What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I last posted here, I've read the following books:

"False Impressions" by Jeffrey Archer
"The Third Secret" by Steve Berry
"The Templar Legacy" by Steve Berry
"And Furthermore" by Dame Judi Dench

Now I'm reading "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" for book club this week.

Not sure what's after that. I've got "Divergent" on my nightstand, and I need to re-read "Huckleberry Finn" for next month's book club. Choices, choices!

Donna,

I REALLY enjoyed "Night Circus". It was unlike any other book I have ever read. Quite different indeed! If you're an eclectic reader, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it.

For beachy escape type stuff, you know you can't go wrong with any of Elin Hilderbrand's books, but I also enjoyed Nancy Thayer's "Moon Shell Beach" and "Beachcombers."

Thanks! I will have to try both. I don't believe I've heard of Nancy Thayer but I'm going to check her out!

If someone is looking for lightand fluffy, I've also read Mary Jane Clark's wedding cake series. They are at least well written with fun characters and a mystery to solve. (sounds like Scooby Doo, doesn't it? lol)

Last week I read "Gerald's Game" by Stephen King. It was decent enough.

Then over the weekend I read "Calico Joe" by John Grisham. I really, really, enjoyed that book. (I'm a huge baseball fan too.)

Not sure where to go next. :confused3

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't read anything that I thought was worth mentioning.

I'm currently reading Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls.

Just finished with The Night Circus and Twenties Girl.

Am in the midst of reading Beach Music based on recommendations here - very interesting and am really enjoying it so far.

Next on my list is Night Strangers, Divergent, and Gone Girl.

And someday I'm going to get to Rush Home Road! Gosh, it's been on my "To Read" list for almost a year now!!

Last night I finished the most difficult book I've ever read - "Outlaw Platoon" by Sean Parnell. One of the girls in our work book club is friends with the author. He served in Afghanistan near the Pakistan border, and wrote this book about what it was like. It is NOT political, just recounts his experience. There were so many times that I wanted to stop reading because I just couldn't handle it, but I forced myself to keep reading. If he could actually LIVE this, then the least I could do was to read about it.

Here's the link to the Barnes & Noble description of the book: Outlaw Platoon.

It is NOT easy to read, but I think it's extremely worthwhile and important to read, to understand what our troops are dealing with.

I liked it, too. Another storyline that was quite different.

Did you see the book trailer.
It is way better than the book, the author directed it and though the book is good, I think it kinda gets outshined by the trailer he made.
Either way the guy is multitalented. Even the video he did of the making of the book trailer is good. He apparently had made a few book trailers before his own.

wvjules said:
I am now reading Harry Potter. I've never read it before. So far so good! :thumbsup2

Im trying so hard right now not to read Harry Potter yet again. I love the series!! I never get tired of it lol

I am reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. so far, so good (although you can tell it is written for an audience slightly - ok, a lot - younger than me) ;)

Currently reading a book called Navy Rules by Geri Krotow. The author is a friend from high school. It is actually a Harlequin book, which I always vowed I would never read!

That being said, it's a light easy romantic beach read. Not sappy & what I thought it would be. I'm actually really enjoying the characters. It was only $4.19 on my Nook. I'd definitely recommend it if you need a light book.

I just finished "Dewey" the book about the Spencer, Iowa library cat. I loved it! It was definitely a 3 hanky book!

Just started "Rope Walk." Hope it's good!

I'm on Feast of Crows right now. This is my first go-around of the series. :)

:thumbsup2 I absolutely love this series, it's such an amazing story and so well written I don't event think about them being 800 pages. I remember saying to myself the first time I read the first book in the series, no wait that can't be it!!!!

How are you enjoying Feast of Crows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter