What are your rules on Travel?

Fair point, though with the exception of Jet Blue I feel as though you just described domestic air travel in general.

Edit - so crazy but minutes after I posted this I see a note on my Spirit app (I'm waiting to board) saying Spirit and Jetblue are merging. Which makes me sad because I like both of them separately. I have a feeling this is going to bring on the wrong kind of changes, where Jetblue starts playing the nickel and dime game, eg charging for a printed boarding pass, while getting rid of the best Spirit a la carte perks, like the big front seat, to make way for traditional first class. And I would imagine they retire the aging, roomier Spirit fleet so they can deliver the tighter, yet fully wired, experience Jetblue is famous (infamous?) for.
JetBlue has seats with extra legroom, "a la carte" as well, which lets you brig a carryon if you pay Blue basic to start. Printing boarding passes at home/at hotel solves the fee, which I've never heard of, BTW. JetBlue never seems "tight" to me, compared to some American and Delta tin cans I've flown in. I'm thinking JetBlue will just take over the Spirit gates and routes, and there will be no more Spirit.

And I think the “have you ever eaten food from a different cuisine in another country” question is so funny-like are we surprised that there are restaurants in the US that serve food that isn’t “American food”?
I don't think people are surprised those restaurants exist. It's whether you eat at them or not.
Moliphino is correct. Fortunately many people seemed to get it, and they provided some interesting answers. Some that made me hungry too.

That said, Limace, you came close to uncovering the true message underlying my oh-so cryptic post: “DR___ ___E OV_____E”

JetBlue has seats with extra legroom, "a la carte" as well, which lets you brig a carryon if you pay Blue basic to start. Printing boarding passes at home/at hotel solves the fee, which I've never heard of, BTW. JetBlue never seems "tight" to me, compared to some American and Delta tin cans I've flown in. I'm thinking JetBlue will just take over the Spirit gates and routes, and there will be no more Spirit.
Big front seat isn't just more let room, it's wider, by a lot. For only an extra $50‐$100! And feel more spacious than any other seat that cheap because you don't have anyone smack next to you. If those are taken, the exit row on a lot of Spirit flights gives you a ton of leg room because they've removed a row in front of them.

Still, the regular economy seat is a better overall experience on JetBlue so this will probably be better for most Spirit customers, but for those like me who try to take advantage of Spirit's upgrades whenever feasible it would be a loss, as no other airline offers that kind of space at so little cost.

I won't do more than one layover and it has to be less than two hours.

We also don't argue with our kids unless they're being completely unreasonable. You don't feel like eating dinner but still want dessert? Okay. You want to ride that more than once even if it means missing something else? No problem. It's their vacation too.

We also don't argue with our kids unless they're being completely unreasonable. You don't feel like eating dinner but still want dessert? Okay. You want to ride that more than once even if it means missing something else? No problem. It's their vacation too.
I like these. We also don't make a fuss when ours spend lots of time during the trip playing video games - which they could just as easily do at home. I remember doing the same at that age rather than looking out the window at scenery, and the trips still made a big impact on me. Want to lie in bed on the Disney cruise playing a video game rather than hang out in the kids club? Fine by us! (And also likely saved us from the stomach bug that went around our last cruise).

In the current environment, no flying, only driving.
amen to that. Severely limits me as I live in a huge state that takes 8 hrs to get out of - but no way I'm getting on a plane with what I'm seeing.

Though apparently France is cutting down, they used to have one of the higher percentages of smokers: I guess the cigarette smoke compliments the French motif? That's a good excuse.

I noticed a lot of people smoking when I was in Tokyo but the French cafe was the only restaurant I went to that had a smoking/non smoking section. I guess you're right LOL. I haven't been to Paris in about 10 years but I noticed a lot of smoking, even in Disneyland Paris.
Paris was an absolute smoker's paradise. :smokin: But even where smoking sections were offered, we just couldn't be comfortable smoke indoors. It's been 20 years since that was done anywhere here, including our own houses. :o

amen to that. Severely limits me as I live in a huge state that takes 8 hrs to get out of - but no way I'm getting on a plane with what I'm seeing.
I'm in California. It is a 14 hour drive from the Oregon/California border to the California/Mexico border.

Though apparently France is cutting down, they used to have one of the higher percentages of smokers: I guess the cigarette smoke compliments the French motif? That's a good excuse.
I was in Paris this Summer. I don’t recall seeing anyone smoking inside anywhere. I was mainly in the tourists areas though and we stayed at the Hyatt. It seemed like everyone there was American.
The airport was insane. They aren’t joking when the say arrive 4 hours before your flight.

There is always more money coming in. My mental health has a finite capacity. I will no longer subject myself to additional hassle in the name of money. The savings is never even close to being worth it, and besides, flying out of LAX for me means a higher parking/transportation bill to get there. I can Uber from here to SNA for like $15.
My family is 10 minutes from SNA so I always fly in there. It’s a very easy airport to. fly in and out of. It just doesn’t have a lot of flights.
I left OC when I was 26 so I didn’t have a lot of money for traveling as a young adult anyway. I live close to a major hub that’s easy to get too so now so traveling is easy.

I was in Paris this Summer. I don’t recall seeing anyone smoking inside anywhere. I was mainly in the tourists areas though and we stayed at the Hyatt. It seemed like everyone there was American.
The airport was insane. They aren’t joking when the say arrive 4 hours before your flight.
I'm not sure if it's allowed inside anymore. I was there in May/June, plenty of smoking outside but I didn't see any inside.

Whether it's a short weekend trip or a big family vacation, each day we try to write everything we did that day on a postcard, and then we mail it home. Sometimes I'm writing a couple days later to catch up, and then sending two or three home at once, but it's fun to look at them years or even decades later.

Whether it's a short weekend trip or a big family vacation, each day we try to write everything we did that day on a postcard, and then we mail it home. Sometimes I'm writing a couple days later to catch up, and then sending two or three home at once, but it's fun to look at them years or even decades later.
That is an amazing idea!!!!

Never order Nachos or salsa in London or most countries in Europe. I've lived in the Southwest all my life so...

No Airbnbs.
If possible clear customs in first leg of flight.
No chain restaurants.
Take local transit to experience the actual city.
If possible eat breakfast/coffee in room to save time and money.
Try someplace new each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter