What Carb Level is Good For You?

jemswillam

Earning My Ears
Hello Everybody
I want to share something with you.

Anyone who looks into low-carb diets will see that a range of carbohydrate reduction is recommended by different diets. In order to get the benefits of cutting back on carbs, which is the best approach? It certainly can be puzzling for those who are trying to find the best way for their bodies to eat.

The fact is that there is no one carb level that will be best for everyone. Atkins talked about "metabolic resistance", others talk about "sugar sensitivity" or "carbohydrate tolerance". They all essentially are driving at the same thing.

Different bodies have different abilities to handle carbohydrate, and the trick is to figure out what is best for your body. Most of the reduced-carb diets try to address this issue by offering ways to better individually customize the diet.

The older I get, the more sensitive I am to sugars and refined carbs. In my twenties, I could eat what I liked, as much as I liked, without weight gain. Then, wham!, in my thirties that all changed. Now, in my mid-forties, sugar-alcohols in the "sugarless" gum will make me higher than a kite and I can't tolerate any sugar substitute than raw stevia powder.

Despite this, my blood sugar levels always test as within the normal range and I am neither diabetic or pre-diabetic. But I've learned that I will have to limit my sugar intake to real fruit eaten with a protein.

Every body is different, and some can definitely lose and maintain weight with a total calories in, calories out approach. But not me, it's definitely the type of calories taken in that makes the difference in weightloss, maintenance, and how I feel.

Laurie

I eat a lot of carbs. I love them. But the types of carbs I choose makes a big difference. Whole grains with lots of fiber and fruits. I don't eat anything "white" anymore. I am a slow oxidizer, I break down proteins very slowly, so I eat less proteins and more carbs and veggies. I lost 50 lbs on WW by doing so, and am back on track to lose the other 50.

Everyone has to do what works for them, and as a runner, I need more complex carbs with protein (peanut butter and eggs preferably).

I know a lot of people who have done well with Atkins or South Beach, but neither plan worked for me. I gained weight with Atkins, I was never "satisfied" when eating a meal.

I am going to be diabetic in my lifetime due to genetics/family history and I had gestational diabetes while pregnant. But I can put it off by losing the weight. My blood sugars are all normal when tested, so at this point, I keep on doing what I need to do to lose weight.

I just gave up sugar, flour etc and I can't believe how the pounds are falling off. I can have certain fruits, oatmeal and rice. I wish I was someone who could have the pasta etc but I am just so happy that I am finally losing weight!!

I am not counting my calories and just having all I want/need of certain foods and it is working for me. I also have meats, certain veggies & nuts & beans, oils, spices.

I fall on the eat good carbs and don't worry about how many camp. I try to eat whole clean foods that are whole grains and not processed.

Can I have the source the original post comes from. My darling other doesn't believe me and thinks a calorie is a calorie. thanks

I am definitely sensitive to hi glycemic foods.

Last week I went to the movies and took peanuts in the shell instead of popcorn. I lost weight the next morning!

If I cut sugars and white flour, I lose weight

So far 5 pounds and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow!:thumbsup2

I am basically doing a combination of plans like the op stated and I skipped the induction phases because I want to eat normally and not feel so restricted. My combo is Atkins, Fat flush, and South Beach. As long as I keep it low glycemic I feel better and slimmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!