What are you still salty about?

My kindergarten teacher who told me to "Shut up and sit down" when I told her that I was sick and didn't feel well. I had strep.

The boy who sat behind me in summer school before 10th grade during our driver's ed class...and he'd partied too much the night before. While we all watched some driver's ed video in class with the lights out, he puked all over his desk and it splattered all over the back of my shirt. I got to ride the bus home with a pukey shirt. For the entire rest of high school, he and his friends would regularly sneak up behind me in the hallway and freak me out by making very realistic barfing noises.

My mom was an elementary school teacher, so I was a little ahead of the game when I started school. In first grade, they were handing out a wire with counting beads (think primitive abacus) and they were one short, so the teacher took mine and gave it to another child, and told me I didn’t need it. It created a lifelong hatred of mathematics, to this day.

We had to write a short story in 8th grade English class. Mine was about a boy who was being harassed by a gang of kids. His mother kept asking him to go to the store for her, and he tried to make up excuses because he was afraid of running into the gang along the way. Once they grabbed the eggs he bought and threw them at him as he ran away. One day the gang leader's sister was crossing a street and a car was speeding toward her. The boy pushed her out of the way and saved her from being hit. From then on, the gang respected him and left him alone. The story was a complete masterpiece and I was excited to get it back to see my grade.

The teacher gave me a B+ and wrote, "Are you sure this isn't West Side Story?" No Mrs. Whatever-Your-Name-Was! It was not West Side Story! There was only one gang. There was no romance. The Sharks killed Tony because he messed around with Maria. Only then did they feel badly. My character never even saw the sister until he saved her life. Just because my story included a gang doesn't mean it was copied! What if my story was about a tornado and set in Kansas? Would she say I plagiarized The Wizard of Oz? Geez!

OK, I feel a little better after that rant. But I still deserved an A!

My case is not so nostalgic, but my father and I had a lot of valuable stuff stolen from a storage unit years ago. They even busted the lock and replaced it with their own. The police likely did little about the case. At times I've concocted a cockamamie scheme of renting a decoy unit to catch the thieves via camera and/or plant hidden GPS trackers in some containers. That day I discovered the theft was like a kick in the gut.

(Granted, my father opted to rent from a cheap place with easy access and no security. I've since rented with a company that's far more secure, and have had no robberies since.)

In 8th Grade I was placed into advanced math and science classes which, we found out later, was a feeder program into a new advanced math/science program in the high school that got a the best teachers that the school had. Unfortunately, my father ended up battling a brain tumor for that entire school year (he survived though had a paralyzed vocal cord for the rest of his life). So obviously, school was not as much of a priority that year. Still did fine, but didn't qualify for the advanced program.

But because I did the advanced program in 8th, I was placed a year ahead in math and science all through High School. So instead of being in a class with the best 9th graders and teachers the district had, I was in regular 10th grade classes with......not so good teachers and students that didn't care and were overly disruptive.

Whole process ended up costing me an extra year in college due to being forced to change majors after flunking a couple courses due to not being as prepared as I could have been. Still paying that extra $20K off to this day.......

Horizons being demolished at EPCOT instead of updating it

Well, the building supposedly had some structural issues so they might have still had to demolish it - but if they had rebuilt something similar, a Horizons 2.0 or something, that would have been nice.

Still pretty ticked that my dad wouldn't take out any parent loans to help me pay for college. My mom wasn't around then and I was super shy and didn't know who to talk to so I didn't go to college.
Have a decent job that pays the bills and for travel but I don't have a "career" that I can be proud of.

Also, the ending to Lost will make me mad forever.

A couple from child...

In kindergarten, I was tiny for my age. Normally for story time or things on the rug, I liked to be up front because I could not see otherwise. I had one time I went to the bathroom around the time of story time and when I came back, I tried to get up towards the front. I got yelled at about it and told to sit in the back. So then I could not see and was not paying attention, so I got yelled at again. Still angers me...

And then in 7th & 8th grade, I had an English teacher who loved poetry. Like ridiculously so. She decided to teach grammar via poetry --- yeah, that did not work for me, I had to get the workbook and figure things out that way. So as we neared graduation, she told me that I was not a creative person because I did not understand poetry. Here's the thing, I was a figure skater --- it takes a different form of creativity to be able to go out on the ice and do an artistic program. My coaches cornered the teacher at graduation and gave her a piece of their minds about that topic.

Receiving donation solicitations from my law school addressed to Mr. and Mrs husband even though he did not attend the school and I make donation decisions. And decided they don't get a donation and sent an email to the Dean outlining why.

Having to share my birthday cakes/parties with my brother who birthday was 2 days before mine when I was a kid (even as an adult I am still not happy having a joint cake!!)

Having to share my birthday cakes/parties with my brother who birthday was 2 days before mine when I was a kid (even as an adult I am still not happy having a joint cake!!)
My daughter, nephew and BIL all share a birthday. We have three cakes to celebrate...

My daughter, nephew and BIL all share a birthday. We have three cakes to celebrate...

When I was younger we each got to pick the kind of cake every other year- on my brothers year he would always pick strawberry shortcake- I hate whipped cream and strawberries so I basically had no cake every other year!

Receiving donation solicitations from my law school addressed to Mr. and Mrs husband even though he did not attend the school and I make donation decisions. And decided they don't get a donation and sent an email to the Dean outlining why.

I stopped donating to my college when they got pushy. I got a call the one year stating I had given $X the last few years and would I consider upping it to $Y that year since I was further out of college. I explained I recently had a job loss and that no donation was in the budget at that point, but I would consider again when I had a new job and was back in a better place financially. Despite that, they kept pushing for a higher donation right on that call. I told them i was never donating again because of that. Now I just toss the mail and ignore their calls. Still annoys me. Oh and some of the mail now asks me to be sure I put the school in my will --- yeah, that is not happening. The 4 years tuition was all they were owed.

Being given a D in 7th grade english because the teacher and my mother had a fight over something job related and completely unrelated to me. If that wasn't bad enough, my mother grounded me for months for the bad grade and didn't tell me about the fight until I was in college.

I stopped donating to my college when they got pushy. I got a call the one year stating I had given $X the last few years and would I consider upping it to $Y that year since I was further out of college. I explained I recently had a job loss and that no donation was in the budget at that point, but I would consider again when I had a new job and was back in a better place financially. Despite that, they kept pushing for a higher donation right on that call. I told them i was never donating again because of that. Now I just toss the mail and ignore their calls. Still annoys me. Oh and some of the mail now asks me to be sure I put the school in my will --- yeah, that is not happening. The 4 years tuition was all they were owed.

I hated getting those calls when I was still paying off my student loans. No, you're not getting anything because I'm still paying off my degree! Now I just don't answer.

In elementary school the one and only time I ever got marked wrong on a spelling test was when I wrote "theatre" instead of "theater". I mean come on, technically I was still right since both spellings are acceptable. But nooo, that's not what the book says, so it's automatically wrong.

One of the biggest (but silly) things I'm still salty about is when the Indiana Jones ride first came out at DL. It had only been open maybe about a month at that point, and we must have waited in line for 3 or 4 hours. But as we were waiting in line, my dad started to get nervous with all the constant warnings about how rough it is and to only ride if you're in perfect health. I have scoliosis and went through multiple surgeries to treat it a few years prior, and my dad has always had a bad back in general. So he waits all the way until we're ABOUT TO BE LOADED IN to finally decide that neither of us should take the risk and that we shouldn't ride. So after all of that waiting and anticipation for the most epic ride Disney has ever created, I had to WALK THROUGH THE JEEP TO THE OTHER SIDE and stood there to wait for my mom to ride. :sad:

So I saw her jeep come out of the ride and she has a smile on her face like I've never seen (a nice thought now but it just made me even angrier at the time, LOL). She comes up and says "Oh, it really wasn't that rough. You could have ridden it." :mad:

Now that was 25 years ago and of course I've ridden Indiana Jones countless times at this point, but I still get mad when I think about that!

Diznygrl, I have spelling related un positive school memory as well. I as a shy kid who did not enjoy being in front of the class. one day my class was having a spelling bee. I remember being excited at my word even though it was hard because I had recently read it in a book so I knew the spelling. Archaeology. WRONG! The teacher insisted there was NO second "A." I am not 100% on this but think I did know at the time the word can be spelled both ways--archaeology and archeology. The last time I read it it had the second "a" that was how I spelled it. I didn't have the courage to tell this to the teacher who was not kind about insisting she was right. Oh well, long over with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter