• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you all think of Kohls?

I really like Kohls and buy when they have great sales going on and then apply discount codes. The closest Kohls is 60 miles away from me so I usually shop online. I've never had any problem with the quality or fit, and maybe I like ugly stuff, because I always find lots I like. I especially like their Croft & Barrow label for things for me and find that their kids clothes are really cute.

I will be the voice of dissent, but I do not like Kohls. I've bought two shirts for myself there and they both started falling apart by the second wash. My husband likes to get his business casual stuff there and has had no problems though.

Take the shirts back. They have the best customer service. MY MIL got DD a winter coat from there and it started to fall apart after a month so I took it back. They were even willing to exchange without the receipt, but the price was too low compared to the one I was getting. I called MIL got her card number they looked it up and gave me the credit she paid, toward the new coat. I have other great CS stories from there, too.

It is a great place to buy off season if you have kids since they have an unlimited time limit for returns as long as you have the receipt.

I think I have bought something from every department at that store.

I would recommend getting their charge, my mom has one, so I don't. She pays it off with cash right after she uses it, and just uses it because of the discounts.

Kohl's sends out $10 off $10 cards every now and then in the mail. When they do, it's one of my favorite stores. Otherwise, I don't go in much. If you have coupons, you can get some good deals.

I shopped there all the time until I ordered an advertised water resistant hooded Fall coat. It was a name brand coat too. What came was a nylon jogging suit zippered top with no hood and it was not the right brand. I returned it to the store and reordered the original advertised jacket thinking that a few numbers must have been rearranged in my first order. I got the same incorrect jacket. I tried to return it to the store and they claimed I already returned the jacket and refused to give me the money or the jacket back. This event has left a "bad taste in my mouth." I'd rather shop elsewhere.

Well, I am a voice of dissent. I seem to be the only one who does not like Kohl's - my best friend shops almost exclusively there. None of their clothes fit me or my husband. I don't care for the selection of clothes that fit my kids (ages 10, 12, 14, and 15), particularly the 12 and 15 year old girls - too trendy and revealing for me. I also question why there are constant sales and the only reason I come up with is they mark everything up to run their sales. How else would they stay in business?

I know I'm a minority, but that my 2 cents.

I love Kohls! I'm waiting with eager anticipation a new one opening in our community in the next month or so. :banana:

I like their casual clothes and shoes. I do prefer some brands over others though and I don't care for the kids' stuff much.

I like kohls for their housewares and shoes and accessories. They carry carters and oshkosh baby clothes, so I will buy my son clothes there, but I don't usually buy clothes there for myself or my husband. I find the quality of their signature lines to be lower quality for men and women. I have bought some dockers shorts there, and been pleased, but anything I've purchased from Simply Vera or Daisy Fuentes (if that line is even around any more) or Lauren Conrad, just seems to either fade or shrink really easy.

I do love the holiday mark-downs, and I have bought most of my holiday decorations at Kohls, and they have decent toy sales around Christmas.

Love Kohls - I use to buy a lot of my DS clothes there at the beginning of each season. If he didn't wear something I was able to take it back months later. They have the best return policy.

Well, I am a voice of dissent. I seem to be the only one who does not like Kohl's - my best friend shops almost exclusively there. None of their clothes fit me or my husband. I don't care for the selection of clothes that fit my kids (ages 10, 12, 14, and 15), particularly the 12 and 15 year old girls - too trendy and revealing for me. I also question why there are constant sales and the only reason I come up with is they mark everything up to run their sales. How else would they stay in business?

I agree.

I think Kohls is like JCPenny. Their "normal" prices are outrageous, so they'll have a 40% off sale to make it seem like you're getting a good deal, but really you're paying what you would in any other store.

They have some cute things, but honestly I get better deals at Macys.

It is so bad that I am a shopaholic and frequently get $5 or $10 coupons for Kohls but can't find a single thing in the store to buy with it!

I like the housewares, pillows and name brand clothes (Carters, Osh Kosh, etc). Great socks for DH. I don't buy many clothes for DD and I. Love the online ordering, they always seem to have free shipping codes and extra discounts.

I too feel their normal prices are high and will only shop there when I get a 30% off coupon, then shop the 70% or 80% racks.

Mixed feelings about Kohls. I basically think they are overpriced for the most part, and then once in a while I hit a good sale. I like it for guys clothing, not so much for me, but I do like their brand of jeans. (Sonoma) Kids clothes are decent too. Housewares are pricy and you can hit a better sale at Macys or Sears. Shoes are ok, but usually good styles run out in my size (7.5) rather quickly. Toys I don't buy there as you can pay tons less at Target or Walmart.

There are 2 Kohls near me. One is super duper neat and organized, and the other is a wreck where the clothing is NEVER the same size as indicated on the hanger tag, which is what is easiest to spot. In addition, there are always long lines in this one.

I absolutely - completely - totally hate to shop. But I can tolerate Kohls when I'm forced to buy something.

Kinda like Penneys..every week is the SALE OF THE CENTURY BEST EVER!!! Really..all they do is pretend the price on their stuff is the price because it is always 'on sale'. I wait until things go to clearance racks..then they are really on sale :)

I have 10,000 points accumulated in my Thank you Rewards, and we are getting a Kohls here in late September. I've never been in one, but I've seen the commercials, and it looks like a place I could get clothes for my 3 girls and myself. Just wondered what you all thought of the place. If it's just okay, I'll get a Walmart card.

Thanks!!

I'm not a big fan of Kohls. their quality stinks. I don't have little ones so it's important that the clothes I buy last a few years since no one is really growing any more.

So, last year I brought 6 polos short sleeve shirts for my sons. Basic colors. 2 red, 2 white and 2 black. Got a fabulous price for them. I think 7 bucks. Ok after one washing the blacks faded to the point of dull grey and each and every shirt shrunk. Took the shirts back and Kohls was great in exchanging them. I got an entire new 6 shirts and once again, after one washing, they were horrible. Back to Lands end shirts. yeah they are twice the price but they last 4X's as long.

2nd experience. Brought some cotton/percales bed sheets. after one washing the fitted sheet shrank. I made certain to wash them in cold and line dry them. way more work than I would do with better quality material.

If I want a cheap shirt that I only need to wear for 1 week, Kohls is the place or if I'm getting some thing for a toddler who will outgrow it in one season but other than that I t hink their stuff is total junk.

I don't like Kohls' clothing (fit or quality), but I do like their selection of housewares and decorative items. I also like their fashion jewelry selection. My boyfriend likes some of their clothes.

Kohl's, how I :love: thee, let me count the way....

1. AWESOME customer return policy. Especialy if you have Kohl's card. But even if you don't you can return anything, anytime, no hassle. If you have a Kohl's card you don't even need the receipt.
2. :love: that they stack coupons. I can use a Discover Card $10 of $30 coupon and a newspaper $10 of $30 coupon and a $5 of $5 coupon I got directly from Kohls all on the same $30 purchase. Two weeks ago I scored almost $35 worth of sale and clearance items for $5.23.
3. :love: there clothes! I always get compliments on the tops I buy from there. I'm pear shaped and I love the selection of peasant type tops that they have that accentuate my waist and flow over my wide hips. I've only had a problem with 2 tops (and I've bought a LOT). They were below quality and looked picky after 3 washes, returned no problem! Also, bought a pair of sunglasses there, broke, returned, got new pair, broke, returned, won't buy those anymore.
4. :love: that I can shop on-line, usually get free shipping, use discount code and can now use Kohl's cash on-line too. I rarely have time to try on clothes so shopping on-line is the best. Anything that doesn't fit, I just return to the store.
5. :love: that Discover has $50 Kohl's gift cards that you can purchase for $45 worth of rewards dollars. I hardly spend any money out of pocket.

I *usually* love Kohls. My only problem is finding clothes for my DD7.5 in the winter. She wears between a 7/8 and 10/12, so that means shopping in the 7-14 section. The clothes they stock in that section I feel are a bit old for a 7 year old, and it was even worse last year when she was only 6. In the summer the clothes are much better - I got her a bunch of shorts, tanks, and dresses this summer CHEAP, and I am very happy with them. But outfits in the winter are hard.

Otherwise...love the place. For me, DD5, and the house. Love stacking those discounts too! Kohls cash rules!

I shopped at Kohls for my daughters when they were younger. The younger daughter is bigger than my older daughter. One year both cried in the dressing room. The younger one was upset she had to shop in juniors and the older one was upset she was still in kids :rotfl:

Never buy unless it is on sale though. There are sales every week so if you wait it will be on sale.

I'm a sale shopper and do quite well at Macy's with their sales in conjunction with their coupons, so maybe it will be the same there according to all your comments. It may be one of those places I have to stop by frequently to get anything - kind of like our Ross Store. Rarely do I find anything there, but once in awhile, I end up with a large sack for my DD14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter