What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Have a can of cannellini beans open in the fridge so it needs using. Gonna add another 2 cans to it plus shallots, carrots, celery and leeks. The recipe calls for salt pork and fresh parsley but I’m subbing pork belly and dried parsley as it’s here already. Too hot for unnecessary shopping.
Making Potage Purée Soissonnaise which is just another way of saying white bean soup, lol. Yes, some of it will wind up in the freezer but that’s life 😊

We are having grilled tuna, corn with jalapeños, and rice pilaf.

It’s the end of strawberry season so I ran to fruit stand and got a couple pints. I’ll make strawberry shortcake for dessert. They also had raspberries so I grabbed a few pints of those too.

The white bean soup I made yesterday had a higher than expected yield: approx 13 cups or a bit over 3 QTs; I was only expecting 2 quarts so we all know how I did in math 😁. Anywho the soup will be dinner again but I opened up the electric pressure cooker and started using up more freezer goods.

3 lbs of oxtails became birria and stew, Jamaican style. Tomorrow the 5 lbs of beef stewing meat will be defrosted and we’ll start on it. The day after that (maybe) it’ll be the chicken parts turn.

I like using the pressure cooker during the summer and never thought to use it. Guess that means I’m not too old to learn a new trick 😜.

The white bean soup I made yesterday had a higher than expected yield: approx 13 cups or a bit over 3 QTs; I was only expecting 2 quarts so we all know how I did in math 😁. Anywho the soup will be dinner again but I opened up the electric pressure cooker and started using up more freezer goods.

3 lbs of oxtails became birria and stew, Jamaican style. Tomorrow the 5 lbs of beef stewing meat will be defrosted and we’ll start on it. The day after that (maybe) it’ll be the chicken parts turn.

I like using the pressure cooker during the summer and never thought to use it. Guess that means I’m not too old to learn a new trick 😜.
Just wanted to say, I love your adventures with food and I bet it would be a wonderful experience to enjoy the meals you create. I hope they're as good for you as they seem they'd be. :)

I never think to use my pressure cooker in the summer. Great reminder! Thanks!

Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset, repeat :rotfl2:(not to worry we used SPF 50 every day!). It really was a great time and we met the nicest people as we have every year. Just a really nice long summer weekend. Very grateful it was beautiful weather, but now back to reality LOL
I know everything I go through when I camping and want to cycle each day. It's so, so hard to protect yourself from the sun 100%. I'm getting better at it, but it's certainly a work in progress.

I was really bad today; no veggies, just meat and lots of it.
The Jamaican oxtails were calling my name and it was hard enough not having a side dish of rice, any kind of rice, with it.
Was portioning them for the freezer and they just wouldn’t stop whispering sweet nothings 🤷🏽‍♀️.
Oh well, we all deserve a carnivore maximus day in our lives 👍🏾

I was really bad today; no veggies, just meat and lots of it.
The Jamaican oxtails were calling my name and it was hard enough not having a side dish of rice, any kind of rice, with it.
Was portioning them for the freezer and they just wouldn’t stop whispering sweet nothings 🤷🏽‍♀️.
Oh well, we all deserve a carnivore maximus day in our lives 👍🏾

We've been cutting back on meat more and more the past couple years, but sometimes you make something and it really does taste so darned good it's tough to leave it alone. Once in a while is okay if you ordinarily keep the devil on your shoulder bound and gagged.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest