• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What’s for dinner?

Decided to take care of some needed docs so traveled to the main post office in the Bronx. Across the street is a nice Italian restaurant so decided to order some takeout. Big mistake. The pork chops were over cooked and the sauce had all the necessary ingredients but was not cooked together. Threw the chops away and fixing the sauce for another day. Picking at the spaghetti marinara that comes as a side but really not hungry so guess I’ll stick it in the fridge awaiting DGD’s return.
The fridge is essentially empty, DGD returns Saturday morning so I need to stop dithering about.

We really liked the bang bang shrimp on a bed of sautéed lettuce & green onions, so we're making that again tonight. This time we're doubling the recipe, so we can have enough for lunch a couple of days.

:sunny:Hot, hot, hot out again today so no cooking! DH bbq'd hot dogs and we had them with deli potato salad and watermelon, after a refreshing starter course of popsicles. DH and DS are away tomorrow night so if this weather holds it'll just be me and the popsicles. :teeth:

Gai Pad Prik King. It was sooo delicious! I didn't use the optional salted duck egg (not a fan). The only differences were I used chicken breast instead of thighs, and string beans, which I blanched and dried well prior to stir frying. I tend to blanch my veggies (at least broccoli and green beans) with Pailin's recipes--for me it just works better.

https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/gai-pad-prik-king2/
What a lovely looking dish and with the current weather just right for maximum taste and minimal cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter