What are everyones best/unique souvenirs?

I have two favorites. My Dooney & Bourke purse has to be my favorite souvenir from any vacation with my Mickey and Minnie garden gnomes from Epcot being a close second.

I think it'd be unique to make my own shirt at DTD....I do the pick a pearl and we love to visit shops with non-clothing/non-typical tourist items - like shops with cooking utensils, housewares, and cookbooks etc.
My boys want to do the pressed pennies next time!

I have two favorites. My Dooney & Bourke purse has to be my favorite souvenir from any vacation with my Mickey and Minnie garden gnomes from Epcot being a close second.

I want those gnomes so bad! I might break down and buy them on my next trip.

Honestly, my best/favorite souvenir isn't all that rare, but it's one of those leather-bound journals that I bought. I got it from CS's merch. shop, so I guess it's not that hard to find, but I really do love it. I ended up writing everything I had done on my first Disney trip in there at the end of every day. I don't regret getting it just because it helps to refresh my memory of what I did.

I would love to pick a pearl or make my own t-shirt one day, though. Maybe next April. ::yes::

My favorite has to be my souvenir menus and plate that I received both signed from the "DIne with an Imagineeer" experience at the Hollywood Brown Derby. It was the definite highlight of my trip...attached to it are the memories of a meal shared with a very inspirational imagineer and the quote "Keep moving forward..."

Sent from my HTC One X using DISBoards

My daughter did pick a pearl and ended up with twin pearls that we turned into earrings.

It's not unique but hubby got me the WDW castle alex and ani bracelet...i wear them all the time so I love having Cinderella's castle with me!

But as far as unique...we were in Epcot earlier this month when the man who creates glass blown ornaments was working. We had two created, one for my son and one for my daughter. They each picked their colors and he personalizes. 15 minutes, $15 and a short rain storm later and we now have two beautiful hand crafted ornaments that are personalized with their names, Epcot and dated very uniquely as the date was 12-12-12!

Not unique but I always buy some sort of Disney kitchen gadget. One of my favorite souvenirs though is the David Doss picture of Mickey and Minnie sitting on the beach at the Polynesian that I bought when we stayed there. It makes me smile every time I look at it!

Someone here mentioned the tea shoppe, and that's where I get my most unizue souvenier. There's one tea there that they claim is only available either in the UK or in Disney theme parks (It's in a black tin). I've also bought several lovely china tea mugs there (why does WDW sell so many different coffee mugs, but no WDW-themed tea cups?)

I have seen beautiful *complete* or *separate* tea sets/cups from Alice In Wonderland. They are very nice looking china - sold in different places, but I know in World of Disney.

Mine aren't unique, but I get a magnet for our fridge and a Christmas ornament every time we go.

My favorite would be my D&B bag, but I don't think I can afford to get one of those every time! :laughing:

BearcatsFan said:
Mine aren't unique, but I get a magnet for our fridge and a Christmas ornament every time we go.

My favorite would be my D&B bag, but I don't think I can afford to get one of those every time! :laughing:

Me too! Lol (magnet & ornament)

And my kids started the pin trading this year so that is a fun souvenir...
I was excited about some of the free souvenirs you can get too like the celebration pins and sorcerer cards. Not to mention autographs! Also I love saving my tickets/kttw, arcade card, photopass card, maps and stuff like that to put them in my scrapbook. :)

I picked this up in 2000, but 12 years later, we still use it all the time. It's a little pewter Tinker Bell, with Tink on the handle and a little pewter bell below; the whole thing is only about 3" tall. The kids ring it when they call the family to dinner. I smile every time I see it.

I'm hopeful to get a travel coffee cup to use daily and remember the trip (alongside the resort mug, too) and a vinylmation figure or maybe some little knick nacks from Epcot to keep on my shelf and remember the trip. :hyper:

Cadyrose said:
My daughter did pick a pearl and ended up with twin pearls that we turned into earrings.

It's not unique but hubby got me the WDW castle alex and ani bracelet...i wear them all the time so I love having Cinderella's castle with me!

But as far as unique...we were in Epcot earlier this month when the man who creates glass blown ornaments was working. We had two created, one for my son and one for my daughter. They each picked their colors and he personalizes. 15 minutes, $15 and a short rain storm later and we now have two beautiful hand crafted ornaments that are personalized with their names, Epcot and dated very uniquely as the date was 12-12-12!

Is the ornament maker always there or only during the holidays? Or was he just here this year? That is so cool and would love to get something like that next Christmas when we are there !

We love the Larry Dotson prints we have bought the last few years. I like to but them when and where he is signing so we get a little personalized note and signature on the mat. We have one of each park and the Contemporary one and the Polynesian. We also have two David Doss prints.

My own longtime favorite is my coral half zip Polynesian sweatshirt. I bought it on our first trip in 2000. I don't wear it anymore, it has a couple of tiny holes near the bottom. I can't seem to get rid of it though. I wold love to see them sell some more like it.

artwork!

I got a Cinderella cel on my first trip, Snow White on the 2nd.

Larry Dotson park prints (1 of each park and these are framed in my living room).

Also love the animators who will draw characters for you... between my last 2 trips I got Snow White, Grumpy and the hag.

OOOH.... AND Animation Academy - where you learn how to draw acharacter @ DHS and you keep your drawing - I think these are my favourite souvenirs!!

I think next month I'm only gonna do the Animation Academy since I have the other artwork already and... I recently got a chamilia bracelet so I'll be getting a bead/charm or two for it from WDW :)

princessmocha said:
Is the ornament maker always there or only during the holidays? Or was he just here this year? That is so cool and would love to get something like that next Christmas when we are there !

This was our first Christmas trip so I can't be 100% positive but I definitely got the sense that he is there for the holidays. But I don't think he is there year round. He only told us that he is there 1-7 everyday and that he has been doing it for over 50 years.

The best one was the panda fingerling socks I got right after watching the Reflections of China at EPCOT yesterday evening. my feet were at their breaking point and I needed socks and they were the only one available. I love them and it became a conversation starter between us and another couple after they saw me putting it on.

My absolutely favorite souvenir purchased this past April is my espresso set of cups/saucers (I bought 4 of each). It's the perfect size for a double espresso. I keep them out on my espresso machine, so they are decorative as well as functional.

I adore the retro style of the cup with "Mickey's Coffee Brand" and "Really Swell" stamped onto it. It was pricey, but well worth it.

IMAG0716

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter