What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Today I made chili, that’s for tomorrow. The zucchini lasagna was much better today since I had drained all liquid before storing it last night.

Last edited:
I am asking for suggestions to make it less watery. We enjoyed it….but really, something needed to be done about liquid in pan from the zucchini. I let it sit to firm up, but it was sitting in way too much liquid!
I make zucchini lasagna when I miss a squash and it grows huge. I've generally cut it into thin strips, did the salting and drying thing, then grilled the strips over medium low heat on the grill to dry them out more. Sometimes the very inner part of the squash needs to be removed if the seeds are overwhelming, but not always.

I made eggplant parmesan today with some garden produce. It came out really good considering we were out of mozzarella (used a small amount of swiss) and I only had Kraft green container cheese instead of real parm. Shockingly fine. The meat was from a leftover turkey burger, I used old leftover san marzano tomatoes, and made my breadcrumbs from some stale hamburger buns. Truly a "clean the fridge out" meal.

I drove through McDonalds and baked fries and chicken nuggets in my air fryer when I got them home. I couldn't believe how much those 75 seconds improved my takeout!!! I was kind of late to the airfryer party because the first one I bought had a tiny drawer and huge footprint--to me it wasn't worth it. Decided to give it a second try a few months ago, and I'm sold :thumbsup2

Quesadillas for the grandkids for dinner.

The other day my adult son sent me a recipe he saw on Tik Tok that was a box of strawberry cake mix and 2 cups of applesauce. Mix together and put batter in donut pans. When cooled dip the donuts in melted vanilla frosting and add sprinkles. Well, it was easy enough to make (except for the frosting) but I did not like the texture at all. Very gummy. I think if I was to try it again I would add an egg or 2 to make it less gummy. Also the mix I used had a strong fake strawberry taste. Because the donuts were not firm they did not hold up well when dipped in the melted frosting and kept falling apart.

I may try again with the addition of an egg and use a different cake mix flavor like a spice cake or carrot cake and use cream cheese frosting.

I make a really good cinnamon spice donut from scratch but it takes some time to do so may try the spice cake mix and add some more cinnamon too.

I am asking for suggestions to make it less watery. We enjoyed it….but really, something needed to be done about liquid in pan from the zucchini. I let it sit to firm up, but it was sitting in way too much liquid!
:idea: If you haven't tried this already, think about making your next batch with the oven-ready lasagna noodles that you layer into the pan uncooked. They require extra liquid in the recipe to get them properly tender and soak up quite a bit.

:idea: If you haven't tried this already, think about making your next batch with the oven-ready lasagna noodles that you layer into the pan uncooked. They require extra liquid in the recipe to get them properly tender and soak up quite a bit.
Well, when I use zucchini in lasagna it is a replacement for the noodles.
Not sure if that was the case with Bobbi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter