What are your favourite rides as an adult?

Crazy answer but my favorite is Le Impressions de France... Takes my breathe away with camera work and the music almost makes me want to cry because it is so beautiful. I wish more guests would give this attraction a visit because it is a seated Soarin experience almost and deserves to be ranked higher .
Plus the bakery at the exit . What more can you ask for in this lifetime!

My absolute favorites are Tower of Terror and FOP. Also love Space Mtn. Have only been on Rise of the Resistance once, it could become a favorite in time. (Also love the Harry Potter rides at Universal, especially Hagrid's) Have no need to ever ride the Little Mermaid one again, and we just walk into the gift shop to go to the aquarium at Epcot.

Crazy answer but my favorite is Le Impressions de France... Takes my breathe away with camera work and the music almost makes me want to cry because it is so beautiful. I wish more guests would give this attraction a visit because it is a seated Soarin experience almost and deserves to be ranked higher .
Love the music too. Scenes are a bit outdated but it is a great place to sit and cool down and relax.

I only have one ride I repeat - ToT. We have been known to get off and on that over and over and over and over again. We tend to not ride a lot of the kids rides like Dumbo but do ride Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Slinky Dog, Mine Train. We don't ride any of the rough roller coasters like RNRC, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, EE because my son has nerve damage in his spinal cord and those hurt. Oh, and I love me some People Mover, Living with Land and CoP.

Part of the reason I am so excited for my upcoming solo trip is for the attractions I don't usually do because my thrill seeking 8 year old doesn't want to slow down enough to do them. I just came back to this thread and made a list of several things I have never done in my previous trips! Thanks, everyone.

I first went to WDW when I was 26 (Dec 1989) and didn't go back until I was 41 in 2004 and I haven't stopped since, I love nearly all the rides. I've also been to DL and DLRP. I love the rides in DL best, I purchased the Maxpass and it was money well spent, I did Guardians of The Galaxy over and over, as soon as I used the maxpass I'd immediately get another one while waiting to go into The Collector's room, there was availability immediately because so few people would pay for the maxpass. I did it 6 times in a row before I thought I might be overdoing it. I also love Radiator Racers and last year I was there early and no one else was using the single rider line, so I managed that four times in a row, heaven! I only don't do DL Splash Mountain because I don't like the vehicle, otherwise that would be an over and over again ride. ToT at DHS is also another over and over again ride and I would do Kilimanjaro Safari all day if I could. I'm hoping to go back to Paris next Spring and do Crush Coaster and their BTMR and PoTC.
I intend to carry on going even if I have to rent a scooter, although I try to keep fit to avoid that ever happening. I have been going solo since 2009 and sometimes I think it would be nice to have my daughter share a trip with me, but, she is one of those who expects to get her way all the time and I don't miss that if I'm honest. Solo trips rock!

I do agree with the reply about the scenes being dated, but, the music is wonderful, the use of Saint Saens' Symphony No 3 excerpt at the end was inspired. I have the music on Four Parks, One World CD, I could play that and Soarin' on a loop all day.

I tend to ride Haunted Mansion over and over in my adulthood, but I've also really grown to love stuff like The People Mover or The Land or any of the trains.

Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, People Mover, Soarin'

I used to love Space Mountain but it feels a lot jerkier now than it did when I was young. I just don't ride it anymore.

Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania, i will ride that till my shoulder/arm falls off. AK - Everest. EPCOT - ??? used to be Maelstrom, now Test Track. MK - is a tough one so many BTMRR, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc etc.

I hope you have as good a trip as I did. We must remember, however, that when I went the first time the place was a whole lot less complicated then it is now. I, like most of the guests, stayed offsite and there was no Fastpass or ADR's. You just went and had a good time. You rode what you wanted and all had some form of line, but nothing over 30 minutes that I can recall. No massive planning, There were two parks MK and the brand new EPCOT Ctr. Through the years a lot has changed, but many of the attractions that were there then are still there. And there are many new ones plus two more parks, two water parks and an enormous number of hotel rooms.

That said, there is still one thing that you can do that will greatly enhance your trip. Number one... let your inner child come to the surface and two... keep your mind open, exercise the willing suspension of disbelief and just let yourself enjoy things no matter how "corny" you think it might be. It will only be as much fun as you let it be.

They had me at the entrance!
@KellO, I quoted myself to continue my thoughts on the situation. When I was preparing to go the first time I asked a lot of people what were the must see's. I had a list and took it with me. Sometime in the middle of the day, after traveling back and forth across MK several times I threw away the list an just decided to do the one after another in the direction/sequence that we were walking.

I'm so glad I did, because a number of attractions that I loved the most were not on the list at all. If you were like me, you probably think this will be a one and done and there are a lot more things to see then there was back when I went in 1983, but chances are you will be returning at some point so don't feel like you have to do everything on your first trip. As you progress, the more you go the more you tend to set your must see's to a more compact unit, but you never, ever know what you will like or dislike until YOU actually see them. My one and done trip to WDW is now holding at 49 trips (the last one being Sept. 2019). That along with one trip to Disneyland and one trip to Disneyland Paris adds up to a lot more then one and done. Don't limit yourself, relax and enjoy everything no matter how silly it seems.

The first time I was there was 1983. I was an adult already with two kids in tow. My favorite ride then remains the same since then and it is Spaceship Earth. I like others a lot, but hate the lines. Otherwise my favorite would be Haunted Mansion.

There are obviously some rides that are more suited to tiny children but I'm curious what would be the rides you'd choose to go on repeatedly on an adult-only trip.
AK - FOP and Safari
MK - SDMR, BTMRR
EP - Soarin, Test Track
HS - ToT, TSMM

I've only been as an adult and all of our trips are adult-only trips. 😂 If I had to make a list of my favorite rides I always look forward to riding, they would be...

ToT, RnRC, HM, EE, BTMRR, FoP, Soarin', SM, KS, and Spaceship Earth

Although I go on lots of rides for nostalgic reasons and to immerse myself in all things Disney, my favourite rides for pure enjoyment are FOP, ToT, RnRC and Soarin. I haven't been to WDW since ROTR opened so I'm sure that'll be on the list once I have the pleasure.

@KellO, I quoted myself to continue my thoughts on the situation. When I was preparing to go the first time I asked a lot of people what were the must see's. I had a list and took it with me. Sometime in the middle of the day, after traveling back and forth across MK several times I threw away the list an just decided to do the one after another in the direction/sequence that we were walking.

I'm so glad I did, because a number of attractions that I loved the most were not on the list at all. If you were like me, you probably think this will be a one and done and there are a lot more things to see then there was back when I went in 1983, but chances are you will be returning at some point so don't feel like you have to do everything on your first trip. As you progress, the more you go the more you tend to set your must see's to a more compact unit, but you never, ever know what you will like or dislike until YOU actually see them. My one and done trip to WDW is now holding at 49 trips (the last one being Sept. 2019). That along with one trip to Disneyland and one trip to Disneyland Paris adds up to a lot more then one and done. Don't limit yourself, relax and enjoy everything no matter how silly it seems.
I suspect we'll be doing something similar but I think it's handy to have an idea of what we really want to do, in case it's super busy and we have to prioritise. We've made sure we have at least one full day per resort, plus some extra time to re-visiting, so I'm sure we'll get through a fair amount.

Just finished watching the Imagineers series and that has made me particularly excited. 273 days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!