What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
metalis4ever said:
:thumbsup2 I absolutely love this series, it's such an amazing story and so well written I don't event think about them being 800 pages. I remember saying to myself the first time I read the first book in the series, no wait that can't be it!!!!

How are you enjoying Feast of Crows?

I'm about halfway through it, but am really enjoying it. I started reading these after the 1st season of the HBO show. So i haven't had to wait long to find out "what happens next?". But I'm quite sure the anticipation bug will bite after I eventually get through Dance with Dragons.

Just finished, The Selection, by Kiera Cass. It is a YA novel that's set in a dystopian society with a bachelor reality show twist. It was good!

I just finished Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn which was a really good mystery story and hard to put down. I have some of her other ones downloaded to Kindle also to try.

I loved that book, then got another one by Gillian Flynn called Dark Places, another hard one to put down

Thanks! I will have to try both. I don't believe I've heard of Nancy Thayer but I'm going to check her out!

If someone is looking for lightand fluffy, I've also read Mary Jane Clark's wedding cake series. They are at least well written with fun characters and a mystery to solve. (sounds like Scooby Doo, doesn't it? lol)

HEY...I know you!!!!! Give me a kiss:flower3:

Just finished with The Night Circus and Twenties Girl.

Am in the midst of reading Beach Music based on recommendations here - very interesting and am really enjoying it so far.

Next on my list is Night Strangers, Divergent, and Gone Girl.

And someday I'm going to get to Rush Home Road! Gosh, it's been on my "To Read" list for almost a year now!!

Oh please, read Rush Home Road...I really enjoyed that one and highly recomend it.

I'm reading "The Beach House," my first James Patterson book. I have to say that the style is much different than I thought it would be. For whatever reason, I thought it would be more of a difficult read, but it's really quite easy.

I'm reading Julie of the Wolves. It's a quick read but I'm liking it so far. It's a Newberry awarded book so I'm sure it'll be worth while. :)

I just finished a book that was very interesting and different! It kept me interested throughout, and I did no skipping over boring parts or too-long descriptions like I often do.

See following description:

From newcomer Jordan Crouch and Blake Crouch, author of the Top-10 Kindle-bestsellers Run, Stirred, and Fully Loaded, comes Eerie, a chilling, gothic thriller in the classic tradition of The Shining and The Sixth Sense.

TRAPPED INSIDE A HOUSE

On a crisp autumn evening in 1980, seven-year-old Grant Moreton and his five-year-old sister Paige were nearly killed in a mysterious accident in the Cascade Mountains that left them orphans.

WITH A FRIGHTENING POWER

It's been thirty years since that night. Grant is now a detective with the Seattle Police Department and long estranged from his sister. But his investigation into the bloody past of a high-class prostitute has led right to Paige's door, and what awaits inside is beyond his wildest imagining.

OVER ANYONE WHO ENTERS

His only hope of survival and saving his sister will be to confront the terror that inhabits its walls, but he is completely unprepared to face the truth of what haunts his sister's brownstone.

So, I'm having a really hard time getting into "The Rope Walk." How long do you usually give a book before finally putting it down and choosing something else. For me, it's usually 100 pages, but I'm having a hard time doing that much with this book.

Anyone?

I'm reading a series by Nicky Charles. It is not what I usually read, but I am really enjoying it. If you like reading about werewolves, love stories and mystery... You might like it too. They were free on my Nook.

I think I'm going to go with "Wolf Hall". Its about King Henry VIII. I am fascinated by old England history, especially the Tudors

Any good recommendations for free or very low-cost kindle books? I like mindless romance (Sheryl Woods, Robyn Carr, Claire Cook, Susan Mallery-type); chick-lit of the funny Sophie Kinesella style; and funny cozy mysteries (like Joanne Fluke, Elaine Viets, Donna Andrews, Cynthia Baxter, etc.).

I'm starting Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. :thumbsup2

But I think I want to read something that has to do with London, Ireland, or Scotland. HP doesn't count. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter