What are you still salty about?

30 years ago in high school I was on the golf team and we had a big tournament the next so me and another guy played off to see who'd play. We tied so instead of a playoff hole the coach decided since he was a senior he would go. We missed it next year. I'm still bitter 😊

In 3rd grade I used to collect and trade stickers during after school program - one girl offered me $5 for one of my stickers because it smelled like strawberries and I declined the offer because I wanted the sticker.

((slaps forehead)) idiot

That sticker was probably worth 0.10....

My nose for investments hasn't changed much - I feel like that was more of a foreshadowing moment than anything....

11th grade English (Creative writing) teacher who said I couldn't write.
Loved writing throughout school until then.
HIt College and my Professors comments that I was a strong writer.
Been earning my living now for 45ish years writing.

A few years ago, we went to a football game for our alma mater and I saw a baseball cap that I really wanted even though I'm not into caps. It had the words of my favorite school cheer. My DH said it was probably cheaper elsewhere and I could get it at the game. I searched everywhere including the school bookstore and couldn't find that cap.

I was the catcher for a 9,10 year old baseball team and I was the only catcher the team had. One day another kid comes up and tells the coach he wants to play catcher, so the coach decides that we will share the role. The first game after this happened was against the number 1 team in our district. We have a good size lead on them and the coach decides to switch us out and guess what.... we lost. The kid was not very good and was dropping the ball numerous times as runners were coming home. I've never been more mad.

My elementary school best friend was into allll the sports and got popular as we went through school so by middle school she was super cool and I was....not.... She got a new BFF and they would pass a notebook between periods each day with all the coolest daily gossip. I wasn't privvy to such a cool book but new bestie (who did *not* like me) decided I would make a good errand girl and could pass the notebook to my friend since she was leaving for the day....on the premise that I DID NOT read it. Oh- sure! Scouts honor :rolleyes1 :teeth:! I beelined it to the bathroom with the top secret book only to turn to the first page and have it be about me "linzjane88's hair is SO ugly. Why doesn't she do anything with it. She doesn't even try!".

Reading the notebook was no longer as fun as I thought it would be . :guilty:

Teenagers are jerks :laughing:!

In 1994, I had some cash that was given to me as a pre-inheritence tax thing, and I jokingly talked about buying stock in a company like Apple,
But instead of that, I bought a jet ski. Granted, that thing was a lot of fun, but 5,000 shares of Apple stock would have made my life quite different today!

When I was 45 I finally got the convertible I always wanted. No need for bigger car to haul kids & their junk around, I was free! Only one I ever wanted. I loved it. LOVED IT. Stupid kid on his phone rear ended me.
Rolled his jeep - he was fine, ended up being the 3rd car he wrecked.
My car was totaled - I was fine.
My car could not be replaced. Don't make it anymore. It's been almost 3 years I think, I'd like to kick that dumb kid in the shins I'm still so pissed at losing my car.
Now I'm in a boring old mid size SUV because I was so enthused about looking for a new car I just took whatever.
I'm talking hard top with a second seat you could actually fit people into....I loved that car.

The fact that I had to wait until age 10 to get a "10 speed bike" back in the late 80s, like my big sister before me.

And THEN while we were at the toy store so I could pick it out, my LITTLE 8 year old sister threw an absolute fit about how she wanted one too and it wasn't FAIR that she couldn't get one that day. My parents gave in and let her pick out a bike as well. Burned me up so bad back then and I'm still salty about it over 30 years later.

Seems childhood bike envy is a recurring thing. After watching my older sister receive brand new bikes as gifts on two separate occasions, I was a bit disappointed when I was gifted a used bike. Still glad to have a bike at all, but wondered why I didn't rate.

When one of my friends had a birthday, my mom would take me to the toy store to pick out a Barbie or Cabbage Patch Kid as their present.. My “Barbie“ and “Cabbage Patch Kid“ were from the dollar store. When I played dolls with my friends, I hated bringing mine.

*My grandmother believed a lie my sister told on me and I wasn't allowed to go to the drive-in movie as a result. Almost FIFTY YEARS AGO :P

*I was made to trade bikes with my sister on Christmas morning because she threw a fit over wanting my purple sparkle banana seat. My parents tried to convince me that Santa made a mistake, but I knew it was BS. Even so, went along with it to keep the peace. My sister is older, BTW.

*I was never allowed to have Easy Bake Oven despite begging for one three Christmases in a row, because my dad got sick on something my sister made with hers.

I'm not petty enough to dwell on any of this, but certain injustices never leave your memory, if someone asks. I really DID have an amazing, happy childhood. These three incidents were as bad as it got, so I have no complaints.

November of 2019 while I was in surgery my aunt blew up my moms phone instead if getting the hint that she was not available

When I was very young one of the day care workers did not believe me when I told her I could not write she made a example of me

Last edited:
In 3rd grade ...
I don't know why your post made me remember something from 3rd grade:

I had a wonderful set of pencils in a cute case /printed with my name on them -- brand new, probably a dozen. I loooovvvvved those pencils. FIRST DAY I HAD THEM a nasty little girl stole them. I knew she had them, but the teacher wouldn't believe me. I begged her to look in the girl's bookbag, but she wouldn't. Even then I understood that she was a kid from a bad family who had everything against her. She was dirty, she did poorly in school, and the teacher didn't want to throw one more thing at her -- but I SAW HER take the pencils. The teacher thought I was assuming that she did it because she was not well liked.

I watched that girl like a hawk every day, hoping she'd use one of my wonderful pencils -- but she was too smart to bring them to school. The majority of my anger was directed at the teacher, who should have been a reasonable adult, rather than the girl who stole them.

Even then I wondered, "Why would she steal pencils with MY name engraved on them?"

The two real kickers: The teacher was my great-aunt, and my mom beat my butt for losing the lovely new pencils. I did not often get in trouble when it wasn't my fault -- in fact, that's about the only time I can remember -- but this one wasn't on me.

Dirty Ruth from 3rd grade, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!

Last edited:
In 10th grade, during Spring Break, I waited all day on the blistering hot sand to be in the front row to see The Outfield in concert. I brought my camera and got the best pictures of all the band members posing for me at different points during the show. I took the pictures to school after they were developed and someone stole them from my gym locker, negatives and all. Still salty to this day!

Last edited:
When I was little, like 3 or 4, my cousin said we were allowed to play with our great grandma's make up and perfume. Well we did, and get got caught. My cousin told everyone I said we should do it. So I got the spanking and she got off scott free! :mad: My mom believed it was me until very recently. I am now 40! :scared1:I had to remind her that I was never like that, and my cousin always was getting me into trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter