What are everyones best/unique souvenirs?

Couple of my favorite things to purchase

Fudge Tins from the Confectionary
Tea from Twinings ( even though I could buy it at home , lol )
Almond Coconut Body Butter from Basin @ Grand Flordian
Coasters from France
Perfume from Italy
Jewlery from Italy
To take photos @ the photobooth on the Boardwalk.
Pressed Pennies.

This past trip , we bought our son Disney Crocs. They are so darn cute.

always the pressed pennies and we adore the pins. we have been trading for 12 or so years and we love that you can keep recycling them and search for new collections to trade for and it doesn't cost any more than our initial outlay.

My favorite souvenir came from the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney. They have all kinds of artwork there, and I found a small drawing I loved of one of the areas in Animal Kingdom. The artist was at the store that day so I was able to get it signed and personalized as well.

Our favorite souvenir is from the character drawing class in Hollywood Studios. We went twice this summer while we were there. In the first class we drew Grumpy, and in the second class we drew Buzz. The Disney animator in the second class gave her autographed drawing to the person who first guessed who we were drawing. My 9 year old daughter won! We framed that drawing and it is hanging on her wall.

One of my favorite (and inexpensive) souvenirs is getting a new antenna topper for my van. I got the Mickey bar one last time and am looking forward to getting captain Mickey in 37 days! Beyond that, I like dated things, whether it be a picture frame or mug. Our last big trip was in December 2009 and they only had 2010 frames in every store. :confused3 I was thrilled to find a 2009 frame in the Disney store in the airport before we went home.

We get a Christmas ornament every year from the Christmas store at DTD. It is so exciting to see them every year when we put up the tree!

We have several:

DD always gets a notepad & pens - a charm for her charm bracelet.

DH loves vinylmation, pins, & pictures

I have my Disney Magnet with the year on it & my prized Dooney Purse (I carry everyday) along with mickey head earrings.

DS gets pokemon from Japan, always!

:goodvibes

We too buy a christmas ornament every year.

My most unique souvenir now is probably my big fake check from when we won the grand prize on Who Wants to be a Mousekateer, a free cruise, when I was 14. We still have that hanging up somewhere at my parent's house.

I also love my Marauder's Map replica from Universal, it's so incredibly detailed!

My favorite is when the Hummel figurine painters are in the store in Germany (Epcot). They will personalize any figurine you purchase, and sign it. That is a really unique and rare opportunity and they are very collectable pieces. We have three now. They are probably some of the most precious heirlooms I own.

I like the Christmas ornaments also, but the most unique is probably the hand carved rings outside the Mexico Pavilion in EPCOT. I bought one for myself in 2009 and HAD to get one for my daughter and one for a friend on my next trip in 2010. I also order a calender from Photopass when I get home.

It's harder to find unique souvenirs these days. I have my opera glasses from the former antique store in MK (which I have actually taken to the theater and used) which are one of my favorites, and I have bought lots of jewelry over the years, including a beautiful Aurora cameo which is another favorite. Then there are the silly things, like the umbrella hat I bought at Epcot in September (it got plenty of use in the sun and in the rain).

These days, I still check out the jewelry to see if anything catches my eye (found a great Mickey ring at the Studios last year), and I tend to look for practical items I can use in daily life (clothes, kitchen goods, etc.). I think DTD is still a great place for shopping because they have the "everywhere" items along with some items that you may not find anywhere else. The World Showcase stores also carry items you may not find all over property.

Our last trip to WDW and we bought a tin rhinocerous from AK. It's rainbow color and you would not know its from WDW but it's in our living room and every day it reminds us of our last trip. We love it.

Don't exclude something that seems ordinary--it may be that the ordinary is the perfect thing to have as a reminder:)

The best souvenir is one you use often. It doesn't even have to look like it came from Disney - but every time you use it, it will remind you of your trip and all the good memories

Ditto on both of these. I mostly get mugs or things that I'll use every day. I also get pins, but, much as I love my Disney pins, and even though I keep some on my computer right below the monitor, and rotate them regularly, they don't make me remember my trips as much as my mugs. :confused3

My daughter picked out a cool small drum from the Africa section of AK -- it's something everyone in the family loves (whenever anyone passes the drum -- it tends to move around a lot in our house -- it's hard not to thump it).

Someone here mentioned the tea shoppe, and that's where I get my most unizue souvenier. There's one tea there that they claim is only available either in the UK or in Disney theme parks (It's in a black tin). I've also bought several lovely china tea mugs there (why does WDW sell so many different coffee mugs, but no WDW-themed tea cups?)

I just purchased some perfume over in France for my DM for Christmas and they did free engraving on the perfume bottle

I love this thread, so many good ideas!:thumbsup2
I buy a lot from WS and not so much Disney items, although I do have some nice Disney items for my kitchen.
My new thing is buying different cooking books every trip. I already got one from Japan and France. Last trip I added Delicious Disney, love it. :goodvibes

I use my Dooney & Bourke and my Mickey Mouse watch the most, but my favorites are the silhouettes we had made of our daughters last trip. We'll definitely do that every time from now on.

Thanks to all for the fabulous ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter