What do you remove from RV prior to having it serviced?

We had a trailer being repaired at the manufacturer in Indiana somewhere around 2014. They broke into our trailer and stole the TV only. The cost of the damage was about 20x the value of the cheap TV. None of our personal belongings was touched.
Thats why where i used to live people left there car doors unlocked. Let them toss the car and go through the glove box, just dont break my window to do it.

Thats why where i used to live people left there car doors unlocked. Let them toss the car and go through the glove box, just dont break my window to do it.
Someone once cut my convertible top to get in. There wasn't anything really of value in there.

I had my truck broke into a about a year ago. I had left it unlocked in hotel parking lot. When I went back out later that night I noticed the door was not shut tight. Then saw the glove box, and center console open and stuff all over place. They stole about $4.00, a pair of cheep gloves, and the right hand of another pair of good gloves. I guess they didn't want the left hand.

It was actually a good thing I didn't lock it. about 4 other vehicles had their windows smashed and small things stolen. The didn't take anything really valuable from any vehicle.

The cost of the damage was about 20x the value of the cheap TV

That about sums up what happened. Some of the other vehicles were trucks had several power tools in them. None of that was touched.

While we don't have an RV yet... I would think anything of value should be taken out... when we take our boat to be serviced I take everything out of it... life vest, paddle, fire extinguisher, portable dry box, depth finder, and the cooler everything goes...

I dont even lock my door. If someone is going to break into my camper, I'd rather them not tear my door up in the process. Aside from that, I dont own much worth stealing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter