• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you have in your resort room to eat, drink?

We fly and have packed snacks in the suitcase we've done the standard:

Water bottles
Canned fruit with pop top so no can opener is needed
Rice krispee.
Granola bars
Nuts
Soy milk
Flavored water packets
Liquid water flavoring
Tuna pkgs
Beef jerky
Applesauce
Oatmeal
Microwave popcorn
Macaroni and cheese cups
Cookies
Chips
Pop tarts
Cereal
Pop

Best thing though....hydration backpacks .... This saves a ton of money's s we drink from this all day

This time I'm going to have a car so I'm going to pick up many of these items plus

Bacon
Fruit
Milk
Bread
Peanut butter and jelly
Yogurt

We don't usually bring too much, just the basics would be soda, water, and Clif Bars; maybe apples and/or oranges, Pepperidge Farm cookies or goldfish, bottled water, some type of candy - mentos or twizzlers.

We'll usually get QS to take back to the room if we don't have leftovers from TS.

We buy milk & soy milk from the resort.

We ship down cereal, granola bars, pop tarts, chips, salsa, crackery kind of cookie things (you know junk!!). I make sure one cereal is a kind that I will like. I can't stomach frosted flakes!!! But my kids eat rice krispies so that works.

I usually bring bagels for me/kids in my suitcase. I also bring my sons butter since he is dairy allergic on the plane (in my checked bag). The last time I went they only used fleishmans unsalted & that has no flavor so why use it. I have also brought some fruit with me as well.

When we go in August, my sisters are coming. Well sort of. One lives here in CT & she is flying down 2 days early & is going to my other sisters house in Ft. Myers so they are going to drive up. I just need to give them a list of stuff to get, most importantly water!

We get milk and cereal, chips, chocolate and some candy, some granola bars, and maybe some protein bars as well.

Vodka, Beer, Gatoraide 2, Water, Diet Coke.

Thats pretty much it .... a good amount of that last stuff :)

Many visits we don't bring any food at all. I'm not big on in-room meals or backpack food...

But it can be nice to have some late night snacks. I also use in room for a few healthy options, which can be hard to find in WDW.

There was a very old, but helpful thread about foods that can be prepared easily in rooms , or using something like the food cout microwave, coffee pot. (like instant oatmeal). You may want to look it up. It maybe got nasty when folks suggested ideas like bringing crock pots.

So here are my top suggestions:

1. bottled water. Nearly always a must for us.
2. Fresh fruit, especially berries.
3. yogurt.
4. snack bars, ganola bars, chips
5. Parmalat or other shelf stable milk.. I like milk in my coffee. Parmalatype is a travel option becase it done't need to be kept cold until opened. You can buy it in 8ounces portions too. Horizon is an organic brand, and there are others.

5. leftovers. This often only works if you are like eating at your resort restaurant- but if we have any leftovers we often put them in our fridge. Sometimes we ask for our dessert 'to go'. I have also stopped in the the Main St. Bakery late at night for a muffin to eat the next morning. It does save money- in that it saves time. ZTime is money- so anything that saves vacation time, helps me get a better vacation value.

6. If we have a car, we like Whole Foods. It's not really a huge money saver, but the quality is great. The one at Sand Lake Rd is a good place to stop for a quick lunch on way from the airport. If we stop we'll get things like fruit bars/fruit, fresh juice, yogurt, a latte (they have a coffee bar), and maybe somesmall bakery item, chips of some kind. WE usually get lunch while there, they have a huge buffet.

7. Another oddball option is the Hess stations on property. Still one more oddball siuggestion is the Walgreens around WDW. Many are open 24hours. If you just want a few snacks, but are arriving late, they are an option.

If we're in a regular room, we have bottled water, Gatorade, stuff to make sandwiches. If we stay DVC, we also have cereal, milk, pop tarts.

We go in summer, and sometimes it's nice to have a plain old sandwich in your nice, cool, quiet room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter