What Disney is trying to do.

Yes, it shows you their priorities. Had CSR not been such a successful convention location and been slightly removed from parks ... I don't think that tower would have been a hotel.

I still don't understand what the DVC "level" will be for CBR being attached to a moderate ... and the least popular one at that. AND what about this supposed Epcot "hotel" that will be built ............. will it be a hotel?
By routing more conventions to CSR they can sunset the Contemporary Center and build another near-park tower. BLT2.

By routing more conventions to CSR they can sunset the Contemporary Center and build another near-park tower. BLT2.

I have heard that, and honestly as old as that space is, and as valuable the land is ... another tower with TPV makes perfect sense.

I think CSR stays pretty busy, and I've read about the new dining, lawn and patio space ... are they also adding indoor space for them?

CSR is my favorite moderate but I have a feeling the atmosphere may completely change after all this is done. :sad1:

I have heard that, and honestly as old as that space is, and as valuable the land is ... another tower with TPV makes perfect sense.

I think CSR stays pretty busy, and I've read about the new dining, lawn and patio space ... are they also adding indoor space for them?

CSR is my favorite moderate but I have a feeling the atmosphere may completely change after all this is done. :sad1:
I think there are to be more breakout spaces in the new tower as well. Don't overcommit me to that.

They also just did work on the YC/BC center. It is to be their high-end/premier space.

Also the hotels on hotel plaza Blvd and Four Seasons. Disney is probably regretting allowing these third party company's to build on there property so now they want to attempt to break into that market by building this tower hotel
The HPB hotels have been there over 25 years. I think the first edition of The Unofficial Guide I read was 1992 or 1994, and, while some properties change hands (Holiday in was a Fairfield Inn, and originally a Howard Johnson), and at least some of these were in that book.

I'm sure once Disney finds a way to shore up the land between the Contemporary and Poly/Ticket Center that is cost effective, we will see another DVC or Deluxe resort being built. They have been testing that land for years and its prime Lakefront Property

I'm sure once Disney finds a way to shore up the land between the Contemporary and Poly/Ticket Center that is cost effective, we will see another DVC or Deluxe resort being built. They have been testing that land for years and its prime Lakefront Property

Especially since it was intended to have a resort on it from the earliest planning days back in the 70’s.

but are there too many people vs parks?

They have actually been there at least 35 years.

The HPB hotels have been there over 25 years. I think the first edition of The Unofficial Guide I read was 1992 or 1994, and, while some properties change hands (Holiday in was a Fairfield Inn, and originally a Howard Johnson), and at least some of these were in that book.

but are there too many people vs parks?
That maybe a possibility but If it is a DVC resort and given the trend on how quickly MK park view DVCs have been going up and both speed and price, I am sure that is something Disney will rectify or ignore as long as they can get the 90 percent occupancy . As it is we still have no idea how viable or cost effective it currently would be to build on that slab of land. It could be another 10 to 30 years before Disney determines it would be a cost effective project to undertake, who knows its just speculation.

Part 3.

3. Disney Star Wars Hotel
Disney Star Wars hotel will be a new type of resort experience, you being in the resort will be the equivalent of being in a park. This hotel will allow you to do missions and go on adventures through the hotel to become a Jedi. The YouTube channel Rob Plays made a good video discussing the hotel. He did a way better job then I probably would so I recommend everyone you people reading this should watch that at:
I will sum up that video to make it quick. For one this could possibly replace the idea of a theme park in general and that if you wanted to fill out all the missions your hotel storyline gives you, you may not need to go to the parks. This hotel will be like a cruise as it is all inclusive on the hotel grounds and Star Wars Land similar to the way a everything on the cruise is on the boat and Castaway Cay. Another point was the price and that since this experience is comparable with a cruise the price will likely have 4 digits.
If this is as amazing as folks are thinking it will be, it will be worth the $! I wonder if it's going to be similar to a LARP...it would be cool if people could dress up as part of their experience.

So, it's Disney's problem that you're irresponsible with your money, and you want them to enable this further with a resort to your liking that's actually less expensive than All-Stars? :charac2: ALL Disney resorts are significantly overpriced, because you're paying a premium based on being "on-property", All-Stars included. Disney structures the entire value category such that the room rates are the lowest possible given the market.
I don't think the less expensive resorts are tacky. I love Pop Century and totally appreciate being onsite as part of the experience. I've stayed at the Polynesian, and other than a much more elaborate lobby, there was nothing I feel I'm missing by staying at a Value resort.

Just wow. I can't imagine being triggered as such. I'd have to never leave my house, much less frequent an internet forum.

OP-I would have agreed with you about the roach-invested Values,but,at least to me,the recent addition of Indoor Plumbing really moved the needle.

It's disappointing to see Disney move away from immersion/theming with their hotels. I know the Star Wars hotel is a special case/exception. I'm talking about the blandness of the new Coronado tower, the Riveria Resort, and the new hotel being planned at DLR. Part of what makes Disney stand out from luxury hotels was being immersed in that Disney-style environment and all the fine details within it. I'd take staying at an aging Grand Floridian over those hotels.

no you can't
This is a value resort and this is 129 dollars not 90 dollars. Not a moderate resort at all. Where did you even get that idea

Sorry, your information is simply incorrect. It has been many years since you could get a $90 rate at a moderate. The cheapest rack rate room at any moderate on any night is value season at $187 a night. The lowest rack rate for any value is $97 and that rate is literally only available on 8 nights in 2018. Your listing of rates is way too low for Disney hotels. Even your deluxe rates are way off. This has all of the 2018 rates.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates.htm

Simply put these types of properties are flourishing because people are demanding more amenities from even Disney value resorts. If Disney was so against the Springs area properties I doubt they would have given them 60 day FP and EMH access.

I hope so! Can’t wait to be able to book my $75 room! :upsidedow

Heck, is even a campsite $75 or less these days?

I actually got POFQ at $82/nt last August. Booked a last minute trip to take advantage of it.

ETA: this is obviously not the norm, but wanted to share it can happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter