new dogs, but they in no way take the place of the one I lost.:sad1:

I know this and we got a new dog same breed different color. Different dog. Totally. The girls still inquire frequently about the old dog.

However ~ we did buy a new dog. You can't just go out and buy a new child. I never really understood the weight of the words I love you until I felt them for my children. The feeling no where nears the feelings for my dog. Maybe I am a bad pet owner.

Family pet is not equal to a child in my book. Sorry never will be.

Okay ~ back to your leash debate.

Just for the record (again) in case people aren't reading all the posts. Here's how I fall on it:

I don't do it.
I don't care if you do.

That this thread has become to personaland it is time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter