What do you have in your resort room to eat, drink?

GaRedHead

Earning My Ears
Ok what type of things do you keep in your resort room to eat and drink to save some money? We will be at the Yacht Club in August and I really do plan on having a small pantry:rotfl: in there to help us since we will be OPP on our food. So what do you keep in your room/freg?

Bottles of water, and whatever snacks and things we have left from the drive down. However, we have found that we don't eat many of the snacks, so we don't bring as much anymore.

Fwiw, we have stuff to make sandwiches (usually lunchmeat, cheese and mayo), pb & jelly, crackers, granola bars, and maybe pop tarts. We bring fruit but only enough for the drive down so it doesn't go bad.

Wine :goodvibes We pack breakfast things, bagels are easy to throw in suitcases, the packets of instant oatmeal, granola bars. You can buy cream cheese from the Marketplace. Or pack a small jar of peanut butter.

We only have breakfast in our room.

I guess what you can bring depends on if you will have a car to grocery shop. If I have a car my arrival day I also get fruit, yogurt and OJ.
If I don't have a car, I just bring things easily packed in my suitcase.

Bottled water, instant oatmeal, cereal, milk, cheese, crackers, bread and pb and jelly.

On our last trip, we shipped some items from Walmart.com like bottled water, granola bars, Pringles, oreos, baby formula and almond milk. From home we brought bagels, homemade breakfast breads and muffins, loaf of bread, crackers, jar of pb, packets of mustard, mayo and honey. From the resort store, we bought milk, eggs, lunch meat, cheese and a box of cereal.

We probably wouldn't have taken quite so much except that one of my ds's has a milk allergy and it can be hard to find breads, bagels, muffins, etc that are milk free. Even snacks are hard sometimes. So, we traveled with quite a bit of food for him. But it was great cause we do love to snack. We went home with very little left.

I take Dr. Pepper/diet Dr. Pepper because the parks/resorts don't carry them.

Water, Pringles, bananas, grapes, cheese cubes, uncrustables, baby carrots, and Diet Coke.

Case of water, quart of OJ, half gallon of milk, cans of Coke and Sprite, case of beer, bottle of wine, bagels, cream cheese, cereal, grapes, cheese, crackers, chips, coffee, tea bags, sugar.

We use Garden Grocer for a case of water, instant oatmeal, dry salami, turkey lunchmeat, bread, chocolate milk, cashews, chips and dip. Oh yeah and juice boxes!

We fly so we can't take perishables. I always take an extra suitcase for souvenirs so I take stuff in that suitcase, such as cereal, we buy milk at the resort, some disposable bowls and spoons, pb crackers, cheese-its, and that type of stuff, creamora b/c they never give you enough in those little packets for coffee making in your room, things that are good for snacks after the parks at night. We don't like eating heavy at night before bed so a small bowl of cereal hits the spot. Oh, and I take the individual iced tea packs that you add to water. We try not to drink much caffeine and since I get caffeine-free packets it works out well. I keep some in my purse for use in the parks or at restaurants. My Dh and I can have a little caffeine but definitely not after 4 pm. I don't do sugar, so find me a flavored drink that has no sugar or caffeine ! Very hard to find when you're out.

A jug of milk from the gift shop and chocolate syrup I bring from home. Not so much to save money, but because premixed chocolate milk doesn't work for me. Too thick. Chocolate milk is to my morning routine what coffee is to most other people :coffee: I also pack a week's worth of solo cups and plastic spoons. Some things you just can't live without!!

I fly, so bring small individual packages of nuts, gummies, jelly beans for park bag (don't melt). I like breakfast bars and OJ in the morning for the walk to the bus and standing in the cue. I also like cheese sticks with V-8. I bring the cheese sticks in my carryon, so can get them in the fridge at bell services at the resort ASAP. I buy the OJ and V-8 at the resort, along with 2-liter bottles of Diet Coke. I have had peanut butter taken by TSA from my carryon. My daughter had cheese spread (not cheese dip, but spread, which is as solid as a block of cheese) taken by TSA. Had oreos smashed to pieces, which leave a black stain on your clothes, doesn't wash out.
Recently started adding Via packets.

We drive in so we bring a big bag and we have brought stuff like this (not all for the same trip, of course, but over the years these types of things):
- loaf of bread
- peanut butter
- jelly
- yoo hoos
- juice boxes
- parmalot milk boxes
- box of cereal
- can of mixed nuts
- beef jerky or pepperoni (the non-perishable packages)
- wedge of hard cheese
- crackers
- jello packs
- pudding packs
- canned fruit
- pop tarts
- cereal bars
- protien bars
- protien drink/meal replacements
- seeds
- trail mix
- cans of instant pasta (you don't have to heat them... my kids are so not picky)
- those little flavored tuna/cracker packets (a favorite of mine)
- those pretzel & cheese dip packets
- cheese & cracker packets

We tried stopping for real milk at the store before heading to the park but refilling the cooler ice made it more trouble than it was worse-- that ice melts so quickly for some reason.

Oh, and usually for that first day we pack a lunch or dinner to eat at the pool after we settle in-- that saves $$$ on that first meal. I just pack it in disposable foil or baggies in a soft cooler beach bag thing we have.

And best of all this is out of my coupon stockpile so usually it doesn't cost any extra. Seriously cuts down on the food bill there.

We usually get the refillable mugs, too, because they pay for themselves just one day by the pool.

When we take Amtrak, car service provides a 30 minute grocery stop and we load up on lunch meats, cheeses, rolls ( sandwich makings for a week)... Pop, beer, wine, alcohol, chips, snacks, OJ,.... Basically anything to make our trip as pleading as being home... We break from the parks every afternoon and enjoy sandwiches and chips at the pool with adult beverages ....

After a day of restaurant food, I prefer a good old home made salami and cheese sandwich on Italian bread or a roll ... Better than any steak dinner on property (no dining plans for us)

We can easily share a QS breakfast platter and a hamburger for dinner is enough for us ( we've never been meat and potato and vegetable people for dinner people)...

With our grocery purchases, a 7 day trip will run the 2 of us adults 200.00 for the whole time ... Foodies we are not...

We fly so its hard to bring a lot with us... We tried shipping food to the resort a few times but found we just ended up wasting a lot of it. So basically we for go bringing drinks b/c we have the refillable mugs and then we typically bring breakfast items like the small one serving boxes of cereal, bagels and fruit bars. Snack wise we'll bring cookies and chips and stuff like that to have to munch on at the pool or before bed.

Bottles of water

Bagel Thins or mini bagels and PB (my prefered breakfast)

Something crunchy usually chex mix or cheezits

Luna Bars or granola bars or Kbars (my backup breakfast)

VIA iced coffee packs

Milk

Fruit or nuts sometimes, but the other stuff almost always.

I also hit up Karmel Kruche or Goofy's for some candy or chocolate pretzels, etc to snack on.

With deluxe dining....nothing its too much food.

Without? Just basics , few bags of chips n water

Protein bars are a must! I like to keep a couple in my bags just in case my blood sugar drops and I or one of the kids start to get "hangry" :mad:. When we fly we bring goldfish, pop tarts, crackers, things that I can take to the parks too. :thumbsup2

What I'll have on hand in May --

Orange Juice
Hummus
Carrots
Chips
Salsa
Granola Bars
Juice Boxes
Apples
Raisins
Nuts
Yogurt
Water
Bagels
Cream Cheese
Beer

Milk
Half and half
Coffee
Cereal
Granola bars
Pretzels, popcorn, fishy crackers
Juice boxes
Water
Nuts/trail mix
Wine
Beer
Cheese sticks
Fruit leather/snacks

Mostly stuff for breakfast, quick snacks at the parks and snacks for the pool. We get lunch and dinner at restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter