What am I doing wrong re MDE dining reservations

lundve

DIS Veteran
I’m 100% certain my 60 days is today - the dates even showed up in MDE for my on site stay in the dining screen. But if I try to make a reservation for anything other then 7/5 (7/6-7/9) I get the please try again button

Dining reservations have been broken for over a year. The tool forgets that you're logged in. Login again, then go to Add Dining from your Plans screen rather than going directly to Dining from the WDW home page.

Sometimes you'll get zero results and even just by clicking "search" again without changing anything, they'll start to work.

Dining reservations have been broken for over a year. The tool forgets that you're logged in. Login again, then go to Add Dining from your Plans screen rather than going directly to Dining from the WDW home page.

Sometimes you'll get zero results and even just by clicking "search" again without changing anything, they'll start to work.

I get all the results to show up both ways but when I go to pick one during 7/6-7/9 even for an unpopular restaurant it won’t go past the loading screen

I have found it much easier on a desktop computer.

Finally - I’ve gotten somewhere.

It still won’t work but I see my resort reservation, I see my park passes, I go to the top where the five icons are and choose a restaurant and only 7/5 is showing available for me to book. Can someone please tell me how to fix? Who do I call or chat or what?

And I have manually and used a Disney calculator I am sure 60 days is today...

Go in through a different way--it glitches sometimes. Try searching for the particular restaurant, then clicking on that and looking for availability.

I did that on the app and it still wouldn’t work.

I did that on the laptop and my dates past 7/5 don’t show up at all. Any clues?

I also per your advice logged off and back on and per the chat cleared my cache...I’m not sure what else to do...

do you have a split stay? If so it's different for each stay.
Yes I do - I have one for 7/5-7/9 - the 60 days starts today, right? That’s the days I’m trying to book...

I also have one 7/9-7/13 that I realize doesn’t begin for a few more days and I’m not trying to book anything for the 10th-13th days...

Go into My plans. Then there are 5 icons a third the way down, and hover over dining. Make a reservation should pop up. Click on it.
It then loads 81 restaurants on property. Change your date, and select on the left side the park or resorts you want to look at. Change your party size, and time, then click Search Times. Works fine for me right now.
I did all my reservations over the last week for both sides of my split stay.

Go into My plans. Then there are 5 icons a third the way down, and hover over dining. Make a reservation should pop up. Click on it.
It then loads 81 restaurants on property. Change your date, and select on the left side the park or resorts you want to look at. Change your party size, and time, then click Search Times. Works fine for me right now.
I did all my reservations over the last week for both sides of my split stay.

Thanks for this - you would do great in Disney IT. 🤣😊

I did this just now and finally the dates show up, but as soon as I put in my information I get the hmmm we are having trouble here screen. (this is similar to the app that loads the reservation but won’t let me book it) I called the reservation line and I was told my reservation was linked. They gave me the Internet help desk line and I am now waiting for a call back. 🤞🏻

I can say that I've had issues over the years. Had to delete family and reenter them. Had to delete cards and re-enter etc.
Lesson here is to do a test run a few days before. Make an actual reservation in the system. Then go in and cancel it.
I play with the My Plans and my Account pretty regularly, and we only go once a year!

I did this just now and finally the dates show up, but as soon as I put in my information I get the hmmm we are having trouble here screen. (this is similar to the app that loads the reservation but won’t let me book it) I called the reservation line and I was told my reservation was linked. They gave me the Internet help desk line and I am now waiting for a call back. 🤞🏻
I have a split stay coming up in June and I had a similar problem on my 60+ day. I ended up on the phone with the internet help desk and that person was actually able to make my reservations for me. So definitely have your ADR list ready and hopefully they will book them for you. Once I got past the 60 days for all of my trip dates, I have been able to book new reservations and move things around, but during that window it just didn't work correctly for me on my computer or on my phone.

I have a split stay coming up in June and I had a similar problem on my 60+ day. I ended up on the phone with the internet help desk and that person was actually able to make my reservations for me. So definitely have your ADR list ready and hopefully they will book them for you. Once I got past the 60 days for all of my trip dates, I have been able to book new reservations and move things around, but during that window it just didn't work correctly for me on my computer or on my phone.

I don’t know what magical power the Internet help desk has but it worked after he called back. Anyone else with this problem - call them!

I’m 100% certain my 60 days is today - the dates even showed up in MDE for my on site stay in the dining screen. But if I try to make a reservation for anything other then 7/5 (7/6-7/9) I get the please try again button

this happened to me this morning and is still happening as of now

I booked everything through my computer instead. Worked no problem

Honestly? If I hadn't gotten anything to work at 6am online, I would have been on the phone at 7 to make them rather than 2 hours later (and then longer) being on a forum asking what I was doing wrong.

I'm glad it worked out, but a simple phone call could have saved you a lot of stress! <3

Honestly? If I hadn't gotten anything to work at 6am online, I would have been on the phone at 7 to make them rather than 2 hours later (and then longer) being on a forum asking what I was doing wrong.

I'm glad it worked out, but a simple phone call could have saved you a lot of stress! <3

I tried the dining number WDW DINE several times after 7AM and all I was getting was an odd phone message

“You have called the number outside your shadowing hours please call back”

I’m not even sure what that was all about. The help desk guy alluded to it not being staffed still because of COVID. It just wasn’t my day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter