What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar" by Chris Kanyon and Ryan Clark

Such an amazingly powerful and tragic story so far, everyone should read this book, I was fighting back the tears after a page and a 1/2.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to put it on my wishlist.

Did you end up picking it up? :goodvibes

I finished Mockingjay this morning. A little sad to finish a series that I like. There were other ways the author could have finished it but I liked this one.

I'd say more about the ending but I don't want to spoil it for others just now reading the series.

Finished Rush Home Road this morning. I enjoyed it & would recommend it.

Started Unbroken by Laura Hildebrand. I don't think I've ever read a non-fiction book, but I've heard so many great reviews about Unbroken that I thought I'd give it a shot.

Started Unbroken by Laura Hildebrand. I don't think I've ever read a non-fiction book, but I've heard so many great reviews about Unbroken that I thought I'd give it a shot.

It was difficult to get into the book and the story, but just before the halfway point it really drew me in. I listened to the audiobook and loved it! I don't like stories about war but his story is more than worth the telling. :thumbsup2

Somewhere on this thread someone mentioned a book that they said was similar to Harry Potter.

Does anyone know the name of this book? My DD was asking about it as I had mentioned it to her, but neither one of us can remember the name & I can't seem to find it in this thread.

I started reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It's a book I've put off for awhile because of the size, but have been wanting to finish the series. I'm enjoying being back with Jamie & Claire again though. :thumbsup2

I finished Night Circus and although the plot was a little slow at times the imagery was beautiful. I am now reading Carmelo by Sandra Cisneros.

Finished The Night Circus and just start The Hunger Games trilogy.

I really enjoyed The Night Circus. It was odd, for sure, but I did like it.

I started reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes. It's a book I've put off for awhile because of the size, but have been wanting to finish the series. I'm enjoying being back with Jamie & Claire again though. :thumbsup2

"Finish the series" - HAA!!!!

You do know that she plans on at least two more books to finish out the series, and at the rate the woman writes, it'll be at least 2015-16 before we see the last one? :sad2: Don't get me wrong, I adore this series - own every one in hardcover - but it does frustrate me sometimes how long it takes to get them in my hands. I have to do a re-read every time a new book comes out just to remember where we were and what was happening. But now I have re-read the first few over 6 times!! (The first 3 are my favorites so that's OK though - sometimes I re-read them just for fun...)

Have you read her Lord John Grey series? They are quite good, shorter books, that follow the adventures of John Grey when he is away from the Jamie/Claire storyline. The newest one, The Scottish Prisoner, is a very solid tie-in with the Outlander series, and features Jamie quite a lot. It's set during the times that Jamie was paroled at Helwater, so as long as readers have gotten as far as Voyager, you'll know what's going on. I highly recommend it.

"Finish the series" - HAA!!!!

You do know that she plans on at least two more books to finish out the series, and at the rate the woman writes, it'll be at least 2015-16 before we see the last one? :sad2: Don't get me wrong, I adore this series - own every one in hardcover - but it does frustrate me sometimes how long it takes to get them in my hands. I have to do a re-read every time a new book comes out just to remember where we were and what was happening. But now I have re-read the first few over 6 times!! (The first 3 are my favorites so that's OK though - sometimes I re-read them just for fun...)

Have you read her Lord John Grey series? They are quite good, shorter books, that follow the adventures of John Grey when he is away from the Jamie/Claire storyline. The newest one, The Scottish Prisoner, is a very solid tie-in with the Outlander series, and features Jamie quite a lot. It's set during the times that Jamie was paroled at Helwater, so as long as readers have gotten as far as Voyager, you'll know what's going on. I highly recommend it.

I know what you mean about re reading the books. When my dad first gave me Outlander, she had the first 4 books out. So I blazed through those and loved them all. For me, the hardest part was the first 250 pages of Dragon Fly in Amber (book 2), I found it slow and very dry. But other than that, I really enjoyed the first 4. So I gave my dad for Christmas The Fiery Cross when it came out. He started to read it and he said he couldn't get into it, said it was slow. So I kept putting that book off. When I finally said "I'm gonna read it", I had to go back and re read the first 4 again to remember everything exactly. It is the only time I have ever re read any book. I enjoyed them all just as much the second time.

The Fiery Cross was also a little slow for me to start, probably like the first 500 pages. :scared1: But then I loved the second half of the book.

As far as "finish the series" goes, I mean what she has out so far. :rotfl: That is my plan for this year. I'm starting it off right, and hope to read Echo in a few months from now.

I haven't read any of the Lord Grey books, probably because he isn't really a fav of mine. Your not the first person that has said they are good though, so maybe I will pick one up soon.....first, I got to get through this one. :goodvibes
PS~I see we are neighbors...I'm in Ea. WA. :wave:

Starting Fahrenheit 451 for bookclub. I read it years and years ago in high school, and I am glad to be rereading it and discussing it with the diverse group in the club.

pinnie

I haven't posted here in a long time......but right now I am reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks....great book!!!

I finished 1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber today. I've enjoyed reading her Cedar Cove series.

Waiting for Mockingjay, I am #3 at the library, in the meanwhile reading Dracula (always wanted to) so far pretty interesting.

I haven't posted here much lately, probably because I haven't read much lately and probably because real life got in the way (as it has a tendency to do).

I wanted to come on, though, and thank those of you who recommended Rush Home Road. I downloaded it to my Kindle last week and have barely been able to put it down since. When I started it, I really didn't think it would be my type of book but I am over halfway through now and thoroughly enjoying it :thumbsup2

I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It was definitely different and odd, but it hooked me from the start and I enjoyed it. To make things extra creepy, I had the TV on Antiques Roadshow while I was reading the last of the book. Would you believe that when I glanced up, the guest was showing her collection of "peculiar" photos of circus sideshow people? :eek:

Now I'm finally beginning Little Bee by Chris Cleave which has been on my list for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter