What are you doing with your tax refund?

I promised my brother money towards his wedding so some will be going towards that, and I need a new oven and washer. The rest will go into home repairs and needs. I think Disney will be waiting at least another year. unless I win the lotto.

well, DD came home from school yesterday and said the band was going to atlanta (about 2-2.5 hours from us) for a couple of days (sometime soon, she didn't say exactly when), so i guess we'll be spending a little refund money to go along on that trip.

We are only getting a little back from state, and have to pay into Federal. :(
The good news is that dh didn't get grumpy over the news, and didn't suggest cancelling our November trip to Disney!

college costs/emergency fund ( a plumbing bill and broken gagarge door ate into that)

Paying off one credit card and DH's dental bill. DH needs a new laptop as he uses it for work, so there goes money there.

I live in Canada so I buy metals like silver and rrsps (think they are the same as 401s or whatever u guys got in the states) so i don't have to pay taxes anymore it wasn't even about saving for retirement it was hey I already paid enough taxes jerks. i just reinvest what i get back never spend it on anything but a investment.

I'd be happy if we first get a new fridge for the basement (the old one which came with the house has an unhappy freezer so we don't use the freezer section.) We will probably bank the rest but I have summer classes to pay for and after they're over we're hoping to rent a beach house for a week...we'll see how things look. :thumbsup2

I paid off all my credit cards.. all my husbands credit cards and medical bills, bought some flooring for the house.. and put back a bunch in savings.. all I have left is some student loans.. loving it.. :) Oh yea and disney on ice tickets .. good seats.. :)

i didn't do my taxes yet, but usually get back about 4,000 so i'm hoping its the same this year...

planning on putting 2000.00 into savings for my son's bar mitzvah in 2 yrs and the rest towards our cruise this summer

I guess I'm just boring. I put the check in the bank and treat it like the rest of our money. Nothing fun. Hubby takes out the full amount, so we get about $6000 back each year. I am starting college this summer, so I guess I can say that it's going for that. ;)

My hubby and I usually don't splurge, we just pay an extra car payment or an extra mortgage payment and balance in the bank.......

with the exception that I have always taken anywhere from $200 - $500 just for myself!! WDW vacation money, shoes, clothes......;)

IF our accountant screwed up AND IF we overpaid our quarterly taxes, then any overpayment will be applied to the next quarter's taxes.

There was only one time in all the years that we've been in business that we actually got a refund check. That was the 2009 taxes and it was because out daughter had been in college a full year and revenues had fallen off by 10%. We overpaid by a considerable amount that year and the refund exceeded what we owed for the 2nd quarter of 2010. So we got a check.

There's a small part of me that is jealous of those of you who are getting big refunds. But in my heart, I know that it's either because you gave the government a nice little loan for the year or because your income is so low that you qualify for all kinds of refundable credits. Either way, I'd rather be me owing money at tax time.

I live in Canada so I buy metals like silver and rrsps (think they are the same as 401s or whatever u guys got in the states) so i don't have to pay taxes anymore it wasn't even about saving for retirement it was hey I already paid enough taxes jerks. i just reinvest what i get back never spend it on anything but a investment.

We invest ours as well but investments are not tax free. If you get dividends they are taxed and the profit is taxed the next year or when you sell it respectively.

401Ks have a max you can put away ($16.5K for those who are not 49 when 2011 started and $22K for those over 50 or who were 49 when 2011 started ["catch-up" is $5.5K]) or up to the max your employer allows you to contribute. Say you employer allows 15% and you earn $50K the max is $7.5K plus the "catch-up" if you are eligible.

after i paid the bills i bought airfare to florida in august for 4 1300 live in oregon so not bad price

DH just asked me what I wanted to do with the money a few days ago.

I laughed and reminded him our 5 month old is probably going to need a VP shunt placed.

So my response was "Brain surgery!" and he pouted and said that was no fun.

I told him the "fun" part is that we'll eat dinner out that night someplace new because we'll be in Pittsburgh. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter