What are you doing with your tax refund?

I got more than I expected this year...I bought a home in late 2009 and didn't realize how much mortgage interest can add up! I'm getting married in August this year so my refund, after some goes to savings, is going toward wedding stuff and our disneymoon :love:

should be a new commercial...."You got a tax return...what are you going to do now?" "I'm going to Disney World!" ;) That's where mine is going, probably next year's too! :banana:

I'd love to say it's going to something fun -- but credit card.

sigh.

I've already got state and get federal tomorrow :cheer2:
We bought our house end of last year so:
HOUSE STUFF & BILLS
get propane tank for fireplace
add dish upstairs for kids
pay off blinds on BML
pay electrician to hook up 2 post lights & a motion light outside
bought a shag rug for the living room
pay off dh's dentist bill
make double cc payments this month
pay off smaller dept store cc's
pay car ins for 6 mo
get timing & serp belt changed on car

FUN STUFF
both kids picked a sit down rest to eat at this week
buy waterpark season passes for this summer
long weekend beach trip
Trader Joe's/Outlet Mall/Super Target this Saturday :)

Going to Disney. We don't usually get a refund; we usually have to pay. We had a baby this year and we are getting a refund althouth it isn't a lot but it will help toward our Disney trip.

I've already got state and get federal tomorrow :cheer2:
We bought our house end of last year so:
HOUSE STUFF & BILLS
get propane tank for fireplace
add dish upstairs for kids
pay off blinds on BML
pay electrician to hook up 2 post lights & a motion light outside
bought a shag rug for the living room
pay off dh's dentist bill
make double cc payments this month
pay off smaller dept store cc's
pay car ins for 6 mo
get timing & serp belt changed on car

FUN STUFF
both kids picked a sit down rest to eat at this week
buy waterpark season passes for this summer
long weekend beach trip
Trader Joe's/Outlet Mall/Super Target this Saturday :)

Goodness! Those must be some big refunds coming your way.

I don't know yet if we will owe or get back... we generally try to keep any refunds very low... I think the most we have ever gotten back is around $1000. We prefer it be in the $500. range or less (both state and federal).

anyway, IF it turns out we are gettting anything back, then we will follow the same rule we always do with any "extra" money (refunds, bonus, whatever) we always do something fun with 20% of it, give 10% of it to our church or other charity, and either pay off something(like an annual bill) do a home repair or save the other 70%.

We are going to Disney in April, but thats already paid for.

Not sure if we'll be getting one or not - but if we are it'll go to paying our trip bills ! :rotfl:

Paying off the last of my credit cards and the rest into IRA. I want to retire at 55 and I got 15 years to get all I can get saved up.

i wish i could say we're using it for a vacation, but we've already spent about $500 on a new hot water heater, we've got to make repairs to our driveway which will be several hundred more, and DH's workshop needs new doors badly, so there's a few more hundred. no money for vacation this year :(

I'll know in about a week if we are getting a refund (having our meeting with our tax guy next wed) but we will use most if to pay for summer camp and the rest will go into savings.

Lara

If we get anything, we're throwing it into our car fund. I want to pay in cash for our next auto. I'm hoping our old one holds out long enough. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter